2014 Players Leaving (Updated: 7/20/15)

WarEagleAU

Bryan Matthews ‏@BMattAU

Former Auburn WR Dominic Walker posts on social media that he's transferred to a junior college http://rvls.co/15zIDNm

Damn. That must be why we made a strong push for two more WRs.

yeah and after hearing he had a strong bowl practice.

I believe we flipped him from Texas A&M back then.

There is definitely room for a WR to step up and compete for playing time so this is curious.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker was supposed to be the best part of that 2013 receiving class was he not? Sad to see him go in any case, gives me a feeling that Jason Smith/Torrance Gibson are likely gonna be playing WR

I believe you are referring to Tony Stevens as the highlight to the WR class that year. Him and Walker attended the same high school in Orlando.

There is definitely room for a WR to step up and compete for playing time so this is curious.

I don't find it all that curious. He was here two years and never made it into a rotation that includes five or six guys. If I were in his shoes and wanted to play football I'd transfer too.

I don't find it all that curious. He was here two years and never made it into a rotation that includes five or six guys. If I were in his shoes and wanted to play football I'd transfer too.

What is curious is he is going to a JUCO...maybe a year to get academics in order and then back to Div 1. If so, hope it works out.

New coaches, renewed dedication by the staff...kids assessing the incoming recruits and where they stand in the coaches' future plans...some deciding they best opportunities are elsewhere...pretty much normal I guess.

Walker has already redshirted one year. If he goes straight to another D-1 school he'll have to sit out another year. At JUCO he can play immediately. Since he can't play D-1 this year anyway he might as well go where he can play. I think that's what I'd do.

Walker was supposed to be the best part of that 2013 receiving class was he not? Sad to see him go in any case, gives me a feeling that Jason Smith/Torrance Gibson are likely gonna be playing WR

I haven't ever seen anybody refer to him as that

not so to me, there are seniors and other guys leaving and so less competition. Just new freshman. It would have been his turn next year. If he had a good spring ball. And reports were out of bowl practice is that he stood out.

That's why I find it curious. Wondering if something happened

I don't see where people think be would get his playing time at

You don't see it, I don't see it and apparently Walker didn't see playing time coming his way either.

You don't see it, I don't see it and apparently Walker didn't see playing time coming his way either.

I figured that after 2 years at AU he would have been beyond JUCO coursework...but maybe not. Someone likely helped him figure it all out ....and this was the time to make the decision....good luck to him.

Walker has already redshirted one year. If he goes straight to another D-1 school he'll have to sit out another year. At JUCO he can play immediately. Since he can't play D-1 this year anyway he might as well go where he can play. I think that's what I'd do.

yeah that makes sense. He could go to an FCS school and play immediately.

maybe so. Don't disagree.

I'll look for the article, but I read it leading up to bowl prep.

just that he stood out and could make an impact next spring.

Just had hope that one of our guys from that class would fill a role that we need.

he had the frame.obviously didn't pan out

So what about Stanton Truitt, is he likely to leave soon too or what

Truitt won't leave. Before he got hurt, in just a small part of one season he'd already had more playing time than Walker got in two years. Truitt can help the team and himself here, Walker couldn't.

Some of these guys are just borderline between maybe being a role player/depth at a Power 5 school vs. USF, GA Southern type kids.

I hope they do well. I enjoy following kids even after they go elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gus mentioned that he was going to talk about "other guys" than Swain once spring practice starts. Not sure whether he was referring only to Hutchinson or whether we'll hear about more.

Archived