Former AU WR Nate Craig-Myers Transfers to Colorado St.

CameronCrazy

I'm as big a Sean White cheerleader as you'll find, but I never assume a player's job is safe. I hope Queen pushes him. That will mean the pantry is indeed stocked.

And with Barrett coming up behind them? It's not even fair as long as Gus is around and we keep up the recruiting on the OL.

Sean White is already quite a QB.. I hope he gets some good playing time this year. Out of HS, he was one of the most accurate QBs I have seen in a very long time. Reminds me of young Joe Montana in his release and accuracy.

He's got great feet, too. He's not going to be a "dual threat" QB but he is really good at avoiding pressure while keeping his eyes down field. And you're right, he's got a great release. Keeps the ball and his elbows up high. That- along with his measurables- is where he reminds me of Brees. (Nobody on this forum has ever said that he is or will be as good as Brees, but a bunch of folks are going to interpret it that way, just like they're going to think you said he's as good as Joe Montana. I hear what you're saying, though.)

Totally agree with you, I hope he gets tons of reps this year since he already used his redshirt. Experience is the only tool that he might lack going into 2016 or 2017, whichever year it ends up being (my money's on 2017- I don't see JJ going pro early).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm as big a Sean White cheerleader as you'll find, but I never assume a player's job is safe. I hope Queen pushes him. That will mean the pantry is indeed stocked.

And with Barrett coming up behind them? It's not even fair as long as Gus is around and we keep up the recruiting on the OL.

Sean White is already quite a QB.. I hope he gets some good playing time this year. Out of HS, he was one of the most accurate QBs I have seen in a very long time. Reminds me of young Joe Montana in his release and accuracy.

He's got great feet, too. He's not going to be a "dual threat" QB but he is really good at avoiding pressure while keeping his eyes down field. And you're right, he's got a great release. Keeps the ball and his elbows up high. That- along with his measurables- is where he reminds me of Brees. (Nobody on this forum has ever said that he is or will be as good as Brees, but a bunch of folks are going to interpret it that way, just like they're going to think you said he's as good as Joe Montana. I hear what you're saying, though.)

Totally agree with you, I hope he gets tons of reps this year since he already used his redshirt. Experience is the only tool that he might lack going into 2016 or 2017, whichever year it ends up being (my money's on 2017- I don't see JJ going pro early).

Sean spoke to the press after practice yesterday. He was great. He is very respectful and at the same time, he thinks he is ready for the field if he is needed. I hope he gets some meaningful PT this year as well.

Sean spoke to the press after practice yesterday. He was great. He is very respectful and at the same time, he thinks he is ready for the field if he is needed. I hope he gets some meaningful PT this year as well.

Would love for us to get enough of a lead to have him come in at the end of many games this season!

Would love for us to get enough of a lead to have him come in at the end of many games this season!

Good news is that we shouldn't have to wait past Week 2 to see at least a little bit of Sean. And neither will Nate Craig! That's right, I'm shamelessly straddling the threadjack fence.

Good news is that we shouldn't have to wait past Week 2 to see at least a little bit of Sean. And neither will Nate Craig! That's right, I'm shamelessly straddling the threadjack fence.

Now if only NCM would get off the fence and recommit to the good guys.

He's got great feet, too.

Stopped reading right here.

Sicko.

I like White a lot and do think that he will be the starter, but there will be a battle nonetheless, or at least it will be considered an open competition. Not a scenario like we had this year with Jeremy.

This. Tyler Queen has every bit of the talent necessary to push White, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us implement a two-QB system (a la Chris Leak and Tim Tebow at Florida, where White is the clear starter but Queen has a defined role on the field, as well) whenever JJ moves on to the next level.

He's got great feet, too.

Stopped reading right here.

Sicko.

Seen 'em?

Why are we still having a QB conversation in a recruiting thread for a WR??

Anything new on Myers after week 1 of the H.S. season?

Why are we still having a QB conversation in a recruiting thread for a WR??

Anything new on Myers after week 1 of the H.S. season?

Answered your own question.

I like White a lot and do think that he will be the starter, but there will be a battle nonetheless, or at least it will be considered an open competition. Not a scenario like we had this year with Jeremy.

This. Tyler Queen has every bit of the talent necessary to push White, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see us implement a two-QB system (a la Chris Leak and Tim Tebow at Florida, where White is the clear starter but Queen has a defined role on the field, as well) whenever JJ moves on to the next level.

