2015 4* FB Chandler Cox commits to AU!

RunInRed

We've had nine drop off already. Normally one or two don't show up for fall practice but that's not a given. I'm surprised to hear that we're at the full 85 right now, but I don't have the time or inclination to verify that at the moment.

Link

Well then, I guess we won't be handing out any "courtesy" scholarships to former walkons in August. That's a good thing, though it was always a feel good story when a half-dozen got a scholarship for their last year. Gotta' take the bitter with the sweet!

I can't remember - when is your attrition cut off for your calculations? Something in my mind says it was start of camp.

I'm just trying to figure out how long I have to go down to AU and play hall monitor.

Runs August 1 through July 31. I picked that date because it's roughly the annual start of fall camp.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I saw today that Chandler Cox's brother is a starting LB for New Mexico. He is a Lobo! This should put Mr. Cox into some pretty good company on AUFamily.

Interesting, I saw today that Chandler Cox's brother is a starting LB for New Mexico. He is a Lobo! This should put Mr. Cox into some pretty good company on AUFamily.

No bubble bursting intended, but it's been discussed on here before! :) Golf was super excited!!!

No bubble bursting intended, but it's been discussed on here before! :) Golf was super excited!!!

Damn right I was........pass the beers

Cox is relentless in his recruiting for AU. He has tweeted to people that follow him, "Let's get Dre Francois to choose AU", There has been a pretty good response too. He is very active. Cox will be very popular at AU. He follows all of the AU sites including 247, and AUFAMILY.

CC does seem to have that "It's all about the team" mentality that so many recruits in this generation just don't have. His popularity may rival that of Heath, Lutz, and JP when they were leaving it all on the field with their teammates getting most of the glory. Looking forward to seeing this guy in orange and blue (AU style).

• 2 weeks later...

CC named a U.S Army All-American and will play in the game in San Antonio. So glad to have him, he's a good one to say the least. WDE!

He and Landon Rice are going to flatten some DB's, and both of them are able to make plays as well. I wish we had Chandler this year!

Chandler will be the leader of this class; not only by his ability on the field, but by his actions off the field….this kid is a WINNER….and he'll transform this to the program…..

Chandler will be the leader of this class; not only by his ability on the field, but by his actions off the field….this kid is a WINNER….and he'll transform this to the program…..

I tend to agree.

I tend to agree.

He will be a leader along with others, like Queen and Carr.

CC named a U.S Army All-American and will play in the game in San Antonio. So glad to have him, he's a good one to say the least. WDE!

Little know fact. CC playing in that game is the reason Martez Ivey chose that game instead of the Under Armour game.

Little know fact. CC playing in that game is the reason Martez Ivey chose that game instead of the Under Armour game.

This is true

This is true

Good to hear.

A little update on CC

There was a 3 day FCA full contact camp in Deland, Fl last Tuesday. Apopka had CC playing strong safety. He took over the a scrimmage against Vero Beach when he lit up a running back and a wide receiver with huge hits on consecutive plays. Later on he had a interception. CC actually started for Apopka at linebacker as a 9th grader. CC may play both sides of the ball this year full time and he loves to play defense. A direct quote from CC " I want to leave it all out there on the field with my teammates."

We got us a good one here folks.

A little update on CC

There was a 3 day FCA full contact camp in Deland, Fl last Tuesday. Apopka had CC playing strong safety. He took over the a scrimmage against Vero Beach when he lit up a running back and a wide receiver with huge hits on consecutive plays. Later on he had a interception. CC actually started for Apopka at linebacker as a 9th grader. CC may play both sides of the ball this year full time and he loves to play defense. A direct quote from CC " I want to leave it all out there on the field with my teammates."

:hellyeah:

A little update on CC

:thumbsup:

A little update on CC

Man when you started that story I really thought that CC had gotten injured

A little update on CC

:hellyeah:

Link?

I kid, I think he an TQ will make pretty good captains when their time comes.

If Cox plays fullback, I believe we'll see him run the ball...a lot more carries than Prosch had. This kid is a very good runner. And he is an excellent receiver, too. He's a lot more than a blocking back.

Archived