Will the SEC network turn into the "bama network"?

AU64

Watching promo and see that Finebaum will have a daily show at 2PM starting in August.

Does that mean we will have to buy a subscription to the SEC Network and then some of the money will go to pay his salary? :puke:

Watching promo and see that Finebaum will have a daily show at 2PM starting in August.

Does that mean we will have to buy a subscription to the SEC Network and then some of the money will go to pay his salary? :puke:/>

Oh My Gosh. NOOOOO!!!! I hope it's a total failure.

Don't you mean the REC Network?

Finebaum is actually a pretty savvy media personality. He will play to his audience. In B'ham, that was bammers. He mentioned in the interview that he will have to broaden the appeal of his show. But make no mistake, there will still be plenty of Bama butt-kissing.

I wish we could ban him from our campus. He's got Bama cooties and should not be allowed anywhere on our hallowed grounds!

I wonder if his Jerry Springer format is going to work on this new network...would ESPN put up with it?

You can bet your bottom dollar, there will be more coverage of bammer-than the rest of the sec. That's why I'm not getting it

Does that mean we will have to buy a subscription to the SEC Network and then some of the money will go to pay his salary? :puke:

I'm afraid this network will be a bama love fest. They are putting the wrong people on that network. ESPN is either clueless or really does love Bama above all others.

They want the SEC network to be on a sports tier. If you get the ESPN channels, BigTen network and PAC 12 network, you get it. Meaning you pay for it whether you watch it or not. So far only AT&T U-verse and Dish Network have picked it up.

I get ESPN channel, PAC 12, Big12 and will get the SEC Network in August. I also get the Longhorn Network, which has not be picked up by many cable systems.

And yes they will raise your cable fees after the fact hoping you do not notice the increase and associate it with the added expensive channels. They will throw in some cooking and jewelry channels to make you feel better about it.

I'm afraid this network will be a bama love fest. They are putting the wrong people on that network. ESPN is either clueless or really does love Bama above all others.

They want the SEC network to be on a sports tier. If you get the ESPN channels, BigTen network and PAC 12 network, you get it. Meaning you pay for it whether you watch it or not. So far only AT&T U-verse and Dish Network have picked it up.

I get ESPN channel, PAC 12, Big12 and will get the SEC Network in August. I also get the Longhorn Network, which has not be picked up by many cable systems.

And yes they will raise your cable fees after the fact hoping you do not notice the increase and associate it with the added expensive channels. They will throw in some cooking and jewelry channels to make you feel better about it.

Worse still, this apparently will be a three effin hour simulcast of his radio show and there is no way that the network will be able to keep the bammers from dominating the discussion. We've seen how al.com has become a sewer pipe of negative comments spewed by bammers in response to any Auburn news article. It is virtually impossible for serious Auburn fans to share opinions on articles that our beat writers post on that site because of a handful of bammers that just fill the "comments" section with their garbage.

Guess I'm hoping that NTY or some group representing AU will fight back on this.....and I'm a bit amazed that other major SEC schools are just rolling over the allowing this to happen....though maybe there is more going on than we know.

I haven't noticed very many other SEC schools that give a rip about PF and his garbage ~ he caters to the masses in this state.

He pretty much leaves the other SEC folks alone unless there's a Petrino/Nutt fiasco brewing, the constant soap-opera's at Arky are always good for a laugh or two. i.e. flying banners to oust Nutt/Bobby & blonde bombshell laying down the hog/Jawnell Smith clowning around/Big Bert and his antics. :popcorn:

I haven't noticed very many other SEC schools that give a rip about PF and his garbage ~ he caters to the masses in this state.

He pretty much leaves the other SEC folks alone unless there's a Petrino/Nutt fiasco brewing, the constant soap-opera's at Arky are always good for a laugh or two. i.e. flying banners to oust Nutt/Bobby & blonde bombshell laying down the hog/Jawnell Smith clowning around/Big Bert and his antics. :popcorn:

If he wants to stay on the SEC Network, he will expand his schtick. There's plenty of other pot-stirring to be done.

