Reality Approaches for McCarron

Proud Tiger

McCarron is slowly going to realize that outside his mind, Tuscalorser, and the Alabama media there is a different reality than some TV show.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/browns_fans_chime_in_on_alabam.html#incart_m-rpt-2

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't find the link to a QB draft list I saw the other day. Two different (so-called) draft experts both had AJ as the 5th QB selected.

Feeling kind of sorry for Tre, I had to think: how does the 5th best college QB, finish 2nd in the Heisman voting?

It's easy. The bama and national media gave McCarron a lot more publicity, including all the stuff with his girlfriend.

I hope he gets his hands heavily insured. That clipboard holding can get tough..... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

I hope he gets his hands heavily insured. That clipboard holding can get tough..... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

He should always use a plastic clipboard. They are lighter and don't have those wood splinters..............

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/

Has moved to McShay's and Kiper's #6 QB selected. (down from #5) Granted neither McShay nor Kiper will be drafting anyone, but I think it is fair to say, A.J's stock is falling.

Notice how in the video A.J. states: I am blessed to be hear, it is a blessing to get drafted anywhere etc... I have never heard A.J. speak the so called blessing words/speak.

Perhaps A.J. he has been served a-little humble pie?

Its most likely his "team"/agent advising him on what to say publicly. Its a better look all around for him to be humble than continuing to talk about how he needs more respect.

I have friends who work in the athletic dept at Bama that say he's just the biggest jerk. They also stayed that Miss Webb isn't the only girl he's been dating. Maybe that'll come out in the reality TV show along with asking why he just ran off the field after the IB without showing a single shred of sportsmanship at the end.

There could likely be no QB's taken until the late in the 1st round or early 2nd...how is AJ gonna top 'em all? Will Collier was smoking something when he tweeted that.

Say what you will, AJ is not that bad as a starter. He is still College Hall of Famer, no doubt.

Now, as an NFL Player? They could do worse. He can throw long, He can hand the ball off. Now, out running a corner blitz or throwing the ball away in time, i am not so sure about. But the kid is a solid at QB in college and has an awesome record as a starter.

There could likely be no QB's taken until the late in the 1st round or early 2nd...how is AJ gonna top 'em all? Will Collier was smoking something when he tweeted that.

That's not Will Collier's opinion. He was comparing it to satire on The Onion. Either McCarron has been smoking something or a lot of NFL people have been blowing smoke up his skirt.

Say what you will, AJ is not that bad as a starter. He is still College Hall of Famer, no doubt.

Now, as an NFL Player? They could do worse. He can throw long, He can hand the ball off. Now, out running a corner blitz or throwing the ball away in time, i am not so sure about. But the kid is a solid at QB in college and has an awesome record as a starter.

Really? College Hall of Famer?? Over this career he at best was the third best QB in the conference. You can make an argument that he was no better than 5th in the conference. Just for perspective, a quick search of the National Football Foundation hall of fame inductee's yielded no quarterbacks from Alabama from 1960 forward.

Its most likely his "team"/agent advising him on what to say publicly. Its a better look all around for him to be humble than continuing to talk about how he needs more respect.

Good point!!

No doubt? Oh plenty of doubt my friend, plenty! He wasn't even close to being the best QB in the conference. Hall of Fame?

I'll be an astronaut before AJ McCarron makes the College Football HOF

I'll be an astronaut before AJ McCarron makes the College Football HOF

Better stock up on Tang. AJ will make the HOF based on his W-L record and 2 national championships. He was never a game-changing athlete, but he was as good as he had to be (most of the time).

The only reason he was on the Heisman ballot was because the voters felt he needed some sort of "career achievement" recognition for (presumably) winning 3 national championships. (Of course, if you've got a second, I can tell you what happened to that plan.) That same sentiment will get him in the HOF.

If he makes the College Football HOF, and it means I become an astronaut, I won't complain.

And the winner...

"Last Bama QBs to do anything in the NFL was Namath and Stabler." -PoundRuiz

I also liked this (But I guess we'll never know exactly what his salary was on that "minor league NFL team' :-\ ):

"This guy isn't a playmaker, he was a decent game manager on an NFL minor league team." - PoundRuiz

No doubt? Oh plenty of doubt my friend, plenty! He wasn't even close to being the best QB in the conference. Hall of Fame?

Name me one other QB with back to back National Titles?

Look, i know some of us really detest the kid. Some even detest his tattoos. Some hate his GF. Some hate his poor sportsmanship.

BUT, in 20 years, when they look back, qbing wins in two consecutive National Title Drives will tilt his way.

Granted, he was on a Minor League Pro team at the time, he will still be in the Hall of Fame. As will be Cam.

Look, i know some of us really detest the kid. Some even detest his tattoos. Some hate his GF. Some hate his poor sportsmanship.

BUT, in 20 years, when they look back, qbing wins in two consecutive National Title Drives will tilt his way.

Granted, he was on a Minor League Pro team at the time, he will still be in the Hall of Fame. As will be Cam.

Hall of Fame? Unlikely.

Hall of Fame? Unlikely.

Halls of Fame recognize career accomplishments much more than annual awards do, which is why Cam is not a lock for the CFHOF.

AJ: Career 36-4 as a starter. Back to back titles. Athlon lists him as the #7 QB of the BCS era.

CFHOF likely. NFL HOF? Extremely unlikely.

Hall of Fame? Unlikely.

Halls of Fame recognize career accomplishments much more than annual awards do, which is why Cam is not a lock for the CFHOF.

AJ: Career 36-4 as a starter. Back to back titles. Athlon lists him as the #7 QB of the BCS era.

CFHOF likely. NFL HOF? Extremely unlikely.

Touché

Archived