Do as you like, but I prefer to reference Nix, Craig, and White when describing this kind of situation.

WDE!

Two QB system? Lol.

Two QB system? Lol.

Yeah sorry red but I hope your alone wishing for a 2 QB system. You can count on one hand how often that actually worked

Two QB system? Lol.

Yeah sorry red but I hope your alone wishing for a 2 QB system. You can count on one hand how often that actually worked

I'm not wishing for anything, just listing possibilities. You guys can scoff at the comparison all you like, or you can chastise me for not utilizing past Auburn QBs, but the point I was making is that if White is not so fleet of foot, then taking into account that Queen is listed at around 240 lbs maybe he would be used in a Tebow-like role the way Florida did in 06 (you know, when he would come in and be a fullback who could throw the ball every now and then?).

No, I'm off my rocker. Such a thing is laughable, and would never work.

Not chastising...just disagreeing man. 2 QBs can work but more often it's a sign that you don't have a QB. But misread your post. Thought you were hoping/predicting we use 2 QBs. It's certainly a possibility.

Not chastising...just disagreeing man. 2 QBs can work but more often it's a sign that you don't have a QB. But misread your post. Thought you were hoping/predicting we use 2 QBs. It's certainly a possibility.

Typically speaking, the only way I can see a 2 QB system working is when one is clearly defined as the starter, while the other has a clearly defined backup role. I have never been a fan of the way Spurrier liked to rotate QBs because it undermines the confidence of all involved, but when one is used as a change up, success is not nearly so hard to come by (in my opinion, at least).

Now, to be fair, IF we use a 2 quarterback system, THEN I hope we do so in the manner I described specifically because QBs especially need to know that the coaches have confidence in him, so it isn't difficult to see how that could have been misread.

Also, ftr, the chastising I was alluding to was Madtown Tiger (whom I have met personally, so don't think I hold ill will toward him either), because he mentioned Stan White, Pat Nix, and Dameyune Craig with regard to any 2-QB system that he would compare a potential one to in this situation.

We had JJ coming in cold to make throws occasionally in 2013. it worked. I don't see how 2 QBS coming into a competitive game is a bad idea either.

• 2 months later...

JJ did a better job when was Nick's back up QB. I just think JJ wasn't truly ready to be our starter this year.

I'm not following how this is linked to NC :dunno:/>

Your mistake was attempting to follow.

I love Auburn sunshine as much as anyone, but Treon Harris can play. Gus liked him for our offense. He'd be right in the mix with White and Queen as the heir apparent.

In our offense yes, but they are not going to properly use his skill set in UF's offense IMO. I personally think if they adapted the O to his skill set that he could be phenomenal, I love his talent. I personally am not very high on Queen at all, but I'm a huge fan of Woody coming in this class.

Queen looked very capable in the A-day game. Considering that he'd only been on campus four months, I think he's going to be a threat to take over. At least, White can't expect to come half-steppin' into the job.

Thanks Mikey for saying this. Queen looked great in the A day game especially for a freshman with very little time in this offense. He looked very confident in what he was doing while Sean looked like he was thinking too much and would have had several sacks. Queen threw a nice TD pass right on the money.

yeah but he did out against our defense.

Our third stringers at that.

Just saying

I love Auburn sunshine as much as anyone, but Treon Harris can play. Gus liked him for our offense. He'd be right in the mix with White and Queen as the heir apparent.

In our offense yes, but they are not going to properly use his skill set in UF's offense IMO. I personally think if they adapted the O to his skill set that he could be phenomenal, I love his talent. I personally am not very high on Queen at all, but I'm a huge fan of Woody coming in this class.

Queen looked very capable in the A-day game. Considering that he'd only been on campus four months, I think he's going to be a threat to take over. At least, White can't expect to come half-steppin' into the job.

Thanks Mikey for saying this. Queen looked great in the A day game especially for a freshman with very little time in this offense. He looked very confident in what he was doing while Sean looked like he was thinking too much and would have had several sacks. Queen threw a nice TD pass right on the money.

yeah but he did out against our defense.

Our third stringers at that.

Just saying

He played well with first team offensive grouping against defensive players including Mathews, Ford, Frost, Garrett, Swain, Lawrence, Cass, all on the field at the same time. These are the same guys sean played against all day amd queen looked better to me.

He made mistakes but I think he looked pretty good for a guy that just went to prom a week or two prior to the spring game

Archived