Future A-Day Idea

Weegle777

What I propose is this. We get a team like Notre Dame,Ohio State, USC, etc that would garner interest. We play a home/home for spring and fall a day game. We charge the 5$ entrance fee. We don't count the game as a win or loss, and we can still have the coaches on the field and play the backups etc. this way we still see a football game against live competition , we see what the players can do without increased threat of injury and see where deficiencies lie .

Not a chance. As was mentioned, it's a fun idea, and I'd rather see more of the first team vs. the first team and second team vs. the second team (which I think we will next year, as the defense starts getting caught up with the offense), but there's no way I'd want to turn A-Day into anything it isn't. My father and I both mentioned more than once how nice it was to be walking through a sea of nothing but orange and blue...that's a big deal, both to fans AND recruits.

I'm thinking there would also be NCAA issues. The spring game is just one of the 15 allowed practices. I don't know anything definitive, but I'm guessing there might be additional restrictions on involving another team.

This would be fun for the fans, but I don't know that there would be that much benefit to the team.

You're correct. There wouldn't be enough time to play an actual game under NCAA rules BUT we could always overthrow the NCAA and then start doing it.

Archived