Obama Delays Keystone.......Again

Proud Tiger

Obama has caved in to his ultra liberal envirionmentalists and delayed a decision on the Keystone pipeline. In essence he made a decision not to make a decision. He has now pissed off Canada and several prominent Dems,, even Barbara Boxer. This president is so disgusting he makes me puke.

Obama has caved in to his ultra liberal envirionmentalists and delayed a decision on the Keystone pipeline. In essence he made a decision not to make a decision. He has now pissed off Canada and several prominent Dems,, even Barbara Boxer. This president is so disgusting he makes me puke.

I saw a clip from a speech he made a year or two ago and he said the Keystone pipeline would only create 10 jobs. I cannot believe the things the guy is willing to say to have his way.

Are you sure that was Obama? I remember Van Jones of CNN said something like 35 jobs. http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/feb/10/van-jones/cnns-van-jones-says-keystone-pipeline-only-creates/

http://www.newsweek.com/state-department-keystone-xl-pipeline-would-only-create-35-permanent-jobs-228898

So...yeah. He's willing to use the report that was done.

That being said, I'd like to see the damn thing get done, regardless of the jobs claims. Honestly, use it as a bargaining chip to get something done.

it has been reported on several news outlets today it was Obama personally who delayed it again. The ball had been in his court. HE had to make a decision. He caved again. How can any man be so stupid.

Surely you can find somone better than Van Jones to quote, The pipeline woud create thousands of jobs by all estimates I have seen.

10 Democratic Senators requested that he decide soon on this issue. I guess they were cast aside.

Here's the not so hilarious part of all this (from an environmental point of view). The crude is currently being sent by rail and tractor trailer. Imagine the GHG that is being emitted by all that transportation?

it has been reported on several news outlets today it was Obama personally who delayed it again. The ball had been in his court. HE had to make a decision. He caved again. How can any man be so stupid.

Surely you can find somone better than Van Jones to quote, The pipeline woud create thousands of jobs by all estimates I have seen.

I didn't say I agreed with him, I was specifically addressing what Blue brought up. I'd not seen this speech, but remembered when it was a talking point. There's going to be several thousand construction jobs with it, but those jobs are not permanent.

Granted, construction jobs are NEVER permanent, so I think the whole argument is a silly one on both sides.

Again, I think he's making a political move with it - save it for when he needs to get something done and offer it as a trade in exchange for republican votes.

I didn't say I agreed with him, I was specifically addressing what Blue brought up. I'd not seen this speech, but remembered when it was a talking point. There's going to be several thousand construction jobs with it, but those jobs are not permanent.

Granted, construction jobs are NEVER permanent, so I think the whole argument is a silly one on both sides.

Again, I think he's making a political move with it - save it for when he needs to get something done and offer it as a trade in exchange for republican votes.

Pipelines have to be maintained. That mean jobs for people inspecting them and repairing them. Same goes for the pumping stations that push the oil through the lines. Also more jobs at the refineries where the oil will be processed. Those are permanent jobs.

Yes the pipeline construction jobs are temporary, but these jobs are "shovel ready" which is what this president said he wanted wanted 4 years ago............

The pipeline also passes through 5 right to work states, only Montana is not one.

10 Democratic Senators requested that he decide soon on this issue. I guess they were cast aside.

Here's the not so hilarious part of all this (from an environmental point of view). The crude is currently being sent by rail and tractor trailer. Imagine the GHG that is being emitted by all that transportation?

They also have truck wrecks and train derailments resulting in spills. Moving the oil by those means drives up the cost and also means those trucks and trains can't be used to move other products resulting in them being more expensive.

Aucto......so you agree he is playing politics with the country's energy needs? Nah he wouldn't do that. He always places country before politics. Didn't he take an oath to do that?

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Don't see anything about not playing politics. I was just pointing out strategy.

As for the jobs issue, I believe those maintenance jobs were covered in the GAO report that was referenced. I fully agree that there are shovel-ready jobs, but the assertion that they are not permanent is fully correct.

I'm not making a judgement about anything else other than the point about the construction jobs, so don't feel the need to start extrapolating my position. :)

Jones, Obama, who ever is claiming minimal jobs would result form the pipeline shows how ill informed these folks are on the matters of capitalism, economics and basic business sense.

Community agitators are all these folks are, and now how to do .

Aucto......so you agree he is playing politics with the country's energy needs? Nah he wouldn't do that. He always places country before politics. Didn't he take an oath to do that?

What makes you think this pipeline significantly addresses our energy needs?

What makes you think this pipeline significantly addresses our energy needs?

LOL. Well the oil is getting to the good USA NOW via railroad and truck. What is funny about the militant greenie environmental position is this. The pipeline emits virtually no carbon footprint but the rails and the trucks, well, you tell me. The irony is priceless. Being against the pipeline is like being FOR more carbon gases in the atmosphere. Call me crazy but, I thought all you leftie AGW environmental alarmists were against that? Inconsistency is the only consistent thing about progressive liberalism! If republicans are for it, progressives liberals are against it no matter how inconsistent that is with their agenda.

Archived