2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

Didn't see a thread on him, but I did find this from WEAU's Recruiting Board:

DEONDRE-FRANCOIS-140322-PRO.JPG

Deondre Francois :starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

Ht/Wt: 6-1, 190 | Hometown/School: Orlando, Fla., IMG Academy

Status: Florida, Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, Tennessee and Oregon battle | Recruiter: Rhett Lashlee

Commit Date: Opening (July 5-10) | Offered: Yes | Visited: No

Ranking: 247 (4-star, #9 Dual) | Rivals (4-star, #7 Dual) | Scout (4-star, #19 QB) | ESPN (4-star, #3 QB:DT) | Hudl Highlights

Apparently, AU is stepping up our efforts to recruit him:

Auburn offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee was reportedly in Orlando, Fla., yesterday to visit the four-star prospcect.

"They said I throw the ball great," Francois told 247Sports. "They love the way I spin it. Now that other quarterbacks are committing, they're starting to come at me stronger.

"He didn't tell me, but I feel like I'm No. 1 on their board. But if I'm not, they're still recruiting me and that's all that matters."

Francois said he speaks with Lashlee often and likes the offensive schemes the Tigers run. Auburn joins Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Tennessee and Oregon as Francois' favorites.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked too and did not see a thread on Francois. I heard trhe coached have been after him pretty hard the last three weeks. He looks solid to me. His firm is good. He has a great offer list. With all the stuff going on with Gibson, I have to wokder if AU will focus more on people like Kai Locksey, and Francois. I have to admit I am still a big Locksey fan. I like the fact that he has grown up with a father as a coach. I do think he has less chance of messing things up like a Zeke Pike or a Gibson. Son's of coaches tend to be pretty disciplined. Francois looks like a good one too though.

I hope we can get Kai. I really like how he plays.

How do you feel about Deondre? :dunno:

I hope we can get Kai. I really like how he plays.

How do you feel about Deondre? :dunno:/>

Bird, not that you asked me, but I like Deondre as well. He looks good on film. I would be happy with either. Personal opinion is that Kai is my favorite but I think Deondre can be very good too.

If he improves his footwork some, he could be really good. He generates a lot of pop on the ball, with avg mechanics. I like his release point and how quick he gets it up and out.

haven'\t see a lot flm on Deondre like Ihave on Kai. I like Kai's size. He kinda reminds me of Cam.

Wonder how he got the idea he was No. 1 on the AU board. Even if he had good reason to think that, I'm surprised that he would share that info with reporters.

• 2 weeks later...

Won QB MVP at Rivals 5* Challenge...

Wow! He was 4th after yesterday.

E I knew you would be excited about this. The recruiting heat on Francois may be turning up a notch. FSU I am sure is licking their chops.

Won QB MVP at Rivals 5* Challenge...

Wow! He was 4th after yesterday.

E I knew you would be excited about this. The recruiting heat on Francois may be turning up a notch. FSU I am sure is licking their chops.

Yeah I wish AU was in FSU's position this recruiting year w/ QBs. They likely call the next domino that falls and it will affect AU either way.

Well FSU should be in that position for awhile considering their QB just won the Heisman.

Interesting twitter convo with a UT fan. Indicated that UT coaches and fans favor Francois over both Locksley and Gibson. Said it was a shame that it looked like Francois and FSU were trending but was ok with getting Kai. UT backing away from Gibson? (Not likely, he was in campus this weekend) Either way, they are looking to take a 2nd QB with Jennings.

Interesting twitter convo with a UT fan. Indicated that UT coaches and fans favor Francois over both Locksley and Gibson. Said it was a shame that it looked like Francois and FSU were trending but was ok with getting Kai. UT backing away from Gibson? (Not likely, he was in campus this weekend) Either way, they are looking to take a 2nd QB with Jennings.

I watched film of the Jennings kid that UT has already committed. He looks very good and is rated a high 4.

I'm still hoping we sign Tyler and Kai.

Well then if I were you i'd pull for Francios to beat Kai to the punch by commiting to FSU before Kai can.

Well then if I were you i'd pull for Francios to beat Kai to the punch by commiting to FSU before Kai can.

Based on what just happened with Dormandy committed to UT, there may soon be a battle to commit soon to AU and Fl St between Gibson, Locksley, and Francois. I think these are all excellent choices.

Based on what just happened with Dormandy committed to UT, there may soon be a battle to commit soon to AU and Fl St between Gibson, Locksley, and Francois. I think these are all excellent choices.

1a, b, and c.

:hellyeah:

Committing at IMG camp at the end of July. Top schools are AU, FSU, Ohio state, UTk, Oregon, notre dame. Per his twitter.

Committing at IMG camp at the end of July. Top schools are AU, FSU, Ohio state, UTk, Oregon, notre dame. Per his twitter.

The only change in there from the past 3 months is adding ND.

Archived