Who is the next commit?

bikeriderga

It's been pretty quiet lately along the recruiting trail... Anyone "in the know" have any info? Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up by bumping this thread!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's been pretty quiet lately along the recruiting trail... Anyone "in the know" have any info? Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up by bumping this thread!

go to WDEWDE's post page. 90% of the in the know info posted on AUF is posted by him.

Don't know of any one who is ready to pull the trigger here in the near future.

After Florida's lacklustre performance against Kentucky and the shellacking they will take from Bama next Saturday, might be J Holland. Muschamp is seriously on the hot seat and a less than 7 win season will probably mean he is gone!

You could see the Florida coaches during the overtime thinking they'd be fired after losing to Kentucky. Seriously looked like dead men walking. Will be very interesting to see whether they succumb to the pressure.

Next commit? I'm guessing Ivey.

You could see the Florida coaches during the overtime thinking they'd be fired after losing to Kentucky. Seriously looked like dead men walking. Will be very interesting to see whether they succumb to the pressure.

Ivey is a good guess, but I think he is going to stretch it out until near the end of the season, or All Star games. I think he is AU bound, but just going to ride the media train.

Holland on the other hand, could have a limited opportunity to commit, depending upon what the coaches feel Williams is going to do. If he continues to string us along, AU will not pull the commit, but will ramp up efforts not to be left out waiting for a wavering commit either.

After Florida's lacklustre performance against Kentucky and the shellacking they will take from Bama next Saturday, might be J Holland. Muschamp is seriously on the hot seat and a less than 7 win season will probably mean he is gone!

It would be best if he did just enough to keep his job. A new coach sometimes revitalizes the state program in the short run and gets kids like Holland and Ivey to stay home.

Ivey is a good guess, but I think he is going to stretch it out until near the end of the season, or All Star games. I think he is AU bound, but just going to ride the media train.

Holland on the other hand, could have a limited opportunity to commit, depending upon what the coaches feel Williams is going to do. If he continues to string us along, AU will not pull the commit, but will ramp up efforts not to be left out waiting for a wavering commit either.

As things stand now Ivey's plan is November. Holland has said many times he will not commit til after all his OVs, likely commit in December.

I hope Florida and Georgia win just enough games for their head coaches to keep their jobs so they keep their mitts off our staff. My guess on the next commits are Swain, Ivey, in that order.

I thought the same thing

It would be best if he did just enough to keep his job. A new coach sometimes revitalizes the state program in the short run and gets kids like Holland and Ivey to stay home.

Totally agree with this. If Will is fired you can bet Jeremy Foley will bring in a home run hire that could put some spark back in the gator program. Much like Gus did when he came to AU last year and brought his all star staff.

Totally agree with this. If Will is fired you can bet Jeremy Foley will bring in a home run hire that could put some spark back in the gator program. Much like Gus did when he came to AU last year and brought his all star staff.

I would guess last nights game did nothing to help the FL coach. 3 overtimes at home against KY. The alum's are not happy.

I would guess last nights game did nothing to help the FL coach. 3 overtimes at home against KY. The alum's are not happy.

Yep, and Florida has a schedule that might even be tougher than ours. Bama, LSU, FSU, UGA, USCe, and Mizzou all look like probable losses at this point, which means dropping the Tennessee game could keep them from bowling for a second straight year.

Canuck, would you please share why you dislike Ellis so much?? I'm really curious to know. Is it performance related? You don't like his scheme? Don't like the way he looks?? I can see not loving the results so far but I'm at a loss as to why you are so against him. He may have not done great to date but it would be hard to argue that he has done exceptionally poorly either...

Canuck, would you please share why you dislike Ellis so much?? I'm really curious to know. Is it performance related? You don't like his scheme? Don't like the way he looks?? I can see not loving the results so far but I'm at a loss as to why you are so against him. He may have not done great to date but it would be hard to argue that he has done exceptionally poorly either...

Oh, don't worry, canuck's going to argue exactly that anyway. No amount of evidence or reason is going to put a dent in it. Have a good laugh about it, it's about all you can do.

Well if we don't finish better than 12th in the SEC in D again + former Auburn DC wizard Muschamp's cut loose by UF... :brickwall:/>

If Auburn's defense and Florida's team continue to struggle, it is definitely a possibility... . For now, I will refrain from posting whether I like or dislike it.

• 3 weeks later...

OK back to next commit,

I wager it will be Maurice Swain

3 star DT Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

I agree Swain may commit this weekend. I wish it were Ivey though.

OK back to next commit,

That will happen, patience...

Gonna say Swain, but could be a 2016 as well. Rochester is close IYAM...

OK back to next commit,

Well. Dixie I would say I want Ivey more than any other we are going after in this class, but if we get a commit from Rochester soon, this would be a grand slam!. He is my favorite 2016 recruit because we need D lineman bad.

OK back to next commit,

Well. Dixie I would say I want Ivey more than any other we are going after in this class, but if we get a commit from Rochester soon, this would be a grand slam!. He is my favorite 2016 recruit because we need D lineman bad.

Swain's a DL, right? :dunno:

Archived