Roc Thomas

WarEagle1982

Give Roc Tre's #.21 or #9. I still feel #2 should be retied and #43 should go to Jalen Harris. Retire Philips number after Jalen has moved on to the NFL.

WhoTF is Jalen Harris, and why do you think he's going to the NFL?

No need to be an ass to A4e. Jalen Harris is 2015 TE recruit who was coached by Lutz.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Roc Tre's #.21 or #9. I still feel #2 should be retied and #43 should go to Jalen Harris. Retire Philips number after Jalen has moved on to the NFL.

Wow. You really need to ShutTFU and learn a little about Auburn football before you run your mouth any more.

Wow. You really need to ShutTFU and learn a little about Auburn football before you run your mouth any more.

I know plenty about Auburn football. I don't see a Jalen Harris on the roster. I think it's a little presumptive to project a highschooler (not named Clowney) to the NFL. Beyond sunshine pumperish.

Also, why you so mad bro?

I know a4e makes some crazy posts sometimes (message me if you want my personal opinion on the whole thing), but he does know Auburn football pretty well. Obviously better than you.

I know a4e makes some crazy posts sometimes (message me if you want my personal opinion on the whole thing), but he does know Auburn football pretty well. Obviously better than you.

"Everybody jump on the new guy."

You've been here for two years...

Oh.

Oh.

Yeah.. I would recommend googling things like that before asking "WhoTF" somebody is. Chances are, if no one else has asked the obvious question, it's because YOU are the one lacking some knowledge.

So.............I think we have a good idea of the type of backs CAP and Grant are, and would be surprised to something drastically new from them. They are capable backs, but I think we need to be careful with the use of the word great. Gus has gone with a true freshman before and won't shy away from giving him carries. He and Barber will have every shot at winning the primary role.

Oh.

Yeah.. I would recommend googling things like that before asking "WhoTF" somebody is. Chances are, if no one else has asked the obvious question, it's because YOU are the one lacking some knowledge.

I forget how serious this message board business is.

Oh.

This is the AU Family and you just became its Jan Brady haha

Oh.

This is the AU Family and you just became its Jan Brady haha

Is that you Bobby?

You brought this on yourself with the "TF". If you had simply asked, "Who is Jalen Harris?", you probably would have gotten a polite, informative answer.

You brought this on yourself with the "TF". If you had simply asked, "Who is Jalen Harris?", you probably would have gotten a polite, informative answer.

If thats true, that is ridiculous. This is open to all types and all ages. The poster did not cuss, lay off.

If thats true, that is ridiculous. This is open to all types and all ages. The poster did not cuss, lay off.

Easy big fella, :comfort: I don't think 84 was inferring that he cussed. Just that had he not included the offending (not offensive mind you) 'TF', that he might have gotten softer responses.

Easy big fella, :comfort: I don't think 84 was inferring that he cussed. Just that had he not included the offending (not offensive mind you) 'TF', that he might have gotten softer responses.

Bingo. It's not what the TF stands for. It's the rudeness and condescension it implies. And if you're going to be rude and ignorant in the same post, you're going to catch some heat for it. Also, pursuant responses in the thread suggest that the original rudeness was not just an unfortunate instance of poor written communication skills.

Edit: And, yes, I already added what's-his-name to my ignore list.

If Roc Thomas is the starter before game 4 or 5, it is far more likely to be due to injury than anything else. He's going to have to learn QB protection before that happens...

i think his blocking will be fine, looking at his highlights make you see a future heisman winner and i want that next season

...After posting this, you stated that you stated that you think CAP will start, and all I alluded to in my post was Roc's status as a starter. I've stated elsewhere (probably earlier in this thread even) that I believe his potential to be tremendous, and that I believe he will make an immediate impact on the Plains. It's just that it takes time to cultivate the ability to block SEC defensive linemen and linebackers with any kind of efficiency, which is a requisite to being the starter at running back and seeing the field for most of the snaps.

If Roc Thomas is the starter before game 4 or 5, it is far more likely to be due to injury than anything else. He's going to have to learn QB protection before that happens...

i think his blocking will be fine, looking at his highlights make you see a future heisman winner and i want that next season

...After posting this, you stated that you stated that you think CAP will start, and all I alluded to in my post was Roc's status as a starter. I've stated elsewhere (probably earlier in this thread even) that I believe his potential to be tremendous, and that I believe he will make an immediate impact on the Plains. It's just that it takes time to cultivate the ability to block SEC defensive linemen and linebackers with any kind of efficiency, which is a requisite to being the starter at running back and seeing the field for most of the snaps.

yes....i think cap will start this season, i don't think you're saying anything negative about roc if you thought that..

I believe that Roc will be used on special teams mostly. Maybe a carry or two here and there, but nothing sufficient.

He will have a serious role in this offense, more than a carry or two, bank it!

Not taking anything away from Roc, my concern is same as some others here in bulking up for SEC play and learning the play book. It is a different game to come into college and be called upon to do other things than just be the High School Roc Star and get handed the ball and do your thing. Remember, we have seen very little of Barber who Tre even stated was the better running back when Tre was still there (will admit that was before Roc was there). Powerful comment from an outstanding RB.

However, what we may see is the combo of JJ/Roc come in the game as they may have developed some chemistry (ala Marshall/Mason) rather than try a different chemistry of Marshall/Roc.

Archived