alexava

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing but that its supposedly an ankle injury. I think we will find out after the game

It looked like a high ankle sprain. When you roll your ankle so that the outside of your foot touches the ground you get a regular ankle sprain. When you roll your ankle so that the inside of your foot touches the ground you get a high ankle sprain. In actuality, it's not your ankle at all, it's a strain of the anterior and posterior tibiofibular ligaments. These are the ligaments that give support and structure to the junction between your tarsals and tibia and fibula.

It looked like a high ankle sprain. When you roll your ankle so that the outside of your foot touches the ground you get a regular ankle sprain. When you roll your ankle so that the inside of your foot touches the ground you get a high ankle sprain. In actuality, it's not your ankle at all, it's a strain of the anterior and posterior tibiofibular ligaments. These are the ligaments that give support and structure to the junction between your tarsals and tibia and fibula.

:bs:

:poke:

So... english translation:

It isnt as bad as we first thought, though we are not entirely sure how lo g he will be out. We can count our blessings on this one. :) thanks bird

So... english translation:

It isnt as bad as we first thought, though we are not entirely sure how lo g he will be out. We can count our blessings on this one. :) thanks bird

High ankle sprains are bad news, unfortunately. Hope bird is wrong.

:no:

They can be more nagging than other sprains. When you see them pressing and feeling on the outside of the lower leg it usually means they are checking for a high ankle sprain. That's what it looked like they were doing to me.

I guess i feel like most anything is better than the acl tear most of us originally thought of

Im not a doctor, maybe someone here is, but isn't 3 1/2 months enough for even a really bad high ankle sprain to heal??

it all depends on the severity. I've seen some come back within a week or two and another that was out for months.

Im not a doctor, maybe someone here is, but isn't 3 1/2 months enough for even a really bad high ankle sprain to heal??

I've had a sprain take close to 6 months to fully heal.

Will we actually get the story? Seems this staff doesn't like to give only vague updates.

Will we actually get the story? Seems this staff doesn't like to give only vague updates.

Gus said he will probably be ok. What more could you want? :D

You probably won't hear anything more before you see him on the practice field this fall.

Archived