2016 5* QB Shea Patterson (Ole Miss commit)

ellitor

Our QB situation is in good hands for years to come and will continue to be as long as Gus is here. Every QB will have the opportunity to start every year, the reality of it happening is up to how hard each one of them continues to work on the field, in the classroom and as a team leader, Gus has made this very clear.

Respectfully disagree some. All those are important but the biggest factor will be who develops the best on the field in terms of decision making, ball placement on throws, and most important to Gus limiting tuenovers.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does 24/7 usually post a visit months before it happens? They posted that SP UOVd ND for the MU game on Sept 9, 2014.

http://247sports.com...Patterson-27311

Just depends on the sports writer that did the interview. Alot of that is managed by team reporters instead of national guys.

Does 24/7 usually post a visit months before it happens? They posted that SP UOVd ND for the MU game on Sept 9, 2014.

http://247sports.com...Patterson-27311

Just depends on the sports writer that did the interview. Alot of that is managed by team reporters instead of national guys.

Ok. I just haven't seen them post a visit before it even happened much less months before it happens.

Our QB situation is in good hands for years to come and will continue to be as long as Gus is here. Every QB will have the opportunity to start every year, the reality of it happening is up to how hard each one of them continues to work on the field, in the classroom and as a team leader, Gus has made this very clear.

Respectfully disagree some. All those are important but the biggest factor will be who develops the best on the field in terms of decision making, ball placement on throws, and most important to Gus limiting tuenovers.

agreed, just simplified what it means to be on the field thanks for elaborating.

It weill be interesting to see how really open Shea is to schools outside of LSU. It will take a mega effort to get him, I think.

LSU didnt hire his brother to be "Offensive Quality Control" for nothing. I know that doesnt set anything in stone, but LSU seems to be the one's chiseling on the tablets. This kind of stuff plays out all the time with a number of different schools across the nation. Even Gus was rumored to have got his start for a certain QB recruit. Just so happens the coach worked out better than the QB recruit.

LSU didnt hire his brother to be "Offensive Quality Control" for nothing. I know that doesnt set anything in stone, but LSU seems to be the one's chiseling on the tablets. This kind of stuff plays out all the time with a number of different schools across the nation. Even Gus was rumored to have got his start for a certain QB recruit. Just so happens the coach worked out better than the QB recruit.

What are the chance the 2017 kid Bentley goes anywhere but AU? Especially if his dad is still on the AU staff. SP is IMO an LSU lock. I have a feeling that we will be ok without him though. War Eagle.

LSU, not so sure how he fits in. LSU did sign Harris last year.

So what? We signed White last year. He fits in perfectly well at LSU and they will continue to be a very strong threat with Cameron at OC and his NFL pedigree.

Point is, LSU signed a daul-threat QB and what happens with Harris will have an impact with Shea. Cameron does not run a wide open offense which is Shea's strength. Of course I wouldn't expect you to get this.

He was just stating things that could steer Shea towards AU

If Harris would "steer" him away from LSU then you can only assume that White would have the same effect at Auburn. Its a pointless thing to bring up because all of these top-tier SEC schools are signing a top QB every year anyway.

Harris isn't going to steer Shea away from LSU. LSU not having a OC that runs a wide open offense might. Going to be intresting to see what LSU does with Harris.

agreed, just simplified what it means to be on the field thanks for elaborating.

I was sincerely disagreeing some my friend. For example, J-Wall works as hard if not harder than anybody but will not play due to Nick and JJ are miles ahead in the attributes I listed above. He simply does not have their talent no matter how much harder he works at it.

What are the chance the 2017 kid Bentley goes anywhere but AU?

Way too early to tell. He still has to develop and prove to Gus that he will be the best QB for AU when he graduates. That will not be easy coming off 2 knee injuries and surgeries.

• 4 weeks later...

http://auburn.247spo...-visit-30547946

Five-star 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson of Shreveport (La.) Calvary Baptist Academy spoke to Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee on Sunday night, and sources tell us those conversations went well.

AUC has learned Patterson likely will attend an Auburn game this fall, probably when the Tigers play host to LSU.

Patterson is the No. 3 pro-style quarterback and No. 25 overall prospect for 2016 in the 247Sports Composite.

He recently de-committed from Arizona. The Crystal Ball currently favors LSU, where his brother recently landed a job on staff.

Also this free from Keith

LSU already has a highly rated QB on board for 2016 in Felipe Franks. Doubt they could grab both, based on my intel. Likely would be one or the other in the end.

Five-star 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson of Shreveport (La.) Calvary Baptist Academy spoke to Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee on Sunday night, and sources tell us those conversations went well.

AUC has learned Patterson likely will attend an Auburn game this fall, probably when the Tigers play host to LSU.

Patterson is the No. 3 pro-style quarterback and No. 25 overall prospect for 2016 in the 247Sports Composite.

He recently de-committed from Arizona. The Crystal Ball currently favors LSU, where his brother recently landed a job on staff.

LSU already has a highly rated QB on board for 2016 in Felipe Franks. Doubt they could grab both, based on my intel. Likely would be one or the other in the end.

I'm tell you guys that AU is very much in the hunt for Patterson.

I'm tell you guys that AU is very much in the hunt for Patterson.

He is my favorite QB in this class. I just hope LSU keeps their current QB commit and Patterson stays open to AU. Patterson has a great film.

• 2 months later...

Unofficial visit to Ole Miss this weekend, which will still be an opportunity to see our offense in person. Hopefully we put on a show.

http://insider.espn....l/post?id=60751

edit: link added

Making his 3rd unofficial visit to Ole Miss sounds like they are the front runner for his services.

• 3 months later...

Sean Patterson (5* QB Shea Patterson's older brother) is no longer a Grad Assistant at LSU. He is expected to take a job at Ole Miss. I'd expect Patterson to commit to Ole Miss by the Spring.

It would be sweet if we get either Shea Patterson or Jawon Pass who's 6-5, 225.

Looks like ole miss and louisville for them but it's early

I read Shea has a current top 3 of Ole Miss, LSU and USC.

I would like to know what the 2016 AU QB board is from 1 to 4. If Shea is 1, we have some serious work to do.

Archived