2015 4* LB Tevon Coney (Notre Dame signee)

RunInRed

AU makes cut ...

I Want To Thank Every School That Recruited Me And Gave Me A Chance.My Top 10 Schools

Bpy3_Qql_CYAASiru.jpg

@TevonConey

image.png

Tevon Coney, LB

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

6'2 / 225

- Picked up AU offer 3/16/14

Offers: Alabama, App State, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, FAU, FIU, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisville, Marshall, Miami (FL), Michigan State, Mississippi State, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Purdue, South Alabama, South Florida, Tennessee, UCF, West Virginia and Western Michigan, among others.

Composite & 247Sports: 3* & 4*

ESPN: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 3*

Hudl Highlights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV09uvdUKbQ

2892831.JPG

Is this even an option? With so many LBs committed or leaning toward us, you would think this guy wouldnt be a take. Idk though. Just my opinion

Is this even an option? With so many LBs committed or leaning toward us, you would think this guy wouldnt be a take. Idk though. Just my opinion

AU has looked at him a bit more the past couple of months. That's all I concretely know right now and don't think that's enough to make inferences on other LB targets at this time.

AU has looked at him a bit more the past couple of months. That's all I concretely know right now and don't think that's enough to make inferences on other LB targets at this time.

I'll add that- and this is going strictly off my own limited understanding of the information that has been provided on this board- we only have 1 LB commit, we have 2 spots open and we only have 2 highly rated leans. So I certainly hope that our coaches are still taking a 4* kid with an offer list like Coney's very seriously.

As of today, how many players do we have on Scholoarship. My total shows we have 83. Is that right or wrong?

According to Mikey we need Linebackers. I tend to agree with Mikey so while board may say we are only looking for 2 more. I could see us taking 3 especially if we don't have a full class on NSD. I am not an Insider as most of the coaches and AD type people don't come around my little town in Texas giving me updates. This is my Opinion based on a gut feeling and based on my belief that we could use one more LB in this class to help get us to where we need to be with LB's.

My opinion is it would depend in what order they said yes. If other two had said yes before Holland I am sure we would still take Holland.

According to Mikey we need Linebackers. I tend to agree with Mikey so while board may say we are only looking for 2 more. I could see us taking 3 especially if we don't have a full class on NSD. I am not an Insider as most of the coaches and AD type people don't come around my little town in Texas giving me updates. This is my Opinion based on a gut feeling and based on my belief that we could use one more LB in this class to help get us to where we need to be with LB's.

My opinion is it would depend in what order they said yes. If other two had said yes before Holland I am sure we would still take Holland.

:no:

:P

We'll take four if we can get four high quality LB's.

So far, we have one committed if you accept the smart fellers explanation that all those guys listed as LB's and committed to Auburn can't possibly be linebackers, they've been recruited to play safety or waterboy or anything but linebacker!

So far, we have one committed if you accept the smart fellers explanation that all those guys listed as LB's and committed to Auburn can't possibly be linebackers, they've been recruited to play safety or waterboy or anything but linebacker!

if they can play like Bobby Bouchere, sign them up! :)

As of today, how many players do we have on Scholoarship. My total shows we have 83. Is that right or wrong?

Link

If you're referring to Atkinson and Sullivan, they're listed as LBs because there is no "Star" listing on the recruiting sites and they played LB in high school. It's really not complicated. Like, at all.

If you're referring to Atkinson and Sullivan, they're listed as LBs because there is no "Star" listing on the recruiting sites and they played LB in high school. It's really not complicated. Like, at all.

AU will/wants sign 3 to 4 true OLBer's & MLBer's in this class. Williams so far is the only one.

if they can play like Bobby Bouchere, sign them up! :)

"Gaaaaaaatoradeeeeeeee"

"H20!!!!"

It's a stupid movie, but it's so funny.

AU will/wants sign 3 to 4 true OLBer's & MLBer's in this class. Williams so far is the only one.

Wait a minute! Better watch out. Just about a month ago I was called "asinine" for making that exact same statement.

Wait a minute! Better watch out. Just about a month ago I was called "asinine" for making that exact same statement.

Mikey, most of us are in agreement with you about beefing up our LB recruiting.

Not by me. I've been in 100% agreement with you on this one. Was told the LBers are still going to be the weak link to the D again this year.

Not by me. I've been in 100% agreement with you on this one. Was told the LBers are still going to be the weak link to the D again this year.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Free article from Ryan Callahan, a 247 reporter for Tennessee

http://tennessee.247...Auburn-29633903

Four-star rising senior linebacker Tevon Coney of Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) High School posted on his Twitter account Tuesday that he's planning to visit Tennessee and Auburn this weekend.

The 6-foot-1, 222-pound Coney claims scholarship offers from more than 25 teams, including Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson. He's ranked the nation's No. 11 inside linebacker in the 2015 class by 247Sports.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Florida as the favorite to land Coney, with 83 percent of his current predictions going to the Gators and Notre Dame getting 17 percent.

6_2961175.jpg

Four-star rising senior linebacker Tevon Coney of Palm Beach Gardens (Fla.) High School posted on his Twitter account Tuesday that he's planning to visit Tennessee and Auburn this weekend.

The 6-foot-1, 222-pound Coney claims scholarship offers from more than 25 teams, including Florida, Miami, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State and Clemson. He's ranked the nation's No. 11 inside linebacker in the 2015 class by 247Sports.

The 247Sports Crystal Ball points to Florida as the favorite to land Coney, with 83 percent of his current predictions going to the Gators and Notre Dame getting 17 percent.

6_2961175.jpg

Nice update. That is quite a pick. He certainly looks the part. What do you think Mikey? We have some ground to make up if we are going to pull him.

6_2961175.jpg

Nice update. That is quite a pic. He certainly looks the part. What do you think Mikey? We have some ground to make up if we are going to pull him.

6_2961175.jpg

Nice update. That is quite a pick. He certainly looks the part. What do you think Mikey? We have some ground to make up if we are going to pull him.

What do I think? I think we need to add at least two more top of the line linebackers to this class if we are to gain any ground at the position. This guy looks like he fills the bill, but can we get him and a minimum of one more to go with D. Williams?

He had Tre Mason in his ear at The Opening. I'm sure the local connection and Tre's high regards for AU didn't hurt.

Nice point. Tre had a terrific career at AU. I am certain he would speak well about his time at AU.

Archived