2015 4* TE Hale Hentges (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Rivals250 TE on campus. RT @GrizzlyAdams16: @JHokanson Hale Hentges in the student center Chick-fil-A with Malzahn and Lashlee

@JHokanson

HALE-HENTGES_150_2_8.JPG

Hale Hentges, TE

Jefferson City, MO

6'4 / 230 / 4.8

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Michigan State, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Penn State, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, Vanderbilt and Wisconsin, among others.

- Visited AU 4/17/14

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 140)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 150)

Scout: 4*

A fantastic two-way talent from the 'Show Me State'. He could be a valuable addition as a tight end or as a defensive end. On defense, he is quick off the ball and long. He uses his speed to get in the backfield and make plays and his height to leap in to the air to bat down balls. On offense, he uses his size as an advantage of defenders and shows good hand-eye coordination and body control. - GP

http://recruiting.sc...c=1&nid=6169389

Hudl Highlights

Really impressive film on this kid. Great hands and blocks well. He has a wicked offer list. Sign him up!

Saw Malzahn and Lashlee walking him around the Student Rec center today as well and couldn't figure out who he was. He's got a great offer list, would love to have him

Mizzou fans think he's there's to lose.

They were pretty confident about the SECCG too as I remember.

I know W-L isn't everything in recruiting, but I think a lot of these recruits looking at Mizzou will move on when they fall back to earth this season

I know W-L isn't everything in recruiting, but I think a lot of these recruits looking at Mizzou will move on when they fall back to earth this season

Well, they do have an opening right now for a receiver... bazinga.

• 1 month later...

Saw on al.com that he is announcing his decision tonight.

Paper mentioned that AU is one of those in contention but there has been almost nothing on here about him.

Is this just al.com trying to gin up readership by making this look like a big AU-ALA battle....that they are predicting will be won by Bama?

If we are really a factor, why no news?

I didn't even know AU was still in it

No matter...if he picks bama...the headlines will read " Missouri TE selects Alabama over Auburn"....though it appears that Ohio State is bama's strongest competitor for him.

No matter...if he picks bama...the headlines will read " Missouri TE selects Alabama over Auburn"....though it appears that Ohio State is bama's strongest competitor for him.

Look at his 247 crystal balls - Bama, Ohio State and Missouri. Nobody CB'd him to Auburn.

That is PRECISELY why al.com posted his commitment announcement tonight on the Auburn football section.

Anything to make Bammer look good.

That is PRECISELY why al.com posted his commitment announcement tonight on the Auburn football section.

Anything to make Bammer look good.

Actually they posted it on the Auburn section because everyone knows that's where the bammers spend their time. Most of them are more interested in what's going on at AU than with their own team. And as noted, they are trying to create a competitive situation where none exists.

You guys are making the big assumption that many bammers can read.

No one with AU insight has ever projected this kid to us. It is ridiculous that we are paying any attention at all to this. Let's move on.

No one with AU insight has ever projected this kid to us. It is ridiculous that we are paying any attention at all to this. Let's move on.

Apparently he was our No. 1 TE target, but I don't think we were ever his favorite. However this announcement is surprising. I never thought he would commit to AU, but I wouldn't think he would be a good fit at UAT either. Hope it works out for the kid.

This is no real loss to the good guys, and no great addition to Junior Samples U.. Hentges is a slow, undersized TE-how did he ever get 4 stars?

One day he'll reach out and just get a hand on our FG return guy...

He'll ride the bench at crapstone.

This is no real loss to the good guys, and no great addition to Junior Samples U.. Hentges is a slow, undersized TE-how did he ever get 4 stars?

Seriously? This sounds like sour grapes to me. If he had committed to us, you all would have been ecstatic. He is good enough that our coaches wanted him and thought he could help the team, but he's not coming here. Best of luck to him except when he plays us.

Seriously? This sounds like sour grapes to me. If he had committed to us, you all would have been ecstatic. He is good enough that our coaches wanted him and thought he could help the team, but he's not coming here. Best of luck to him except when he plays us.

How many passes did Bama throw to their tight ends last year? 8?

How many passes did Bama throw to their tight ends last year? 8?

But how many rings did their TE have? 3? I'm not a bammer but seriously him committing to Bama was his decision and it shouldn't be a big deal! I'm sure CGM has something up his sleeve.

Archived