2014 Schedule

Randman5000

Here is next year's schedule:

image.jpg

With away games at Miss St an under rated team, Ole Miss on the rise, trips to UGA, Bama and K State it going to be a hard fought battle tested year. Luckily we start off with an SEC opponent that is winnable, and get LSU, USC and a down TAMU at home where we will need the home field advantage against those teams. Just need to win the West next year with a shot to win the SEC. IF we can get into the top 4 next year…we have another shot. Schedule is tough though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seven home games is nice. Hopefully I can get tickets to one A&M or USCe would be nice. I think the mississsippi teams will be the key. They are both on the rise and road games, but if we win those then all we have to do to win the west would be win 2 out of three against bama, uga, and lsu.

Everybody says the schedule is tough but it's the same as every other year. Ok, GA and bama on the road. Well last year we had LSU and A&M on the road, arguably two tougher places to play than Athens and turdtown. SC replaces Tenn, that's a bit harder. K State rather than Wash St...same.

The Miss teams a re always 'under rated and up and coming' and almost always we beat them no matter where we play.

Yes it is a tough schedule, but no tougher than every other year. No tougher than last year.

K State will be tougher than Wazzu was because it's on the road, on Thursday night, and they return a lot of depth.

K State will be tougher than Wazzu was because it's on the road, on Thursday night, and they return a lot of depth.

Not to mention they have what some consider the best WR in the country in Tyler Lockett. I expect him to make a few plays against us. Hope we can limit the damage he does.

Since the 2014 season in only 4 months away, the 2014 schedule should is old news to everyone.

Exactly, it is four months away. That's why we are talking about it. Want to contribute?

If we can tangibly improve on defense (many threads on this), become a little more balanced on offense (many threads on this), and avoid Uga's/uf's injury curse (maybe the biggest concern).... a lot of if's. But if we can, I almost don't care what the schedule is. It's more about us then who and where we play -(especially with all the top sec qb's leaving). I honestly think we might be that good.

Not to mention they have what some consider the best WR in the country in Tyler Lockett. I expect him to make a few plays against us. Hope we can limit the damage he does.

Hopefully Catl Lawson will keep the QB on his back so he can't thow to TL.

If we can get past KState on the road, they very well may lose only one other game this season: Okie.

Do they play Okie State?

KSU was 8-4 last season. They play at Oklahoma and at Baylor next season, which were both losses for them last year. They also play at WVU. They get Texas and Oklahoma State at home. They always have a lot of turnover, because they rely so heavily on JUCO players. They lost some offensive linemen and their best RB, and on defense they lost both CBs and a safety, plus their All-Big12 LB and two starters on the DL. So it's hard to tell how good they'll be, but I'm just not seeing hoiw they will slow down the Auburn offense.

Since the 2014 season in only 4 months away, the 2014 schedule should is old news to everyone.

Seeing as how the season starts in late AUGUST of THIS year, that makes it CURRENT NEWS not old news, moron.

Exactly, it is four months away. That's why we are talking about it. Want to contribute?

Have you read this guy's posts? He never contributes to anything. He just posts random stupid crap over and over.

Seeing as how the season starts in late AUGUST of THIS year, that makes it CURRENT NEWS not old news, moron.

Have you read this guy's posts? He never contributes to anything. He just posts random stupid crap over and over.

What's up with the hostility?

KSU was 8-4 last season. They play at Oklahoma and at Baylor next season, which were both losses for them last year. They also play at WVU. They get Texas and Oklahoma State at home. They always have a lot of turnover, because they rely so heavily on JUCO players. They lost some offensive linemen and their best RB, and on defense they lost both CBs and a safety, plus their All-Big12 LB and two starters on the DL. So it's hard to tell how good they'll be, but I'm just not seeing hoiw they will slow down the Auburn offense.

My primary concerns for the K-State game is if the secondary can contain Lockett, and contain Waters when he's forced to scramble. Even with those questions, I still expect no less than a 17-point win favor of AU.

Color me worried if this were a road game in September of last season.

The miss st game is one that kind of stands out to me. Normally a tough game...they also return lots of starters and a pretty good qb for next year. I think our playmakers will be the difference.

Everybody says the schedule is tough but it's the same as every other year. Ok, GA and bama on the road. Well last year we had LSU and A&M on the road, arguably two tougher places to play than Athens and turdtown. SC replaces Tenn, that's a bit harder. K State rather than Wash St...same.

The Miss teams a re always 'under rated and up and coming' and almost always we beat them no matter where we play.

Yes it is a tough schedule, but no tougher than every other year. No tougher than last year.

Good point.

Regardless, KSU is a great match-up. New era. The tougher the schedule the better.

The miss st game is one that kind of stands out to me. Normally a tough game...they also return lots of starters and a pretty good qb for next year. I think our playmakers will be the difference.

