2015 4* FB Chandler Cox commits to AU!

RunInRed

If Cox plays fullback, I believe we'll see him run the ball...a lot more carries than Prosch had. This kid is a very good runner. And he is an excellent receiver, too. He's a lot more than a blocking back.

FB in a primarily blocking role is dying out at this point. Prosch was probably one of the last really good ones that we'll see for a while, with more teams looking for guys like Mike Tolbert for the Panthers. Fortunately, it seems like CC is athletic and versatile enough that he will be able to block well while still factoring into other facets of the game, and since it seems like we'll be more pass heavy in the future he'll probably have to be.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote: "seems like we'll be more pass heavy in the future..." My thinking is that we'll only be more pass heavy if the running game falls off badly.

Quote: "seems like we'll be more pass heavy in the future..." My thinking is that we'll only be more pass heavy if the running game falls off badly.

Hard to believe it will go any further than 50/50. I don't see us becoming an air raid offense with the skilled backfield talent and OL that we possess and recruit.

Hard to believe it will go any further than 50/50. I don't see us becoming an air raid offense with the skilled backfield talent and OL that we possess and recruit.

I think Gus will always favor the run. You control the game better if you run the ball well.

I think Gus will always favor the run. You control the game better if you run the ball well.

Virtually every interview I've heard Gus says he is a run first, power offense....so I guess unless the ground game get's stymied, he's going to run well more than 50%....though probably not always up to 70% as some suggest.

Virtually every interview I've heard Gus says he is a run first, power offense....so I guess unless the ground game get's stymied, he's going to run well more than 50%....though probably not always up to 70% as some suggest.

The goal for Gus going into most games is 65% run and 35% pass. However, Gus will run it more and control the tempo plus wear down the defense if that is working like it did last year.

I agree with your "control the game by running the ball" statement, but Gus will (and, historically, has) adjusted his offense to fit the roster.

Extreme examples:

2013 Auburn Total Offensive Stats: 501.4 Yds/Game, 173.0 Yds/Game Passing (34.5%), 328.4 Yds/Game Rushing (65.5%)

2008 Tulsa Total Offensive Stats: 569.9 Yds/Game, 301.9 Yds/Game Passing (53.0%), 268.0 Yds/Game Rushing (47.0%)

2007 Tulsa Total Offensive Stats: 543.9 Yds/Game, 371.0 Yds/Game Passing (68.2%), 172.9 Yds/Game Rushing (31.7%)

The goal for Gus going into most games is 65% run and 35% pass. However, Gus will run it more and control the tempo plus wear down the defense if that is working like it did last year.

His ideal is 60/40

I agree with your "control the game by running the ball" statement, but Gus will (and, historically, has) adjusted his offense to fit the roster.

Extreme examples:

2013 Auburn Total Offensive Stats: 501.4 Yds/Game, 173.0 Yds/Game Passing (34.5%), 328.4 Yds/Game Rushing (65.5%)

2008 Tulsa Total Offensive Stats: 569.9 Yds/Game, 301.9 Yds/Game Passing (53.0%), 268.0 Yds/Game Rushing (47.0%)

2007 Tulsa Total Offensive Stats: 543.9 Yds/Game, 371.0 Yds/Game Passing (68.2%), 172.9 Yds/Game Rushing (31.7%)

Play call % is a much better indicator than yard output %. With that said Gus has only passed more than ran the ball in 1 season, 2008. Every other year the play calls were 57% run or higher.

What makes Gus so good is he adjusts to fit what will work with the type player he has. The examples AUEngineer 2016 show the different extremes. Gus is wed to putting out the O that will give his team the best chance to win. That makes him a nightmare of opposing teams DC's.

So I'm hearing CC and Tez having a good time in Auburn.....................................

I'm just surprised you're hearing anything at your age, Golf.

So I'm hearing CC and Tez having a good time in Auburn.....................................

I'm just surprised you're hearing anything at your age, Golf.

jes now that's funny :-\

You can listen to the voices al you want, Golf. It's when you start talking back to the voices... Then you got a problem.

;D

Good to know. Thanks

I'm so Blessed!!

Btqdv1DCAAAeQHq.jpg

@ChandlerCox10

Yes, you are blessed! Blessed with enough talent to get and accept a scholarship offer to play college football for Auburn! That ts sweet! I understand you just had your 18th birthday too. Nice way to spend it at AU with your best friend and hopefully future college teammate Tez Ivey!

• 4 weeks later...

The more I see of this guy the more I like him. This kid is going to be a perfect fit at Auburn and in this offense. With or without Ivey we are lucky to have this kid.

Rock jawed kid.....prototype fullback look and attitude....nice that he's headed to AU

If you watch his film and highlights of his game this week, he has serious ball skills. More so than almost any FB I can think of. He plays a good bit of QB in their system. He is a serious athlete.

Well spoken, for a high school kid.

Now there's a comment guaranteed to cause you some trouble

Archived