Auburn promo for SEC Network

WarEagle84

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe there are people in this thread that aren't getting it.

AU didn't make this video, BSPN did, mkay?

I guess I'm the only one who likes it. I think it's a beautiful view of a tradition that is uniquely Auburn. People hear about the rolling tradition and I think this video displays it quite nicely. I think the song perfectly ties in the spirit of rolling the trees and walking around downtown Auburn on a Sunday morning after a big win. It is a beautiful morning when happens.

What would all have liked to have seen? I like ours much more than the other videos with people just chanting.

I'm with you. I loved it. Toomer's after the Iron Bowl? Oh, what a beautiful morning!

I thought the promo was excellent, and I really liked it. I thought it had a timeless quality to it, and captured what it was like to see Toomer's and the park through groggy eyes the next morning after a tremendous victory, and perhaps too much "spirit" the night before. I think the poor quality of the filming was intentional to give the spot the timeless feeling, just like all of our great traditions. As for the song, I thought it was perfect too, To me it truly conveys happiness and joy over a life event and I too also think it was a subtle jab at Alabama. At least I'm going to think so anyway. Regardless if you love it or hate it, we can all say War Eagle! at the end.

I believe there are people in this thread that aren't getting it.

AU didn't make this video, BSPN did, mkay?

This needs to be pointed out again, so I'm quoting it in my own comment.

Now, that having been said I kinda liked it. If it were an Auburn production, I would have been disappointed, because we all know the atmosphere can be electrifying. But for what it was, it was pretty cool. Just a reminder from ESPN that football season isn't too far away, and we're still reveling in a wonderful turnaround season (as a fan base, at least...the team doesn't have time to revel in anything right now, lol). This appeals both to Auburn fans AND to fans of other programs who remember our turnaround from one year to the next, and reminds them to make sure they get the SEC Network.

And that's what it boils down to: a marketing ploy. But, again, for what it was I thought it was pretty cool.

Do you think this promotion was affected by the various lawsuits about using images of players and former players without paying them for it?

For example, if they used video from last season...or say a Tiger Walk (which I would have loved) perhaps sometime in the future, ESPN might have some liability, whereas the video they produced does not have an identifiable person in it.

Just wondering?

I would have preferred they used the video of the fans on the field after this years iron bowl somehow in the video, but I guess CBS would have had a problem with it or something.

I guess I'm the only one who likes it. I think it's a beautiful view of a tradition that is uniquely Auburn. People hear about the rolling tradition and I think this video displays it quite nicely. I think the song perfectly ties in the spirit of rolling the trees and walking around downtown Auburn on a Sunday morning after a big win. It is a beautiful morning when happens.

What would all have liked to have seen? I like ours much more than the other videos with people just chanting.

I thought it was awesome. I'm a weirdo I guess but it was pretty smooth and that's our view of victory the next day with some classic soundtrack. Make people scratch their heads in wonder of, WHAT THE HELL MAKES AUBURN AND THEIR DAMNED TOILET PAPER SO GREAT!! Well played ESPN. Cool commercial.

I like it, especially after all the others. It's simple, subtle, unique... says with quiet confidence that it's a new day-- and quite a good one. Frankly, if I were another school's fan watching it, I'd feel both jealous and intimidated.

I'm with you...now that I've had a chance to look at it several times, these are the best three things about it...

1. It was taken after the AU-uat game last year (Kick-6!)
  2. It is one second longer than bammer's...for real
  3. The song is from the musical "Oklahoma!"...another artful dig

If I had to go with a fourth it would be its driving the bammers crazy.

Whoever the creative minds are that did this...they are brilliant! The subliminal messages are numerous! My hat is officially off to them in salute!

WAR EAGLE!

You guys hear about bammer's promo? It ended up being 1 second shorter than the other SEC schools' promos!

Well played, sir.

:bow:/> :bow:/> :bow:/>

What's even funnier....it's actually true! I think there is even an AL.com article about it!

Do you think this promotion was affected by the various lawsuits about using images of players and former players without paying them for it?

For example, if they used video from last season...or say a Tiger Walk (which I would have loved) perhaps sometime in the future, ESPN might have some liability, whereas the video they produced does not have an identifiable person in it.

Just wondering?

Just wondering?

SIAP, but no...Georgia used Hershel Walker in their film. Don't know if that applies here but I think it does.

I would have preferred they used the video of the fans on the field after this years iron bowl somehow in the video, but I guess CBS would have had a problem with it or something.

A school in West Vance and their fan base would have a major problem with that... :jossun:

If you haven't seen all 14 of the promos, they are all here: http://college-football.si.com/2014/04/22/espn-sec-network-launch-commercials/

I love the concept of ours, but am not sold on the song.

I also liked the Kentucky and Tennessee promos. I could see their fan bases really liking them.

Maybe it's just because I hate Bama, but I thought theirs was easily the worst.

The worst one was Missouri - just weird and didn't make any sense. I don't care for the song in our's, but I love the scenery and it shows the true AU passion for our traditions. I like OleMiss (the grove) and MSU's and some of the others.

Guest jojo1515

The real question...will the network air on charter? I suppose we will have to wait til July or August to find out..

http://www.sbnation....n=articlebottom

Look at Thuggas promo.

They had to go all the way back to the Herschel Walker years to find a hilite worthy of the promo...

It must just suck to be them.

If you live in the heart of UGA's fanbase, like myself, you'll soon realize that it will never suck to be a Bulldawg. They not only worship Mark Richt, but could go 0-11 and still love Mark Richt with their whole hearts.

http://www.sbnation....n=articlebottom

Look at Thuggas promo.

They had to go all the way back to the Herschel Walker years to find a hilite worthy of the promo...

It must just suck to be them.

And the bama promo went back 30 years to resurrect a bear. I don't understand their obsession with houndstooth either. Most of the iconic photos I've seen of him, he's wearing a plaid hat.

I liked the Auburn promo. I really liked the MSU one. I didn't love the UT one because I thought it could have been any number of teams with a fight song. I liked the LSU one. I thought Bama's was pretty cool. It was the unwashed redneck version of filming fans with Pat Dye's "wrestle with them angels" playing in the background, right?

I thought UK's could've been cool but wasn't. Same for Ole Miss. South Carolina's was the most generic, and predictably, Vandy had little to offer.

Archived