I agree, they will be tough. They will put up some points but I'm not expecting a shoot out. Not their style and I don't think their defense is good enough. The way auburn runs their offense, one three and out by the opponent can end up being very demoralizing. I could easily imagine a 42-21 game.

I agree, they will be tough. They will put up some points but I'm not expecting a shoot out. Not their style and I don't think their defense is good enough. The way auburn runs their offense, one three and out by the opponent can end up being very demoralizing. I could easily imagine a 42-21 game.

I agree. I think they're historically tough for us because we always play them early in the year. We've been working out the kinks in a new offense- or sometimes not working out anything- against MSU every season for the last 6 years. This season, the early date shouldn't favor their defense like it so often has.

I agree about Prescott and have concern about giving up some points, especially early, but we should be forcing them to pass a lot more than they want to by late in the 3rd quarter.

I agree. I think they're historically tough for us because we always play them early in the year. We've been working out the kinks in a new offense- or sometimes not working out anything- against MSU every season for the last 6 years. This season, the early date shouldn't favor their defense like it so often has.

I agree about Prescott and have concern about giving up some points, especially early, but we should be forcing them to pass a lot more than they want to by late in the 3rd quarter.

Their D line is really talented, we will need to be on our game for sure or it could get a lot tighter than we want.

This years schedule is way tougher than last year IMO.

Breakdown time!!!.

2014 2013

Arkansas Wash ST

San Jose ST. Ark ST.

@Kansas ST

La Tech Miss ST

LSU @LSU

@Miss ST Ol miss

So. Car West Carolina

@Ol Miss @TX A&M

TX A&M FL Atlantic

@UGA @Arky

Samford @Tenn

@bama UGA

bama

Sorry for the poor format above. Missed the dang LA Tech game and don't want to go back and retype it all. But onto the meat and potatoes of my post...

Comparable games:

Wash ST. vs Kansas ST - Kansas St. in a land slide. We play KSU away and on a Thursday night game. We beat arky to open the season we'll be top ten and Manhatten will be rocking on Thursday night. Not to mention KSU finished last year extremely strong and return a bunch of players. Bill Snyder is a heck of a coach and they will be ready to play.

San Jose ST vs Arky ST. - I'm just going to call this a push. Were i too look deeper i'd expect to find San Jose ST to be a bit tougher of a game. But arky st. looked awfully scary coming in to AU last year so they had some pretty good hype

La Tech vs Fl atlantic - Edge to La Tech by a good bit. They won 8-9 games last year but we should handle them.

Samford vs Western Carolina - push....

Tenn 13 vs So. Car 14 - Slight edge to So Car 14. We had to travel to Tenn last year but i say So Car is a good bit better than Tenn. Plus we are the only SEC team that Spurrier has yet to beat since being at So Car (I love this fact!) So don't be surprised if we are circled on their calenders. They'll be replacing some talent though so South Carolina will be a bit of a wild card early in the season.

Arky 14 vs Arky 13 - Tough call because we get them at home this year, but i give the edge to arky 14 being the tougher game. First game of the season and they're second year in Berts system which means they should be some help them out. They played some good ball at the end of last year so i'm curious to see if that carries over to this year.

Miss ST 14 vs Mss St 13 - Miss ST 14 by a landslide. Its away and they bring back a lot of players. They also bring back a QB that shredded our defense last year. Hopefully we'll be better this year knowing what is coming, but regardless they'll be better this year than last.

LSU 14 vs LSU13 - LSU 13 was much tougher IMO. We get them at home this year and they are breaking in a new QB.

Ol Miss 14 vs. Ol Miss 13 - Ol Miss 14 will be much tougher. We play at their place and they are returning a bunch of players. They will be breaking in a new QB though so that will help us out.

TX A&M 14 vs TX A&M 13 - The 14 contest will be much easier than the 13 contest. They lose a LOT from last years team and we get them at home. Would love to get a little payback for the whipping they put on us last time we hosted them!

UGA 14 vs UGA 13 - Hard call really. They lose Aaron Murray but we have to play at their house. But the home vs away thing doesn't hold much water in this series. You would think they're defense would have to be better than last year but first year in a new scheme may give them problems. Coin flip IMO as to which matchup would be tougher.

bama 14 vs bama 13 - I'm going to go slightly out on a limb and say this bama team will be weaker than last years. They'll have to break in a new QB and will be replacing several key members of the defense. Yeah they have good players coming in but losing experience always hurts. Plus we own them in T-town! They will be good no doubt but not as good as last year.

So the games themselves will be tougher in 14 than in 13 but also look at how the schedule lines up. Last year the schedule set up well where we always got a break between tough games. Either due to an open date or a weaker opponent. In 14 we play South Carolina, Ol Miss, TX A&M, and UGA in consecutive weeks late in the season. How well our guys hold up from game to game during that gaunlet will greatly determine how each game goes. We are still thin at key positions on D so if players start going down that could be a problem with no time to get them healthy again.

