2016 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16)

WarEagleAU

5*'s Deontay Anderson & Julian Rochester were in attendance at yesterday's game. We need to keep getting Anderson back on the plains. SD, Jr. & Anderson would be a ridiculous defensive backfield.

http://auburn.247spo...allery-31543305

AUBURN -- Auburn didn't have a large group of prospects on campus, but it certainly had some marquee players in town Saturday. One of them was 2016 stud Julian Rochester of Powder Springs (Ga.) McEachern, the No. 1 defensive tackle and No. 5 overall prospect according to 247Sports. Junior defensive back Deontay Anderson of Manvel (Tx.), a 5-star in the 247Sports Composite, also showed up.

Updated: I've added Anderson as a top target. Texas A&M, LSU and Auburn would be his top 3. His third visit to Auburn sounds good news to us. We'll see.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updated: I've added Anderson as a top target. Texas A&M, LSU and Auburn would be his top 3. His third visit to Auburn sounds good news to us. We'll see.

I only know of 2 visits for DA. Yesterday and a camp this Summer. When was the third?

I only know of 2 visits for DA. Yesterday and a camp this Summer. When was the third?

My bad... Auburn coaches stopped by his school this spring.

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

He's as big as our last few RBs now. He might be a big, strong dude by 2016.

He's put up insane stats this year so far. I'll see if I can find them again.

With Ivey, Patterson, and Kennedy still being heavily pursued as well as many elite skill players on the O side of the ball (Kirk, Merritt, Burt, Slayton, etc.), I have to believe that we are not taking 4-5 DL in this class. The numbers just don't work out. If Swain can qualify, we'll take him. We feel good about JJ, and of course we would always accept a commit from Payne or Thompson. But unless there is a new name that pops up (which easily could be the case) I just don't see it in this class.

Good news is that '16 is littered with studs defensive players and we have already established ourselves as a contender for most.

This class will be another great top 10 (maybe 5) and I look for next year to push for #1.

Kennedy still being heavily pursued

Unless it's confirmed by AU recruiting reporters through their connections I'm not buying what Kennedy said for a single, solitary second. I think he is just blowing smoke and looking for attention. I highly doubt we are really putting much effort into him at all.

I have to believe that we are not taking 4-5 DL in this class.

The plan is still 1-2 DEs and 1-2 more DTs for a combined total of 3-4 more on the DL. With Shannon still on pace to enroll in January of 2016 unless there is room to get him in the Fall 2015 as part of the 2015 class we can sign 8-9 more if Gus wants so there is still quite a bit of room. We have room to add 2 OL, 3-4 DL, 1-2 WR, and or 1 LB.

Good news is that '16 is littered with studs defensive players and we have already established ourselves as a contender for most.

This class will be another great top 10 (maybe 5) and I look for next year to push for #1.

Agreed

Kennedy still being heavily pursued

Unless it's confirmed by AU recruiting reporters through their connections I'm not buying what Kennedy said for a sinle, solitary second. I think he is just blowing smoke and looking for attention. I highly doubt we are really putting much effort into him at all.

I have to believe that we are not taking 4-5 DL in this class.

The plan is still 1-2 DEs and 1-2 more DTs for a combined total of 3-4 more on the DL. With Shannon still on pace to enroll in January of 2016 unless there is room to get him in the Fall 2015 as part of the 2015 class we can sign 8-9 more if Gus wants so there is still quite a bit of room. We have room to add 2 OL, 3-4 DL, 1-2 WR, and or 1 LB.

Agreed

Very good breakdown of positions e. That's hard for me to say

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a good list of visitors for the October 25th, South Carolina game?

A thread has not been started yet because there has only been a couple of names confirmed so far. Also, posting the same question in 2 different threads was unnecessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Unless I'm missing something Landon Rice is only a 3* and I believe he is rated a 3* by all four recruiting services. After this year TE will be the only position on the roster (other than kicker) where we will not have at least one 4* and probably will not for a while.

Unless I'm missing something Landon Rice is only a 3* and I believe he is rated a 3* by all four recruiting services. After this year TE will be the only position on the roster (other than kicker) where we will not have at least one 4* and probably will not for a while.

Rice was a composite 4* at one time.

• 1 month later...

If we do get Barrow, then looking forward to next year, I believe he could potentially help us land former Miami commitment 4* WR Dedrick Snelson and current Miami commit 4* LB Shaq Quartermain.

Snelson has already expressed strong interest in Auburn and he would form an incredible WR class with current AU commit 5* WR Nate Craig-Myers & AU top target Elijah Stove (Auburn the clear leader).

Quartermain previously named Auburn his leader before committing to Miami last summer. Auburn is almost certainly going to get 1-2 LB's out of the state of Alabama next year from a list that includes 4* PJ Blue, 4* Jeremiah Moon, 5* Mack Wilson, and 5* Ben Davis. Throw in 5* LB Keion Joyner from North Carolina and a position of weakness could quickly turn into a position of strength.

The future is bright. I'm not sure how we'll be able to close this year, but I think 2016 could be one of the best recruiting classes that Auburn has ever seen!

Archived