JUCO Recruits

ronau57

3* QB Todd Mays - one-time Arkansas State commit under Gus Malzahn; East Mississippi CC

5* RB Jovon Robinson - Auburn commit; Georgia Military College

4* WR Jason Smith - Auburn commit; Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

3* WR Earnest Robinson - one-time Auburn commit (not committed right now); East Mississippi CC

3* TE Arshad Jackson - one-time Auburn commit (not committed right now); Northeast Mississippi CC

4* OL Quinteze Williams - former teammate with AU OL Will Adams & WR BJ Trimble at Sandy Creek HS; Hutchinson CC

3* OL Shaquille Powell - Georgia Military College

3* OL Martinas Rankin - Mississippi Gulf Coast

4* DT D.J. Jones - Top target; East Mississippi CC

3* DT Demond Tucker - former teammate with Xavier Dampeer at Copiah-Lincoln CC

4* DE Marquavius Lewis - Top target; Hutchinson CC

3* DE Jonathan Calvin - former teammate with Xavier Dampeer at Copiah-Lincoln CC

3* DE Jeremiah Ledbetter - brother of Jonathan Ledbetter; Hutchinson CC

3* DE Ulric Jones - former teammate with AU RB Roc Thomas at Oxford HS; Butler CC

4* CB Tony Bridges - Auburn commit; Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

3* S Justin Evans - Texas A&M commit; Mississippi Gulf Coast CC

3* S Makail Grace - Garden City CC

What's the skinny on 4* DE Marquavius Lewis? Do we have a good chance?

Lewis is 6'4" and over 270 pds. He is not skinny. JK. 247 has 10 crystal balls for Lewis, all to USCe.

Guys Ulric Jones is a beast. 6ft 5 decent speed great attitude and a high end motor that doesn't quit. Committed to Miss St but had to go jucco. I think he we be a take

• 2 months later...

Honestly, we need a JUCO DL/DE in the worst way next year and this is the worst year for JUCO's in quite some time. Jones, while a good player, isn't a game changer like Lambert "appears" to be. Even Calvin looked like nothing more than a good second teamer that could provide some depth.

At this point, I wish we'd stear clear of DL/DE JUCO's and leave those scholarships open hopefully for some D1 transfers during the season and offseason.

Honestly, we need a JUCO DL/DE in the worst way next year and this is the worst year for JUCO's in quite some time. Jones, while a good player, isn't a game changer like Lambert "appears" to be. Even Calvin looked like nothing more than a good second teamer that could provide some depth.

At this point, I wish we'd stear clear of DL/DE JUCO's and leave those scholarships open hopefully for some D1 transfers during the season and offseason.

Never mind D-1 transfers, as we speak we have 0 (zero) DL commits and one true LB commit. Somebody needs to get to shakin' and bakin'!

Never mind D-1 transfers, as we speak we have 0 (zero) DL commits and one true LB commit. Somebody needs to get to shakin' and bakin'!

So am I wrong to be worried? I need Pop's to calm me down.

Is our staff hoping to get more commits from other juco players to go with the guys we have already for 2015?

Don't worry the staff will sign what they NEED…too much is placed on who is signed in February, when many don't qualify..according to the Orlando Sentinel today, a 1/3 of those who signed in Florida didn't qualify…that is why I feel wonderful about the recent class all qualified, that is how you build a long, lasting program…how many failed to qualify at U. South Carolina??? I heard it might be close to 7…not many schools have their total signees make it….point I'm trying to make…don't worry…be happy!!! The coaches will take care of any issues they see as a need….

Don't worry the staff will sign what they NEED…too much is placed on who is signed in February, when many don't qualify..according to the Orlando Sentinel today, a 1/3 of those who signed in Florida didn't qualify…that is why I feel wonderful about the recent class all qualified, that is how you build a long, lasting program…how many failed to qualify at U. South Carolina??? I heard it might be close to 7…not many schools have their total signees make it….point I'm trying to make…don't worry…be happy!!! The coaches will take care of any issues they see as a need….

That's the way I see it. As long as I have confidence in our coaches' ability to evaluate and recruit, I do not have anything to worry about.

I'm not so sure Pops would be all that calm about the current DL/LB situation for 2015. Although there is a long time before signing day, the number of available top of the line players at those positions is dwindling as they commit elsewhere.

I'm not so sure Pops would be all that calm about the current DL/LB situation for 2015. Although there is a long time before signing day, the number of available top of the line players at those positions is dwindling as they commit elsewhere.

Just remember that we've signed two GREAT DL/DE classes in a row. It's going to be ok.

That's what I am screaming!!

What's the skinny on 4* DE Marquavius Lewis? Do we have a good chance?

Chance? yes. Good chance? not looking that way

Archived