2016 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16)

WarEagleAU

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone fill me in as to which recruiting service carries the most weight when determining the star rating of a player? I see some recruits listed as a 3 star when he has 2 of the 4 ratings as a 4 star.

I have yet to be told how this works. I would appreciate any help with this. I know there are others who post on this site who would like to know.

• 3 weeks later...

Last year on National Signing Day we landed:

Byron Cowart

Jeff Holland

Ryan Davis

Javarius Davis

Carlton Davis

Darius Slayton

Mike Horton

Prince Tega was landed just a few days before, so that's 8 spots filled in the last week. Most of the remaining targets will be announcing on signing day. We need to feel confident about these and/or be locking down some back-up plans.

Byron Cowart

Jeff Holland

Ryan Davis

Javarius Davis

Carlton Davis

Darius Slayton

Mike Horton

Prince Tega was landed just a few days before, so that's 8 spots filled in the last week. Most of the remaining targets will be announcing on signing day. We need to feel confident about these and/or be locking down some back-up plans.

Yeah but we felt pretty good about most of those before signing day. Who do we feel good about now?

I feel certain that we will finish somewhere in the top 12 when all is said and done. We do this year in and out, we will be fine.

Can someone fill me in as to which recruiting service carries the most weight when determining the star rating of a player? I see some recruits listed as a 3 star when he has 2 of the 4 ratings as a 4 star.

I have yet to be told how this works. I would appreciate any help with this. I know there are others who post on this site who would like to know.

No site has more weight than the others & no site's stars has any impact on a player's composite star ranking. I, It's purely based on rank average. I don't know how the decided on the numbers but I can tell you for a composite 5* for example a player has to have a rank average of 42.5 or better using all 4 sites. For example, let's say a player has a national rank on the 4 sites of 1, 1, 1, & 167. Adding those numbers up gives you 170. 170 then /4 = 42.5. That player would be a 5*. Now let's say a player's national ranks are 1, 1, 1, & 168. Adding those up is 171. 171/4=42.75. That player would be a 4* on the composite because the 168 weighed so much it brought him down even though the other 3 sites has him as a 5* #1 player in the nation.

Byron Cowart

Jeff Holland

Ryan Davis

Javarius Davis

Carlton Davis

Darius Slayton

Mike Horton

Yeah but we felt pretty good about most of those before signing day. Who do we feel good about now?

Yes but we didn't feel good about any of them before the dead period ended which is where we are now except starting to get mo for Cowart. We thought Tega was going to be in the 2016 class this time last year. Let the OVs play out this weekend then we'll have a better idea where things are going.

tomorrow is last day for JC transfers.. are we expecting any late commits??

Not from Mid year JCs. If a JC pops up he will be a May-June enrollee.

Guys, with Barber leaving, we have suddenly gone from not enough carries to go around, to being 1 or 2 injuries from having a REAL problem at RB. Are there any under the radar RB prospects we are looking at signing? Or is next season filled with exceptional talent (or something similar) that is preventing us from going after another RB this season? We have Miller committed, but 3 of the 4 main sites have him listed as the #1 FB.

Guys, with Barber leaving, we have suddenly gone from not enough carries to go around, to being 1 or 2 injuries from having a REAL problem at RB. Are there any under the radar RB prospects we are looking at signing? Or is next season filled with exceptional talent (or something similar) that is preventing us from going after another RB this season? We have Miller committed, but 3 of the 4 main sites have him listed as the #1 FB.

Link

LoL E, i just saw it. But i still don't understand

The staff, like most in recruiting, feels 2016 is a weak RB class so they are not going to stretch on going after a RB recruit they are not confident in. They feel 2017 is a much better class & plan to take 2. Also they had an idea they would lose a RB & factored that in. The RB being Barber was a surprise but does not change their RB recruiting plans much.

In other words staff say's "relax. . . we be good".

Ole piss charged with "dozens" of NCAA violations.... will that help us on NSD?

No. the football violations are Tunsil only & they have already been dealt w/ via his 7 game suspension last season.

Archived