Kareem Canty

CameronCrazy

I read a blurb on Bleacher Report app today that this kid's coming to AU might not be a done deal, as he is supposedly going to visit South Florida in the very near future.

I read a blurb on Bleacher Report app today that this kid's coming to AU might not be a done deal, as he is supposedly going to visit South Florida in the very near future.

Relatively typical "commit" which sometimes means "maybe...unless something better turns up".....so we will just wait and see.

I also read that after he committed to AU he then decided he was going to visit other schools and then decide where he wants to go.

Guest jojo1515

I am not worried in the least.

Definitely not worried about whether we get a guy that cant play this year. BP is likely to have a stellar recruiting class next year and any transfer will just have extra competition next year (when we likely need him less). If he comes, great. If not, his loss. We are gonna move forward next year either way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Kareem Canty told ESPN he has re-considered and is now heading to Auburn after initially committing to Auburn, then committing to South Fla.

Kareem Canty on committing to Auburn: "My heart was in Auburn and I just couldn't turn down playing for Coach Pearl in the SEC."

@GoodmanESPN

How many more transfers can we take?! Has KC Ross-Miller signed with Auburn?

As many as CBP wants. As things stand now, we could be looking at up to 3 processings.

D1 Transfers don't sign NLIs. They only sign Fin Aid papers but those are not binding. Only thing binding from another D1 transfer is starting classes.

As a transfer, Canty would have to sit out this season then have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

He will have 3 years left. He was a Freshman this past year and will be a RS Soph when available to play at AU in 2015.

Welcome to the family, Mr Canty. Kid can play. Nice pickup.

Archived