Fulse lead candidate to replace Prosch

RunInRed

There is a frontrunner for one of the three offensive personnel holes Auburn has to fill this offseason.

Brandon Fulse has emerged as the leader at the H-back position, left vacant from the departure of Jay Prosch.

"I think right now Brandon Fulse would be a little bit ahead of everybody at the true 3-back position," Auburn tight end and special teams coach Scott Fountain said during a speaking engagement at the Lower Alabama Auburn Club's annual meeting Thursday evening at the Andalusia Country Club.

http://www.montgomer...prosch/8131983/

Gus mentioned a little about Fulse and Uzomah both tonight in Cullman. I think Uzomah will be utilized more as a receiver than Fulse. Both bring a lot to the field.

Fulse probably stays ahead of Batten since he's a far better catcher. Not as reminiscent of Prosch as Batten is, but we're passing more and no reason not to have another passing threat.

If this was last season mid year, Batten would probably start imo

Fulse probably stays ahead of Batten since he's a far better catcher. Not as reminiscent of Prosch as Batten is, but we're passing more and no reason not to have another passing threat.

I don't think Batten starts over Fulse. Fulse is a great blocker, better than he gets credit for. Remember in the natty game on nick Marshall's TD run, he ran to Fulse's side. Fulse always lined up with prosch. Did batten ever play last year?

I don't think Batten starts over Fulse. Fulse is a great blocker, better than he gets credit for. Remember in the natty game on nick Marshall's TD run, he ran to Fulse's side. Fulse always lined up with prosch. Did batten ever play last year?

The linked article in the op says Batten played about 60 snaps backing up Prosch.

It must be offseason. We find the strangest things to debate.

The linked article in the op says Batten played about 60 snaps backing up Prosch.

It must be offseason. We find the strangest things to debate.

Gotta pass the time somehow. The best BBQ recipe was in the email. Not sure if you got it.

Last year Batten was a solid No. 2 (Backup) at FB. Then the No. 1 graduates and immediately Batten becomes No. 4. Strange, but I'm sure GB understands that is just the way things are. He will still give 110% on scout team or wherever he ends up.

I called every one of Nicks runs by Fulse's motion before the snap. He did a good job giving Marshall enough of a block to get outside. What was surprising was it seemed FSU never picked up on it or maybe they did and couldn't stop it. Either way, FSU had a solid defense and Fulse did a nice job blocking them so we should be good.

Batten was the backup because Fulse and others were working at other positions. Once Prosch left, they tried a bunch if guys at his spot. Makes sense to me. Fulse is now primarily an HBack instead of a TE or Y-Receiver.

Archived