Piss on fineboob!

If he wants to stay on the SEC Network, he will expand his schtick. There's plenty of other pot-stirring to be done.

I'm not sure he will....there are just a lot more colorful idiots who follow bama and who don't have much else to do than call Pawl each day to let that get away. He already has what is supposed to be a national show and the few times I've checked in on it (Sirius radio) it sounded pretty much like the stuff he was pumping before he left the state. The SEC TV version is just going to be a simulcast so he probably won't change the show format from what he is doing on ESPN now.

As noted above, he can try to stir the pot to get some response from fans of other schools, but the bammers don't need much encouragement to call so I don't see much changing. As for me....I consider the 2-5 time slot each afternoon to be a good opportunity to give the TV a rest and play Words with Friends or something. :)

• 1 month later...

There is a small upside to F'bomb going national on ESPN radio. Now the rest of the country can hear for themselves what belliberent jerkwads bammers are. And they will get to know that it's virtually 100% of them.

I suspect that is more than a fraction to blame for the hatred the country developed for bama last season. Remember that even the Wall St Journal published a piece entitled, "Auburn, You're Our Only Hope".

In the long run it may be a good think for Auburn to have bammers thus exposed to everyone else finally. They don't have enough sense to rein themselves in or to know how to behave in public.

• 2 weeks later...

Like it or not, Bama will get a lot more air time than Auburn -- but not because of SEC Network bias. The SEC Network will cover all sports, not just football. Bama and other schools will get a lot more coverage than Auburn because of that.

Bama:

2 national championships in a row in Golf.

Gymnastics national finals every year

National champion Women's Tennis

Softball championship finals

Baseball regionals

Men's tennis national tournament

Soccer national tournament

Bama will be covered more than Auburn because they have an all-around strong athletics program -- not just football. Same with other SEC schools. Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, TA&M and other schools have strong overall athletic programs and will be covered a lot on SEC Network.

Meanwhile, Auburn is competitive in football and still competitive in swimming, although in decline, and ... well? Not much else. Equestrian, but that's not an NCAA recognized sport, so may or may not be covered.

People seem to have backed off on Jay Jacobs since he hired Gus, but the fact is, Auburn athletics is still not where it should be.

It will be 65% Bama, 25% Florida, 10% everybody else.

I was thinking more 40% Bama, 20% UF, 20% LSU, 20% everyone else

I saw a tweet today that Tim Brando will also be on the SEC Network. Is that old news or new news or par for the course?

• 1 month later...

Well, al.com seems to have answered my question that kicked off this topic a few months ago.

Opening day will feature a number of classic Bama games....well actually classic Bama wins since games like the Camback and Kick 6 will show up later though it takes a couple days before one of those Bama classics is a loss I think. But as expected, they are getting the network off to a good start since it's likely that bammers will dominate the viewership for the talk show part of their broadcasting anyway.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/first_day_of_sec_network_progr.html#incart_river

iirc all teams will be featured in those classic games. and after looking over the schedule those Bama games have terrible start times. how is that bias. we are getting the majority of positive pub from the media

For a "bigman", you sure use a SMALL font...............

lol, i dont know how that happened. i rarely use my laptop, but i posted that from my laptop. no idea what happened

The SEC network was created for investors to make money off a perceived demand/market. It's a money driven venture that will cater to it's (perceived) audience. That's simply capitalism 101. Bama paraphernalia sales tops SEC teams almost every year. In short, this network could very well become Bama top heavy with talking heads chosen to err on the side of the fan bases most likely to tune in regularly...and/or those that are most vocal. Of course that's not "unfair" or inappropriate. Private investors put their money where their mouths are.

lol, i dont know how that happened. i rarely use my laptop, but i posted that from my laptop. no idea what happened

Shrinkage. Your laptop go swimming?

Archived