2017 4* QB Jake Bentley

JFDTiger80

Now that dad is gone I expect it will be hard to get him back here....but guess you never know.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that dad is gone I expect it will be hard to get him back here....but guess you never know.

??

Dad ain't gone...

My Bad....upstate South Carolina paper had him coming back to the state for a job at Clemson....talked like it was a done deal...but apparently not.

http://southcarolina.247sports.com/Board/44/Contents/bobby-bentley-resigns-at-auburn-33419212

He's a very good offensive coach...

I found a short profile on a Jake Bentley going to Opelika high but he's 2017 QB recruit

• Sign in to personalize

6-4, 210 | Class of 2017

Rivals made Jake a 4 star Pro Style QB for the 2017 class today. Great for him.

Gus wants CBB here, and IYAM, he makes the jump to an on-field position sooner, rather than later.

I'm really shocked this has not happened already.

Doesn't someone have to leave in order to make Bentley an on the field coach?

I

Gus wants CBB here, and IYAM, he makes the jump to an on-field position sooner, rather than later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lashley move on within the next year or two.

I

He will eventually. I'd expect it after next season or after 2016. He's a commodity.

I

Not the coach I was thinking but I do agree with his.

• 1 month later...

Jake had a very good Spring game a couple nights ago versus a Park Crossing team that will be good in a year or so. He completed 20-of-33 passes for 276 yards and four touchdowns in 3 quarters.

Jake had a very good Spring game a couple nights ago versus a Park Crossing team that will be good in a year or so. He completed 20-of-33 passes for 276 yards and four touchdowns in 3 quarters.

That Park Crossing team is pretty good now. I watched Jalen Harris play them last year and they've definitely got some talent in the secondary.

Lots of great options at QB in 2017. LOTS.

Jake is getting a lot of notice now. Receiving invites to the all star games and starting to pile up offers.

Jake was a very good high school QB before he got injured two seasons ago. His dad is a hell of a coach in his own right and I expect Jake to be a 5* before it's all said and done.

That Park Crossing team is pretty good now. I watched Jalen Harris play them last year and they've definitely got some talent in the secondary.

They missed the playoffs in 6A in a fairly overall weak region so not really good yet. When I say good I mean challenge Carver for the region title in a year or so.

They missed the playoffs in 6A in a fairly overall weak region so not really good yet. When I say good I mean challenge Carver for the region title in a year or so.

They did beat Carver LY in their inaugural season correct? With no Senior on the roster?

They did beat Carver LY in their inaugural season correct? With no Senior on the roster?

Yes but you got to balance that with not making the playoffs in an overall weak region. They were not good but showed promise.

I don't think they have to finish ahead of Carver just to prove that they're "pretty good". Carver is churning out 5*s every year and is one of the top programs in the state. Park Crossing is in year 2? of its program and, from the game I saw, has some athletes and potential. They have a safety who looks like he'll play in college and multiple DL and LBs that our incoming 3* tight end couldn't block all night. Not saying they're one of the top teams in the state, just that they looked "pretty good".

All of that to say, if Bentley had a strong game against their secondary, I take that to mean he's doing pretty well.

I don't think they have to finish ahead of Carver just to prove that they're "pretty good". Carver is churning out 5*s every year and is one of the top programs in the state. Park Crossing is in year 2? of its program and, from the game I saw, has some athletes and potential. They have a safety who looks like he'll play in college and multiple DL and LBs that our incoming 3* tight end couldn't block all night. Not saying they're one of the top teams in the state, just that they looked "pretty good".

In the games you saw yes. But the overall body of work, not making the playoffs in a weak region, is empiracal evidence that overall they were not pretty good last season. The Carver win (who btw was the only quality team in that region) says they have a lot of promise & will be good sooner rather than later. I actually think they will finish 2nd in that region in 2015.

Archived