2015 4* FB Chandler Cox commits to AU!

RunInRed

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Losing Parks has turned out to be a bigger blow to this team than I originally anticipated.

Yup. Too bad for him and the team he could not get his grades in order. If he had he was projected to be the startiing HB.

Mitchell did go through practice and made an impression with the team. Lashlee said "He's what, 215 pounds, and he'll hit the biggest guy on our team in the mouth as hard as he can and not back down," Lashlee said. "He's very athletic, can really fly and really good in space."

Despite his lanky build, Mitchell immediately made an impression.

"When we get in those hook-up drills with the defensive line, you honestly can't tell," Uzomah said. "No matter who they line him up against, he's not scared. He's fearless, and we kind of love that about him."

Imo only way he doesn't start next year is two ways. One he doesn't have the body type to carry weight well or two he's so valuable at being a receiver he plays that position. Also note they said he was good in space

I love CC but I don't see him playing much, as a freshmen, unless special teams or god forbid out of necessity. He will need lots of bulking up

Do we have anybody else that can block in space? Legit question.

Not that I know of but I did say he may play due to necessity. He will give 120% but he will just get killed if its early in the season

Can he carry another 20-30 pounds?

I love CC but I don't see him playing much, as a freshmen, unless special teams or god forbid out of necessity. He will need lots of bulking up

Not that I know of but I did say he may play due to necessity. He will give 120% but he will just get killed if its early in the season

I think 30 more pounds is not realistic for Cox. I am guessing 15 or so to keep his speed up.

imo yes around 20/25 unless he gets taller

CC had a great game last night. Rushed for 156 yards and 2 TD's and passed for another TD. Apopka beat J'ville First Coast 64-48 to advance to the semifinals to play against Bradenton Manatee.

First Coast was #1 in the Class 8A

My guess is he will redshirt, unless he is a special team phenom. Freshman fullbacks starting just don't happen that often, hope I am wrong because that would mean he is something very special

JMO, I think Cox will see the field next year on special teams. Desire is a big part of football. Cox is talented....but he has the desire too. He may need more size before is is a regular in the backfield, but not necessarily on special teams.

Kids feed off the kind of player chandler cox is. He is a leader and brings his lunch pale and hardhat to work everyday. Can't wait to see him

Just remember, JP was all-American as a true freshman at Illinois. it is possible. WDE

Possible, but wasn't he a converted OG and much bigger?

Hate to be the one to reply but likely no.. He played LB in high school and started 7 of 13 games at FB as a true frosh. LBs do not usually convert to OGs on offense. http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/prosch_jay00.html

Just remember, JP was all-American as a true freshman at Illinois. it is possible. WDE

Possible, but wasn't he a converted OG and much bigger?

Hate to be the one to reply but likely no.. He played LB in high school and started 7 of 13 games at FB as a true frosh. LBs do not usually convert to OGs on offense. http://www.fightingillini.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/prosch_jay00.html

Thanks. I remembered his primary position was something else- he did have about 20lbs on CC.

Seems like I heard CC say in an interview a few months ago that he was at 240. I don't think Chandler needs another 20 lbs to play.

actually, JP was a lineman until his senior year. that's why he didn't get much college consideration at LB, even though he had 150+ tackles his senior year. He was just a very versatile, athletic, and unselfish team player.

actually, JP was a lineman until his senior year. that's why he didn't get much college consideration at LB, even though he had 150+ tackles his senior year. He was just a very versatile, athletic, and unselfish team player.

What position was he?

You guys are saying this young man up for failure trying to make him Prosch

Don't think anybody is tryong to make CC Prosh. If they are then I'm missing it or misinterpretting it.We all know I've never done that before. :-\

Don't think anybody is tryong to make CC Prosh. If they are then I'm missing it or misinterpretting it.We all know I've never done that before. :-\

VfNmq8G.gif

Back to CC.....he is the heart and soul for the Apopka team. He is the one player that has never given up trying to get Apopka into the playoffs even after losing 3 games this year. After ever game he is the one the beat writers want to speak to

I'm just saying the high comparisons and expectations are usually what mess guys up, I'd hate to see that happen to this young man. I've seen some juco's come here and live up to them but more times than not I've seen it go the other way. But I'm just one guy on a message board....here's hoping he comes here and become a freshman all American his freshman year.

Don't think anybody is tryong to make CC Prosh. If they are then I'm missing it or misinterpretting it.We all know I've never done that before. :-\/>

What's your take on all the J Prosch talk in the thread then?

Archived