2016 5* QB Shea Patterson (Ole Miss commit)

ellitor

4_1337472.jpg

Shreveport, LA (Calvary Baptist Academy): Originally from Hidalgo, TX (transferred his Soph year)

Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 180

Committed to Arizona

Other early offers from AU, Rebs, Bama, Cal, Clemson, and TCU

Soph Stats: 138/223, 62%, 2655 yards, 34 TDs, 4 INTs, 241 rush yards, 3 TDs

Second half of season highlights

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to be rethinking the Arizona pledge judging by his spike in visits lately. Also just noticed that even though he's only a sophomore (will be a junior in the fall), he committed almost a year and a half ago (Dec 2012).

Seems to be rethinking the Arizona pledge judging by his spike in visits lately. Also just noticed that even though he's only a sophomore (will be a junior in the fall), he committed almost a year and a half ago (Dec 2012).

He committed during his freshman year. How bout that! I think we might have a chance. His film is very impressive. Good runner and great thrower.

Yeah, need to keep an eye on this one. Seems like he could really roll in the Gus Bus system. He seems to have it all.

• 2 months later...

Well, heard some bad news here. I know this is E's farorite QB target for next year. Kid is crazy good. Anyway, he is currently committed to Arizona, mainly because his brother is on staff their. I just saw that LSU has hired his brother to come work with them. Bad news, I am afraid.

Well, heard some bad news here. I know this is E's farorite QB target for next year. Kid is crazy good. Anyway, he is currently committed to Arizona, mainly because his brother is on staff their. I just saw that LSU has hired his brother to come work with them. Bad news, I am afraid.

That's only half of it. LSU finally gave Shea a scholly offer the same day they hired his bro.

Well know soon if we get Dre and if we are going to take Lamar. If we don't and stay with just TQ, we can press for a '16 QB. Sounds likes Gaines is ready, but Pass may be higher on the board.

Well know soon if we get Dre and if we are going to take Lamar. If we don't and stay with just TQ, we can press for a '16 QB. Sounds likes Gaines is ready, but Pass may be higher on the board.

You all know I'm a huge fan of Pass, but if Gaines is ready I'm all for taking him. He's very good.

You all know I'm a huge fan of Pass, but if Gaines is ready I'm all for taking him. He's very good.

This is all personal opinions so don't get mad. I do not think Gaines is close to ready. His motion is not the best and he throws the ball up too high in the air on long throws. It is up for grabs. This does not mean he can't be great after a few years, but IMO, he needs a lot of work. Most HS kids need some work. I would personally put Pass ahead of Gaines at this point.

This is all personal opinions so don't get mad. I do not think Gaines is close to ready. His motion is not the best and he throws the ball up too high in the air on long throws. It is up for grabs. This does not mean he can't be great after a few years, but IMO, he needs a lot of work. Most HS kids need some work. I would personally put Pass ahead of Gaines at this point.

While I agree, his potential is high and he's 16 years old. He's got plenty of time just like Pass does. He didn't get a 4 star rating for no reason right?

While I agree, his potential is high and he's 16 years old. He's got plenty of time just like Pass does. He didn't get a 4 star rating for no reason right?

Right, there are 4 star kids and then there may be better 4 star kids and there may be other 5 star kids. I hope a 5 star wants to come our way.

We're taking 1 in 2016 regardless. The question is will we take 2 in 2016? I we only take 1 in 2015 then we likely take 2 in 2016.

Along with Pass, Shea and Mcllwain are believed to be higher on AU's board as well than X.

We're taking 1 in 2016 regardless. The question is will we take 2 in 2016? I we only take 1 in 2015 then we likely take 2 in 2016.

Along with Pass, Shea and Mcllwain are believed to be higher on AU's board as well than X.

I'm told Shea is #1. Other than that I'm not sure. All of the QB's we are on in 2016 have performed well enough at AU's camp to get offers. Just which one is AU going to get.

I'm told Shea is #1. Other than that I'm not sure. All of the QB's we are on in 2016 have performed well enough at AU's camp to get offers. Just which one is AU going to get.

WDE, many of us are thinking Shea will be a huge stretch for us now that LSU has hired his brother away from Arizona. Do you know we are still in this? I would have to think LSU has pretty much tried to buy him by hiring his brother away from the school he was committed to.

I would love to watch really sign at least one 5 * QB who'll be able to step up and be ready to take control right away.

I would love to watch really sign at least one 5 * QB who'll be able to step up and be ready to take control right away.

4 ever, would be nice, but we have already seen what JJ could do last year and it was impressive. I understand that Sean White has been really impressive since he has been at school too.

WDE, many of us are thinking Shea will be a huge stretch for us now that LSU has hired his brother away from Arizona. Do you know we are still in this? I would have to think LSU has pretty much tried to buy him by hiring his brother away from the school he was committed to.

The AU coaches think they have a legit shot at Shea. He is a perfect fit in Gus's offense and Shea knows this. LSU, not so sure how he fits in. LSU did sign Harris last year.

LSU, not so sure how he fits in. LSU did sign Harris last year.

So what? We signed White last year. He fits in perfectly well at LSU and they will continue to be a very strong threat with Cameron at OC and his NFL pedigree.

Our QB situation is in good hands for years to come and will continue to be as long as Gus is here. Every QB will have the opportunity to start every year, the reality of it happening is up to how hard each one of them continues to work on the field, in the classroom and as a team leader, Gus has made this very clear.

LSU, not so sure how he fits in. LSU did sign Harris last year.

So what? We signed White last year. He fits in perfectly well at LSU and they will continue to be a very strong threat with Cameron at OC and his NFL pedigree.

So what? He was just stating things that could steer Shea towards AU, even with Shea having family at LSU.

He was just stating things that could steer Shea towards AU

If Harris would "steer" him away from LSU then you can only assume that White would have the same effect at Auburn. Its a pointless thing to bring up because all of these top-tier SEC schools are signing a top QB every year anyway.

Archived