Loran Carter

AUn Collierville

I'm saddened to hear that Loran Carter has passed away. My earliest memory of Auburn football includes Loran Carter, along with Mickey Zofko, Wallace Clark, "Rat" Riley, Connie Fredrick, Buddy McClinton, and Mike Kolen.

April 19, 2014

Loran Bert Carter Jr.

Mr. Loran Bert Carter Jr., 67, of Dalton, passed away suddenly Saturday, April 19, 2014.

He was the son of the late Bert and Maude Carter and was a 1964 graduate of Dalton High School and a 1969 graduate of Auburn University. He was the quarterback for the Dalton High Catamounts and also for the Auburn Tigers.

Loran is survived by his loving wife of 37 years, Patsy Carter of Dalton; children, David and Denise Duke of California, Kerry and Shane Adams of Dalton, Rebekah Carter of Dalton and Joshua Carter of Dalton; sister and brother-in-law, Katie and Delwn King of Hixson, Tenn.; grandchildren, Zeb Duke, Jackson Adams, Parker Adams and Tyler Adams; cousins.

Services will be Tuesday at 4 p.m. in the chapel of Love Funeral Home with the Rev. Billy Weatherford and the Rev. Randy Mayfield officiating. Loren’s Monday night prayer group will serve as honorary pallbearers.

Burial will be at West Hill Cemetery.

The family will receive friends at Love Funeral Home Monday from 5 to 8 p.m.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorials be made to WTTI Christian Broadcasting,

P.O. Box 216, Dalton, GA 30722-0216.

Words of comfort may be sent to the family at lovefuneralhomega.com.

Love Funeral Home, 1402 N. Thornton Ave., Dalton (across from Hamilton Medical Center), is in charge of arrangements.

Loran was the QB when I was at Auburn. IMHO no Auburn QB ever had a better touch on the deep ball. He was the start of a lot great memories.

Sad day.

Loran Carter to Mike Currier for 3 TDs against UT in 1968 at Legion Field, yes his deep passes were smooth. Deepest regrets to his family.

Little doc

Loran Carter to Mike Currier for 3 TDs against UT in 1968 at Legion Field, yes his deep passes were smooth. Deepest regrets to his family.

Little doc

Was there sitting under the upper decks eastside. Poor Mike got his knee busted out the next year playing at the end of a blow out

Sad news. I remember watching him play when I was in high school. And yes, his deep passes were a sight to behold. My prayers and sympathies to his family and friends.

Archived