Is Obama a Liar?

Proud Tiger

Is Obama a liar? Clearly many here think so. But here is some interesting poll data with some detailed demographics. Use the arrows the bottom to change pages. The liar question on p.19. Most of the polls are consistent with others but with more details. I find it really surprising that 66% of Dems. think Obama lies some of the time.

http://www.foxnews.c...ortant-matters/

Of course he is. He's a politician.

Is Obama a liar? Clearly many here think so. But here is some interesting poll data with some detailed demographics. Use the arrows the bottom to change pages. The liar question on p.19. Most of the polls are consistent with others but with more details. I find it really surprising that 66% of Dems. think Obama lies some of the time.

Almost everyone lies some of the time.

yes but its not unreasonable to expect a certain level of honor from our Commander in Chief. Obama has lied so much that 81% of Americans polled believe he is a liar. I cant imagine anyone defending that but the left has not only embraced his lies but also seem damned proud of them. Sad state of affairs when sheeple defend him by saying "everyone lies"

Of course he is. He's a politician.

1) Everybody does lie some of the time.

2) He is a politician.

3) Water is still wet.

Having said all that, i still get Proud's point. See others admit that the man that as Barbara Walters said was perceived to be: "We thought that he was going to be - I shouldn't say this at Christmastime, but - the next messiah."

Having actually admitted to that, it is indeed revolutionary that some on the Left have actually come to see that Obama is actually just a flawed man.

Now, (sitting here with my 52 year old mind) if i had been Obama, and at some time recognized that these people actually do think i am the Messiah, whether he did this consciously or subconsciously, folks that is setting up even a strong man for a huge fall. Think of others that have fallen from that point and how they ended up after their fall, because they will fall. Start with the Fuhrer. He was idolized like that. Stalin, Lenin, Castro, Kim, Mao, too, have likely been to that level. Can yall name any other Western leader that has had that kind of following, even briefly?

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/12/17/barbara-walters-obama-we-thought-he-was-going-be-next-messiah#ixzz2zFLcb3Yx

I can't decide if his-worship or Harry Reid are the biggest liars and least honorable men in the history of US politics. They are both certainly top 3.

yes but its not unreasonable to expect a certain level of honor from our Commander in Chief. Obama has lied so much that 81% of Americans polled believe he is a liar. I cant imagine anyone defending that but the left has not only embraced his lies but also seem damned proud of them. Sad state of affairs when sheeple defend him by saying "everyone lies"

I'm not excusing anyone in a position of trust that may lie-- I don't think Obama lies more than others, though. My point is, if responding to a poll question I would say almost anyone lies sometime-- so I don't find it shocking or surprising that 66% say he lies sometime. My question is what's up with the other 34%?

"so I don't find it shocking or surprising that 66% say he lies sometime. My question is what's up with the other 34%?"

What I find shocking is that Obama has been caught lying so much. Not just harmless lies but, lies on critical policy matters like an omnibus healthcare law that ultimately will affect every citizen and is completely illegitimate because it was sold on the basis of a litany of lies. Should I recap them for you?

"so I don't find it shocking or surprising that 66% say he lies sometime. My question is what's up with the other 34%?"

What I find shocking is that Obama has been caught lying so much. Not just harmless lies but, lies on critical policy matters like an omnibus healthcare law that ultimately will affect every citizen and is completely illegitimate because it was sold on the basis of a litany of lies. Should I recap them for you?

If you wish.

If you wish.

I really don't because it makes me sick to my stomach that we, the citizens, elected TWICE, a guy that has such a low regard for the truth. In fact he is so idealogically driven he willfully and shamelessly lies to ram his agenda down Americans' throat. It will cost his party dearly in the not so distant future and I truly hope will all my heart that all those democrat Senators up for reelection will heed his advice and run on that s***ty piece tyranny that he loves to call "the law of the land"

I hate even reading these things about liars in politics. Yeah - Obama had to lie to sale his healthcare crap and Lord knows what else, but it is far from just him. It is a problem with all of politics and it would be nice if we could actually demand better. As mentioned above - we did elect our current piece of crap twice - partly because he dodged the healthcare debate the entire second election and didnt have to lie until after he was elected.

WE NEED MORE PARTIES!!!! Make them sweat losing votes to more than one party and they will have to change. Any true American should want another party to challenge the POS parties we currently have.

Everybody does lie at sometime, but everybody is not the president of the United States talking to the American people on TV.........and telling the same lie over and over and over.

I can't decide if his-worship or Harry Reid are the biggest liars and least honorable men in the history of US politics. They are both certainly top 3.

Sigh. I keep having to bring this up.

If you honestly, really think that, I'd urge you to go look up Warren G. Harding, Alexander Hamilton, Boss Tweed, Edwin Edwards, Spiro Agnew, George Ryan...I mean, I could go on. There are democrats and republicans on that list, and each of them very crooked in their own ways, and I would argue all are way above anyone in the last 20 years.

