Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

CZv_KHDc_XEAA1_S05.jpg

NATE-CRAIG-MYERS-150.JPG

Nate Craig-Myers, WR

Tampa, FL (Tampa Catholic)

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 208 | 40: 4.62

- Recruiter: Dameyune Craig (P)

- Visited AU 7/18/14, 4/19/14 (A-Day)

- Picked up AU offer 1/20/14

- Previously committed to Auburn

In two seasons with the Pirates, the 6-foot-3, 200-pound receiver/defensive back has racked up more than 500 receiving yards, 41 tackles, four interceptions and 16 total touchdowns.

http://www.tampabay....catholic/19434/

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Cincinnati, Clemson, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Massachusetts, Miami (Fl), Michigan, Michigan State, NC State, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, UAB, UCF, UCLA, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 117, No. 16 WR)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN Jr 300 - No. 37, No. 2 WR)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 35, No. 3 WR)

Scout: 4* (Scout Rank - No. 52, No. 8 WR)

"If I had to choose a school today it would be Auburn," Craig said. "I was there for the spring game and just felt so much at home. I have built a great relationship already with the coaching staff. The atmosphere at the spring game was unbelievable and I loved what I saw from the offense, especially from the passing game and the wide receivers. They went deep on the first play of the game. They are not just a run team like they showed last year. Coach [Gus] Malzahn is a terrific coach."

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1398144.html

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Per Jamie Newberg Auburn still leads for Craig after coming off the A Day game high and he could commit soon.LINK

If I had to choose a school today it would be Auburn,” Craig said. “I was there for the spring game and just felt so much at home. I have built a great relationship already with the coaching staff. The atmosphere at the spring game was unbelievable and I loved what I saw from the offense, especially from the passing game and the wide receivers. They went deep on the first play of the game. They are not just a run team like they showed last year. Coach [Gus] Malzahn is a terrific coach.”

It’s not just the Tigers who Craig covets. He also stated that Ohio State was his No. 2 team while Clemson comes in at No. 3.

“I don’t mind leaving Florida,” Craig said. “I just want to find the right place for me.

Created a profile in the OP including highlights.

Per Jamie Newberg Auburn still leads for Craig after coming off the A Day game high and he could commit soon.LINK

If I had to choose a school today it would be Auburn,” Craig said. “I was there for the spring game and just felt so much at home. I have built a great relationship already with the coaching staff. The atmosphere at the spring game was unbelievable and I loved what I saw from the offense, especially from the passing game and the wide receivers. They went deep on the first play of the game. They are not just a run team like they showed last year. Coach [Gus] Malzahn is a terrific coach.”

It’s not just the Tigers who Craig covets. He also stated that Ohio State was his No. 2 team while Clemson comes in at No. 3.

“I don’t mind leaving Florida,” Craig said. “I just want to find the right place for me.

Created a profile in the OP including highlights.

E, thanks for the Post and the LINK. Good stuff.

Just watched the film. I did not realize how good Craig is. Watch the film, he could be Duke #2. Great size and speed for a Sophmore. I wish is did not have 2 years of HS left.

This kid loves us now and he hasn't even seen an entire season of what we can do with big time receivers like him. Sammie and Duke will sell him for sure if he hasn't committed by then.

FWIW I asked KK, who has a good eye for evaluating film, this

So what do you see in his film KK? the #18 WR as rated by 247 or the #! WR as rated by Scout?

His reply

#1....kid "plucks" the ball, which is damn near a lost art to most HS kids. He's also much bigger than he was last year and that will add to his possession WR attributes. He is a very polished route runner up and sets up his routes well but still could be better getting out of his breaks.

FWIW I asked KK, who has a good eye for evaluating film, this

So what do you see in his film KK? the #18 WR as rated by 247 or the #! WR as rated by Scout?

His reply

#1....kid "plucks" the ball, which is damn near a lost art to most HS kids. He's also much bigger than he was last year and that will add to his possession WR attributes. He is a very polished route runner up and sets up his routes well but still could be better getting out of his breaks.

Thank you for asking this. FWIW, KK is spot on about "plucking" the ball. I can't tell you the amount of times last season I saw our guys simply wait for the ball to come to them instead of going after the ball. I for one saw a TON of improvement between the BCSNCG and A-Day in this respect, and it showed in the highlight film, with Duke's TD on the fade, Sammie's 1 handed TD grab, Uzomah's flag route over the middle, and more. Coach Craig has got his guys going after the ball, and I love it!

Bama offered yesterday

Yea they did, but AU offered before yesterday and that is BIGGER. This kid will end up being one of the most highly offered kids in HS by the time he finishes school.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw on 247 that Craig is planning another trip to AU. I hope he comes and commits, esp if he still plans on committing this summer. This kid is a great one.

I saw on 247 that Craig is planning another trip to AU. I hope he comes and commits, esp if he still plans on committing this summer. This kid is a great one.

We're not in his top 3 ATM. We have work to do here. Or should I saw Sammy, Duke, and Co have work to do.

We're not in his top 3 ATM. We have work to do here. Or should I saw Sammy, Duke, and Co have work to do.

...and Nick, and Gus, and Rhett... but, yeah. I can't blame a single HS WR in the country for taking a wait and see approach.

• 3 weeks later...

Big time elite '16 WR visiting...

@NitroNate9: Auburn this weekend! #WarEagle

Yep! This kid is major and we are all over him.

OP updated to 5* after Nate's bump on 247.

You sure AU is not in his top 3?

I think we are, but I also think he is a FSU lean.

Archived