The opener against the Pigs just keeps getting bigger!

EagleFlight34

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad Gus has remained classy about this. Bielema is simply making a horse's butt of himself in public. I'd think it would start to grate on the Ark fan base and alumni eventually. SEC schools won't out up with a loser very long, but they will tolerate someone who is an embarrassment even shorter.

A lot of Arky supporters already hate Bert and have hated him since he stepped on campus. Most preferred Patrino and wanted him back.

It only makes sense that he would hate Malzahn. Gus revolutionized high school football in Arkansas to the point that pretty much everyone is running something akin to his HUNH attack, and having worked with a contracting company out of Arkansas in the wake of the Gulf oil spill, I found out that there was a large contingent who wanted Gus to be Petrino's successor. Bielema doesn't fit so well because he expected to be revered for his success at Wisconsin and have his pick of the litter within state borders, but instead he is second guessed by a fan base that longs for high octane offense and coaches who have modeled their styles, and thus their best athletes, toward an attack that doesn't mesh with his own.

Now that Petrino has been brought back down to earth again, they could conceivably expect that he might finish out his career there, if for no other reason than not being able to do better than Arky. In other words, Bret had danged well better make some noise ON the field if he wants to stick around Fayetteville for long.

If Bert insists on measuring himself against one coach, he better pick someone other than Gus ... like maybe ... someone more like Lane Kiffin.

The best way for Auburn to respond to all of this is for a packed house to make this the loudest stadium he's ever had to coach. For our fans to avoid stooping to his 3rd grade antics with mocking cheers (however tempting)and instead offer a good ole hostile environment. This will do more than enough to inspire our team to beat the ever lasting snot out of Arkansas. Brett, will of course pop of at the mouth even in defeat and continue to campaign for the "All SEC Gas Bag" team.

The reason Bert has made beating Gus priority number 1 is because it will show the Arky fans and high school coaches that Gus isn't the unstoppable force his meteoric rise alludes to. The problem is he doesn't have his style player in place to fully run his scheme, the Arky talent base won't help him much on that regard, and the fact that it's just not that easy to beat Gus. So he's preparing for us in spring practice since we are his opening opponent, but what exactly is he preparing for? We all know Gus suits the offense to the skill set at hand, and that that changes every season. We won't run the read option over 70% next year, so his extra prep for us will have limited impact as its just guessing on what the opponent will do. So when the piggies get blown out of JHS in a few months, it won't forbode well for Bert's length of stay in Fayetteville. Meanwhile Gus and the boys keep humming along on the way to another division and conference championship. At least that's how I hope it plays out. WDE!

Why is it so hard for posters to put at least a portion of the article in the original post? It's not that hard and would provide others a synopsis of the article to know if they want to read the whole thing. Starting a thread and just putting a link in it just comes of as being lazy.

Not to defend Burt, I loathe him too. This story is simply regurgitation of the past year plus the fact Ark is preparing for their next opponent. Not sure it's worth any extra hypertension. We have THE best coach in all of football and there is plenty of angst to go around. Burt just does a poor job of controlling it.

This game was already big, it is a no win situation for Auburn. We are expected to win if it is close or we lose the media will have a field day

In this thread alone Bielema has been named Bert, Bret, and Burt. That's more new information than what was in the link.

This game was already big, it is a no win situation for Auburn. We are expected to win if it is close or we lose the media will have a field day

that's OK with me. I think pigs will be a better team. But not good enough to deal with the bus.

In this thread alone Bielema has been named Bert, Bret, and Burt. That's more new information than what was in the link.

agree. And I need to spell insults better.

Honestly I hope we blow them out but I also hope we use a similar game plan to last years arkansas game. Nothing but HB dives down the field just as a big F You to fat boy.

While I completely agree that it is a good idea for them to practice some pace this spring since they open the season with us, I find it really amusing that bert would actually admit to it. Did he not know the story line this would open up? It always amazes me when stupid people are really successful in life but I keep finding examples....

Kind of a non story. Bulimia will have them ultra fired up by kickoff and it's cliche but particularly with 18 -22 year olds, the first 5 minutes of each half can dictate the entire game's dynamic. Take care of business and get out with a W. Can't remember a game when I've so wanted us to receive the opening kickoff...

I think any rational person would consider a win a winning situation. It's an inter-division game and Arkansas has enough athletes to beat us if we don't play well. It isn't Ark State we're playing.

Why is it so hard for posters to put at least a portion of the article in the original post? It's not that hard and would provide others a synopsis of the article to know if they want to read the whole thing. Starting a thread and just putting a link in it just comes of as being lazy.

I couldn't. I was on my phone and it wouldn't copy. You are welcome to do that for me.

Thank you sooo much.

"Bert" has long been an intentional misspelling used as a mocking moniker.

Archived