Edit: Let me be clear - He's not been as forthcoming as everyone has hoped, and has been dishonest. He's no saint, and there have been many things that are very disappointing.

Not forthcoming is not synonymous with 252 lies. His lies have arguably had a more devastating impact than any President's in history. I mean his lies about O-Care alone are so egregious I don't know how he can show his face in public. 81% of Americans polled think he is a liar. I've been around for a minute but I have to tell you I sincerely do not recall a President's integrity being called into question to that extent ever before.

Not forthcoming is not synonymous with 252 lies. His lies have arguably had a more devastating impact than any President's in history. I mean his lies about O-Care alone are so egregious I don't know how he can show his face in public. 81% of Americans polled think he is a liar. I've been around for a minute but I have to tell you I sincerely do not recall a President's integrity being called into question to that extent ever before.

Obama has no integrity but he still manages to have a bunch of dumbass's that support him.

I think that it's the immediacy of him being in office that makes it seem like his integrity is being called into question more than any other president. I was not alive then, but Harding and Johnson were roundly reviled.

Here's a great wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_federal_political_scandals_in_the_United_States

It's pretty exhaustive and goes back to Zachary Taylor. Certainly not a great source, but it does have a large number of the scandals. I think it's more hyperbole to argue that Obama's lies have had a greater impact than any other president in history. We had a thread that this was discussed in, and I brought up Van Buren and Pierce as two presidents who had a direct hand in causing the Civil War. I'm not sure how what Obama's done (if we can nail down actual impacts, not just partisan opinions of programs) really compares to the country splitting in half, lining up, and shooting at each other for 4 years.

I think that it's the immediacy of him being in office that makes it seem like his integrity is being called into question more than any other president. I was not alive then, but Harding and Johnson were roundly reviled.

Here's a great wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia....e_United_States

It's pretty exhaustive and goes back to Zachary Taylor. Certainly not a great source, but it does have a large number of the scandals. I think it's more hyperbole to argue that Obama's lies have had a greater impact than any other president in history. We had a thread that this was discussed in, and I brought up Van Buren and Pierce as two presidents who had a direct hand in causing the Civil War. I'm not sure how what Obama's done (if we can nail down actual impacts, not just partisan opinions of programs) really compares to the country splitting in half, lining up, and shooting at each other for 4 years.

I don think the lies of those President affected EVER SINGLE citizen in the country. If you think this healthcare law wont affect every single citizen you're either kidding yourself or you're not in the loop on the reach of the law. I also would be willing to bet than not a one of those guys had polls show 81% of the citizens at their time thought they were liars. That dubious distinction belongs solely to yaboy barry

Auctoritas, it's not a matter of comparing with all other presidents. It's looking at the guy in the WH right now. The one who said he would do things differently. The one who said running up deficits and compounding the debt was a sin. The one who said his would be the most transparent administration ever. The fact is it's not even close. So dealing in moral equivalency to make it not seem so bad really doesn't get it. You are better than that.

Evidently in a secular world moral equivalency serves to justify lack of honor. As long as someone else acted dishonorably, its OK. My question is, how do you compare lying in the face of the citizens of the country to jam a law through today something that happened over a 100 years ago if you're not trying to make excuses or allowances for dishonor.

I think George Washington said it best:

Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.

George Washington

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/g/george_washington.html#PawXv2cvFPJhtRt9.99

Auctoritas, it's not a matter of comparing with all other presidents. It's looking at the guy in the WH right now. The one who said he would do things differently. The one who said running up deficits and compounding the debt was a sin. The one who said his would be the most transparent administration ever. The fact is it's not even close. So dealing in moral equivalency to make it not seem so bad really doesn't get it. You are better than that.

That is an entirely fair argument, and it's not one I'd even argue. I'd be the first to admit he came in and said he was going to be different. Hope and change, and all that. He's fallen miles shy of that goal. I won't rationalize it, but I think to a large part it was naivete. He'd not been there long enough to know about expediency. I voted for him twice, and he's not been entirely what I expected or wanted, and that's a shame.

That said, if people are going to make hyperbolic statements saying he's the most corrupt person ever in US politics, then it deserves perspective precisely because it's a comparison. I'll make my arguments on it, not really to try to change minds, but to make sure that when someone says that they know exactly what it is they are saying. I personally don't think that his lies will ever amount to the actual damage caused by something like the Civil War. Maybe in 100 years I will have been proven wrong, but as of right now the comparisons are borne not out of facts or analysis, they're borne out of anger and distaste.

The Civil War didn't affect everyone in the country? That's a decidedly odd view.

The Civil War didn't affect everyone in the country? That's a decidedly odd view.

Actually there were quite a few citizens whose lives were completely unaffected by the Civil war, in fact, the entire population west of Texas was totally unaffected.

Archived