2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I have certainly missed a lot in the last few hours. So the other florida state qb recruit is talking smack to Francois and now Francois is all Auburn? thanks to Johnson I guess

I hope this situation puts us over the top but i don't think it's a "lock" for us no matter what Deondre has tweeted. But i certainly hope so. I imagine after he has time to calm down and speak with his parents and gets a phone call from Jimbo to smooth things out...who knows how this plays out. I'm proud to see the restraint he had in not going back at Johnson. Shows a lot of maturity for a young man his age.

Why wouldn't this cause Dre to head to FSU just to show Johnson who's tops? That's how I'd react.

Why wouldn't this cause Dre to head to FSU just to show Johnson who's tops? That's how I'd react.

Well, a couple of reasons. For him to say "As a man, I can not allow myself to get involved with drama" shows you the level of maturity this high school kid is at. I doubt he would let his pride get the best of him just to prove a point. Also, one of our biggest selling points at Auburn is that

"We Are Family". The recruits hear it all the time but yesterday's incident allowed him to actually witness it. Many auburn fans showed support by tweeting positive remarks and welcoming him to the Auburb Family. Your football team is supposed to be your family. When you have a fellow recruit who is already making you feel unwelcomed, why would you want to spend the next four or five years of your life there? He could easily just join a team and community that welcomes him and makes him feel like the real Auburn family we are.

Well, a couple of reasons. For him to say "As a man, I can not allow myself to get involved with drama" shows you the level of maturity this high school kid is at. I doubt he would let his pride get the best of him just to prove a point. Also, one of our biggest selling points at Auburn is that

"We Are Family". The recruits hear it all the time but yesterday's incident allowed him to actually witness it. Many auburn fans showed support by tweeting positive remarks and welcoming him to the Auburb Family. Your football team is supposed to be your family. When you have a fellow recruit who is already making you feel unwelcomed, why would you want to spend the next four or five years of your life there? He could easily just join a team and community that welcomes him and makes him feel like the real Auburn family we are.

Nice post.

Agreed. And, wherever he goes (doesn't have to be FSU), I would think he'd still use that as motivation to be better than that other guy.

Yep. All this talk by Johnson means nothing. IF DF picks AU its because AU beat out FSU. And vise versa.

This is just two kids seeing the reactions of adults to their tweets. There are many examples of this in the recruiting world. I like Francois, but I want Pass more.

FWIW. AU reporters are still picking FSU after Johnson's comment. The only person picking AU is the Rivals national guy who interviewed Johnson. Would not be surprised if he deliberately got the interview that way to create interest for Dre's announcement on Thursday since national perception is Dre is a slam dunk to pick FSU.

This is just two kids seeing the reactions of adults to their tweets. There are many examples of this in the recruiting world. I like Francois, but I want Pass more.

AU acquiring both Francois (2015 signing class) and Pass (2016 signing class) being realistic and most ideal. IMHO.

Yep. All this talk by Johnson means nothing. IF DF picks AU its because AU beat out FSU. And vise versa.

Johnson saying nothing happened.

User Actions

Follow
622152c4fa8541259cca3231453c0350_bigger.jpeg
Deandre Johnson
@
DredaDon14

There was No shots fired at Francois ,sorry to disappoint you all but the media will blow things out of proportion just to have a story.

5:28 PM - 28 Jul 2014

'Drama' Francois is talking about could be media drama.

I don't think this seals any deal.

FWIW. AU reporters are still picking FSU after Johnson's comment. The only person picking AU is the Rivals national guy who interviewed Johnson. Would not be surprised if he deliberately got the interview that way to create interest for Dre's announcement on Thursday since national perception is Dre is a slam dunk to pick FSU.

I didn't realize we had that much ground to make up on DF. I figured if we were 50/50, this might be enough to push him over the edge on way or the other.

We'll find out Thursday, I guess.

I didn't realize we had that much ground to make up on DF. I figured if we were 50/50, this might be enough to push him over the edge on way or the other.

We'll find out Thursday, I guess.

We don't. That's why I said National perception. National perception is different than reality many times in recruiting.

Either Johnson or the writer is not being truthful. I read the article. There are strong quotes by Johnson. The question there is whether they are real or not

In the end though it really does not matter. As WDE, Mikey, and Ronin said we will beat or lose to FSU hear straight up regardless of what was or was not said.

I agree 100% if people think this made him come to us they are crazy, of course that's assuming he signs with us

Either Johnson or the writer is not being truthful. I read the article. There are strong quotes by Johnson. The question there is whether they are real or not

In the end though it really does not matter. As WDE, Mikey, and Ronin said we will beat or lose to FSU hear straight up regardless of what was or was not said.

You know Johnson said those quote. FSU coaches just got a hold of Johnson and I'm sure they were not happy with him. Bet Johnson is the one worried about his spot at FSU right now.

You know Johnson said those quote. FSU coaches just got a hold of Johnson and I'm sure they were not happy with him. Bet Johnson is the one worried about his spot at FSU right now.

Yes. I was being diplomatic.

I bet Jimbo pulled out what little hair he had left after he read Johnson's comments.

snapback.pngWarDamnEagleWDE, on Today, 12:47 PM, said:

I bet Jimbo pulled out what little hair he had left after he read Johnson's comments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unless.....FSU already knows that DF is coming to Auburn and Jimbo decided to play a little game. Use Johnson to save face for FSU so they can say the "he didn't want to compete anyway" and "FSU got the better one" type of thing. Jimbo wouldn't play games like that would he ? Naaa. ;D

FSU

Recruiting drama goes on... FSU commit De'Andre Johnson is negatively recruiting Deondre Francois. "you'll be on the bench."

IMO, Johnson really doesn't want Francois to come to FSU. I am not sure if Johnson is upset about Francois' decision. Could go either way. I'm going to stick with my pick right now.

Well, we know rumors aren't allowed here. If you see it on the internet, here, it has to be true. BTW, I need help moving some furniture and was thinking of asking the offensive line - do you think there is anyone that couldn't help? ;D (Yes, this was all in fun)

Archived