This years schedule is way tougher than last year IMO.

Breakdown time!!!.

2014 2013

Arkansas Wash ST

San Jose ST. Ark ST.

@Kansas ST

La Tech Miss ST

LSU @LSU

@Miss ST Ol miss

So. Car West Carolina

@Ol Miss @TX A&M

TX A&M FL Atlantic

@UGA @Arky

Samford @Tenn

@bama UGA

bama

Sorry for the poor format above. Missed the dang LA Tech game and don't want to go back and retype it all. But onto the meat and potatoes of my post...

Comparable games:

Wash ST. vs Kansas ST - Kansas St. in a land slide. We play KSU away and on a Thursday night game. We beat arky to open the season we'll be top ten and Manhatten will be rocking on Thursday night. Not to mention KSU finished last year extremely strong and return a bunch of players. Bill Snyder is a heck of a coach and they will be ready to play.

San Jose ST vs Arky ST. - I'm just going to call this a push. Were i too look deeper i'd expect to find San Jose ST to be a bit tougher of a game. But arky st. looked awfully scary coming in to AU last year so they had some pretty good hype

La Tech vs Fl atlantic - Edge to La Tech by a good bit. They won 8-9 games last year but we should handle them.

Samford vs Western Carolina - push....

Tenn 13 vs So. Car 14 - Slight edge to So Car 14. We had to travel to Tenn last year but i say So Car is a good bit better than Tenn. Plus we are the only SEC team that Spurrier has yet to beat since being at So Car (I love this fact!) So don't be surprised if we are circled on their calenders. They'll be replacing some talent though so South Carolina will be a bit of a wild card early in the season.

Arky 14 vs Arky 13 - Tough call because we get them at home this year, but i give the edge to arky 14 being the tougher game. First game of the season and they're second year in Berts system which means they should be some help them out. They played some good ball at the end of last year so i'm curious to see if that carries over to this year.

Miss ST 14 vs Mss St 13 - Miss ST 14 by a landslide. Its away and they bring back a lot of players. They also bring back a QB that shredded our defense last year. Hopefully we'll be better this year knowing what is coming, but regardless they'll be better this year than last.

LSU 14 vs LSU13 - LSU 13 was much tougher IMO. We get them at home this year and they are breaking in a new QB.

Ol Miss 14 vs. Ol Miss 13 - Ol Miss 14 will be much tougher. We play at their place and they are returning a bunch of players. They will be breaking in a new QB though so that will help us out.

TX A&M 14 vs TX A&M 13 - The 14 contest will be much easier than the 13 contest. They lose a LOT from last years team and we get them at home. Would love to get a little payback for the whipping they put on us last time we hosted them!

UGA 14 vs UGA 13 - Hard call really. They lose Aaron Murray but we have to play at their house. But the home vs away thing doesn't hold much water in this series. You would think they're defense would have to be better than last year but first year in a new scheme may give them problems. Coin flip IMO as to which matchup would be tougher.

bama 14 vs bama 13 - I'm going to go slightly out on a limb and say this bama team will be weaker than last years. They'll have to break in a new QB and will be replacing several key members of the defense. Yeah they have good players coming in but losing experience always hurts. Plus we own them in T-town! They will be good no doubt but not as good as last year.

So the games themselves will be tougher in 14 than in 13 but also look at how the schedule lines up. Last year the schedule set up well where we always got a break between tough games. Either due to an open date or a weaker opponent. In 14 we play South Carolina, Ol Miss, TX A&M, and UGA in consecutive weeks late in the season. How well our guys hold up from game to game during that gaunlet will greatly determine how each game goes. We are still thin at key positions on D so if players start going down that could be a problem with no time to get them healthy again.

One tweak...Bo Wallace is a senior this year

I am not sure we will go undefeated this year. But, I think if we get to the SEC championship game (which we definitely can), we will have a great shot of making the 4 team playoff. I hope we go undefeated; I think we can. I just think that it isn't too likely.

I am not sure we will go undefeated this year. But, I think if we get to the SEC championship game (which we definitely can), we will have a great shot of making the 4 team playoff. I hope we go undefeated; I think we can. I just think that it isn't too likely.

Unless they have 2 losses, the SEC champion is almost guaranteed a spot in the playoff. Depending on how many 1-loss teams there are and who they've played, a 2-loss SEC champ would have a decent shot at making the playoff. If you have two or more 1-loss SEC teams, odds are there will be a second SEC team in the playoff.

Agree with you that undefeated is a hard row to hoe this year. We definitely have the talent to make that happen, but will need a few bounces to go our way again. It will be fun to watch.

Archived