2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

It seems more like the UAT coach played the kid and being young and impressionable he fell for it. I understand waiting on giving him another committable offer. But if coaches really wanted him I think they would give him a second chance. Maybe the reason for no second chance is they think they can do better. This is my opinion just from reading others comments including those who don't want to give the kid a second chance.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe the kid would place AU at the top of his list if he did not think he had a chance to re-commit in the future, if given the offer.

Yeah that's pretty emotional.

That's what I'm saying.

Well I'm glad we got that settled.

Marshall may end up at AU but at this time I would not put money on it. Things can/may change down the road

I think it's okay for coaches and fans to get angry or emotional about it. I don't think a kid that plays the game and intentionally makes a school look bad or a kid that gets taken as a sucker is a horrible kid, but there have definitely been times when I've hoped dudes would not end up at Auburn based on the way they handled the recruiting process.

I'm not sure where I fall on Marshall. If he convinces the coaches and they decide to take him, great. Lesson learned. If they remain cold to him, I'm good with that too. These guys work too hard and have too much on the line for me to blame them if they just move on from a potential headache.

So the way I see it, he committed to Auburn, went to Big Cat, went to Bama, then decommitted on Twitter. Some say he never had a comittable offer from Bama, some say he did. Some say he no longer has a commitabe offer from Auburn, some still say the coaches want him bad. The way I see it, if he had a commitable offer from Bama, he would have jumped on it. I can't gauge our coaches' interest in him, but they are clearly in no rush to take him back, and probably won't unless we miss out on the rest of our targets. Now he's going around releasing a top five every time he wakes up, and I personally think it's to create interest. Maybe he still wants Auburn, but by saying Ole Miss is on top, he's saying "Hey Gus, I'm finding a new date to the prom. You might be losing me, so if you want me, you better step it up." I'm not sure he really likes Ole Miss that much, but if Auburn and Bama won't take him, maybe that's who he's willing to settle for. Anyway, to anyone who's read my novella, care to opine?

Some of the comments about Marshall are ridiculous. I think many of you have forgotten how swayable you were when you were in high school. These kids face enormous pressure from various schools and we should give them some grace knowing that they may make poor decisions in the process. What we should be focusing on is not his decommitment but whether he has a strong character and will be able to contribute if he signs with us. That said, I am fine conditioning his potential future commitment on him affirming that the recruiting process is over, or even holding off on a firm offer until February...when the recruiting process comes to a completion.

You think it is ridiculous that Marshall and uat played AU? The AU coaches don't.

From what little I hear, this is indeed the case. Marshall may be on the day before signing day fall back list, but I'm thinking he not even on that one. He said his lifelong dream is to play at Tuskaloser, let him walk on over there.

• 4 weeks later...

Says Ole Miss is #1 on his list now. Are we still cool on him or do we want him again.

Says Ole Miss is #1 on his list now. Are we still cool on him or do we want him again.

Slow-playing at this point. Feel good about others but he'd commit if we ended up needing him.

• 2 weeks later...

Subsequently clarified that he dropped places he'd already been several times from his officials list.

I personally don't believe anything this kid says lol

Subsequently clarified that he dropped places he'd already been several times from his officials list.

Yeah, there's a grain of salt that I take with his announcements, too.

I don't think I've ever seen a 3* recruit put out so many tweets on his status. He must think he is a...?

I don't think I've ever seen a 3* recruit put out so many tweets on his status. He must think he is a...?

Not interested in anything this one has to say.

Ahh, yes, coming back to me now...

• 1 month later...

Per his twitter David Marshall is committing tomorrow.

Recent intel suggests he will get back on the Gus Bus.

Good. I'm sorry that some fans seem so egregiously inconvenienced by his having had trouble making a huge decision for himself, but I'd be glad for him to come back if our coaches want him.

If he can play....open arms. And if he can play early I'll personally curse out whoever has something to say about him

If he can play....open arms. And if he can play early I'll personally curse out whoever has something to say about him

I'll bite. I don't think he plays early. Feel free to curse me out if I'm wrong.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way but wasn't this the guy that was changing his top 5 almost weekly or was that someone else I am thinking about?

Per his twitter David Marshall is committing tomorrow.

Recent intel suggests he will get back on the Gus Bus.

Good. I'm sorry that some fans seem so egregiously inconvenienced by his having had trouble making a huge decision for himself, but I'd be glad for him to come back if our coaches want him.

It can't be that hard to make a decision when your top two, Bama and Ole Piss, don't want you.

He is a position of need and he is talented. Some of our fans have forgotten what it was like to be 17 or 18. Even though I am an old man now I remember that at that age I didn't always act like a mature Adult. It is part of the growing up process. If he signs with us I wish him a War Eagle and a fruitful career at Auburn

I'll bite. I don't think he plays early. Feel free to curse me out if I'm wrong.

Think you misread my post lol. But no my brother I'm not going to curse you out

Archived