UT coaching job?

alexava

not sure where to put this but that is going to really hurt their fans. I hope it is too late to even make a run at Pearl, not that he would listen anyway. they have really screwed that up.

I live in Knoxville and the fans are stunned at their coach leaving. I told them what did they expect with the way they treated and talked bad about him. They then think they still have a shot at Pearl saying the rumor is he hasn't signed his contact and he still has his home here. The fans and alumni I've talked with are besides themselves over the timing of everything. They really want Pearl back in a bad way.

I live in Knoxville and the fans are stunned at their coach leaving. I told them what did they expect with the way they treated and talked bad about him. They then think they still have a shot at Pearl saying the rumor is he hasn't signed his contact and he still has his home here. The fans and alumni I've talked with are besides themselves over the timing of everything. They really want Pearl back in a bad way.

Stunned...they did everything but offer to help him pack back in March...and now they are surprised. Martin was fortunate to finish strong which gave him more bargaining chips....and bet he's glad to get out of town.

UT fans are not that much unlike bammers.....think everyone wants to coach at their school....though maybe recent football events have tempered the arrogance some......but expect a number of UTk fans will not be able to understand why BP would not jump ship at AU to come "home".

Will be interesting to watch this play out.

I think Martin knew the heat would on him next year when they're mediocre. Stokes and few other starters were Seniors so they aren't going to be as good next season as they were this season. I think Martin was a decent coach but he still underachieved at Tennessee considering how down the SEC is in basketball. Tennessee was on the bubble and managed to make it in but had to play in the play-in game. Georgia went 12-6 in the SEC and didn't make the NCAA Tournament because the SEC is so down.

It'll be interesting to see who Tennessee gets. I doubt they'd be able to get Shaka Smart at VCU or Gregg Marshall at Wichita State.

Tennessee apparently hiring the coach from Southern Miss.....another high energy guy like Pearl they say. Should be interesting.

Archived