Arky game will be on the SEC Network @ 3 CT

ellitor

@FootballAU 3h

Season opener Aug. 30 vs Arkansas to be televised by @SECNetwork -- full details/formal announcement at later date #GetSECNetwork

The Auburn at Arkansas game on Aug. 30 is set for a 3 p.m. kickoff on the new SEC Network. The SEC Network, which will launch Aug. 14, will air a game featuring every football team in the SEC within the first four weeks of the 2014 season.
Link Info added in OP

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jojo1515

Wonder if that means it's an 11am game.

Im.assuming this is the new SEC network...could be any time. Not sure how the contract reads...

Roast Boss Hog in front of the entire nation. I like it!

Wonder if that means it's an 11am game.

I rather doubt it, considering that AU is coming off BCSNCG birth and playing against a team whose head coach has been spouting off at the mouth enough that it's sure to garner attention...

Just a guess, but I doubt they will go head to head with the other networks in their customary time slots.

They have announced already that during football season they will be airing an early game, and afternoon game and an evening game. Part of the contract takes the exclusivity window away from CBS that they held from 2:30-6 (roughly) and opens the door for any SEC game to air opposite the CBS game (not applicable the first week because cbs won't air a game opening weekend).

Here's what we know so far:

USCe vs. TAMU, Ole Miss vs.Boise, & Vandy vs. Temple all play on Thursday in the opening week. Tennessee plays on Sunday.

For Saturday, Alabama plays WVU at 2:30 on ABC. LSU vs. Wisconsin is on ESPN at 8:00. I imagine UGA/Clemson will again be covered in the prime time ABC spot. Other than all of these games, that leaves us with the following matchups:

AU/Arkansas

UF/Idaho

Miss St./Southern Miss

Mizzou/ South Dakota St.

Kentucky/UT-Martin

From this bottom slate of crappy games the AU game is the clear winner. Given the somewhat funky schedule during the first week, I don't know how the SEC Network will schedule. However, if they do stick to a morning, afternoon, and night game then I would say AU would pretty clearly be safe in avoiding the morning slot.

Roast Boss Hog in front of the entire nation. I like it!

We don't know for certain whether many of us in the southeast will have the SEC channel yet. My cable company has not signed up yet as far as I know and they are constantly in disputes with content providers about fees, etc. Guess I'm gonna wait and see what happens before I get too excited.

Just a guess, but I doubt they will go head to head with the other networks in their customary time slots.

They have announced already that during football season they will be airing an early game, and afternoon game and an evening game. Part of the contract takes the exclusivity window away from CBS that they held from 2:30-6 (roughly) and opens the door for any SEC game to air opposite the CBS game (not applicable the first week because cbs won't air a game opening weekend).

Plus the new network will have some #1 choices over CBS. Translation: AU will be on the SEC Network quite a bit so call your cable or TV company and demand the channel.

I imagine UGA/Clemson will again be covered in the prime time ABC spot.

FSU/Okie St at Arlington has that spot.

Just hoping my cable provider gets the SEC network.

Has anyone heard if SEC Network games will be available for streaming on ESPN3?

Pretty sure they're not so the SEC can get as many people as possiblt to demand the SECN.

I imagine UGA/Clemson will again be covered in the prime time ABC spot.

FSU/Okie St at Arlington has that spot.

Oh good point. I'm not sure the ACC would be too high on Clemson playing their opener on the SEC Network (not sure how those negotiations work) so I bet we're still in line for at least an afternoon game.

That sucks! Putting it on a pay to view network, when we're already paying for the other ESPN channels. How much more will it cost to watch Auburn play now that this SEC Net is on?

I have already been notified by DISH that they will have the SEC Network available....

I haven't gotten that notification. How much is it going to cost?

So we're going to have to pay extra to watch an sec conference game? WTF

Where have you been for the last 6 months when we had this discussion about having to pay extra for the SEC network? ESPN is not cheap and will get any money they can out of you. If you don't want to pay for the SEC network, go to someone's house or actually go to the game.

The e-mail that I received from Dish did not quote cost, but I guess it will be part of their "Total Sports package" which is $11.00 per month

Cable companies have to pay 1.20 or so per sec footprint viewer per month. So my guess would be 3-5$ more a month

Archived