Pic of North Endzone

lca408

Does anyone have a good level shot of the North endzone from the south endzone, preferably as low to the field as possible? Working on a project and GIS didn't really help me at all. It can be during a game or empty - does not matter - just want a good, relatively level shot from the student endzone.

I think this would be the appropriate place for this post but if not, mods move accordingly.

We need to add more seats to Jordan-Hare.

NO we do NOT.. Why do you keep posting the same stupid crap over and over.

We need to add more seats to Jordan-Hare.

It's mathematically very simple. No. Sorry.

Why? Because, this year, when they did the Eagles Nest promotion (upper deck season tickets) it took a few weeks at least to sell out. A couple of years back, they were selling individual game tickets.

Jordan-Hare is in the top 25 of stadium capacity in the world. It brought British actor/documentarian Steven Fry to tears when he visited. We can seat more than the NY Giants, the Washington Redskins, Shanghai Soccer, Manchester United, etc, etc.

When there is a waiting list 7 years long to buy priority (make donations to have the right to buy season tickets) for the north end zone, we will want to build another deck.

Is it a shortcoming that we seat 14,500 fewer gameday fans than the bumpkins to the west? Not unless you like sharing facilities with the 85%. Because that is what you'll get. Believe me. I've been to BDS multiple times.

AU is about 30% smaller than Alabama in student population. Coincidentally, it is more selective in admission. Auburn's study disciplines are more conducive to relocation. (So much for being the cow college.) journalism, PR, architecture, engineering, vet med, etc will send you outside a reasonable Saturday drive.

We are obviously working on ways to grow season ticket buying, with the young alum program.

We pack out 87,000 in a town in east Alabama 8 times a year. Be proud. That's better than pretty much all the NFL.

A few years ago one of the primary architects/businessman for FSU's current stadium told me that unlike other conferences, almost every SEC team could sell over 200,000 tickets to at least 1 or 2 games every year regardless of how teams are actually doing. That alone (he said) makes it profitable to expand those SEC stadiums to over 100,000 capacity. I don't think he was trying to sell me anything, I'm just a lowly ham & egger.

fwiw, I've been to Maracana soccer stadium in Brazil (200,000 "capacity") and many other similar soccer monstrosities and even since the Hillsborough tragedy, soccer "seating" around the world would never fly in the US. It's largely standing and leaning on a wooden railing so you can dodge fan flares all game long. Plus the concept of "safe exit" is laughable in these regulations-ignored structures. Even Wembley (London) is uncomfortable and not viewer friendly.

More seats? ....think I would wait until all the NCAA lawsuits are done with 'cause the wrong outcome on some of them could be a BIG problem for the future of big time college football. Meanwhile, there does not seem to be a shortage of tickets for AU games...and in fact, a little scarcity might be good for ticket sales. I'm with Patbocam above on this issue.

BUT....one thing noticeable to me in all the pictures was the puny scoreboard and video screen....Seems to me that we've put all our money in a sound system that shatters eardrums...but still have the equivalent of a 42 inch flat screen or something.

I have to agree our priorities for any stadium improvements should be

1)Sound system

2)New jumbotrons in both endzones

3)cheaper concessions :D

Jumbotron yes, sound system...depends. Haven't noticed ours is exactly inferior, just that it's not set to blasting. FSU and U of Miami recently installed systems that had me covering my kids ears they're so loud and we were 40 yards away from the speakers. Jville Jaguars, Tamp Bucs, N'orleans Pelicans and most other pro games I've been to recently (even the US mens soccer games) have jacked sound systems that management apparently think need excessive volume (I guess to show off the investment?).

It's a flat crazy trend.

Our sound system sucks, JMO. At Homecoming this past year, you literally couldn't make out anything said when introducing the gals- and that was in a quiet, non-conference crowd atmosphere. Subpar by almost any standard.

Our sound system sucks, JMO. At Homecoming this past year, you literally couldn't make out anything said when introducing the gals- and that was in a quiet, non-conference crowd atmosphere. Subpar by almost any standard.

Agree...it's a crappy system and I think the operators try to make up for it by setting the sound level at "ear splitting" which means it is almost impossible to hear what is being broadcast...just a blare of noise '

I have no complaints about seating capacity but the auxiliary systems (video and sound) are second rate these days.

Jumbotron yes, sound system...depends. Haven't noticed ours is exactly inferior, just that it's not set to blasting. FSU and U of Miami recently installed systems that had me covering my kids ears they're so loud and we were 40 yards away from the speakers. Jville Jaguars, Tamp Bucs, N'orleans Pelicans and most other pro games I've been to recently (even the US mens soccer games) have jacked sound systems that management apparently think need excessive volume (I guess to show off the investment?).

It's a flat crazy trend.

I don't want a louder sound system just a more clear one.

Need better scoreboard. Why we take up 1/2 of the usable scoreboard we currently have with scores from other games and ads beats me.

I would like to see scholarship seating options improve, but I'm being selfish.

Schedule better games and I'll be in favor of increased seating. Until then, continue spending the money on the campus and great coaches.

Archived