2016 Recruiting Board (Updated: 2/17/16)

WarEagleAU

First time I've had an opportunity to catch up with this thread since February. I know this is old news but the new format looks great. Thanks for the hard work.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP updated: WR Marquis McClain commits to Auburn (new profile pic added).

Every time I wonder if the recruiting thread has been updated, it already has been. Your efficiency and effort are noted. You get a gold star and move up 3 spaces in the poster rankings.

@Allie_Davison: Huge news for the No. 1 TE in the country. No longer a FSU commit. https://t.co/3rszOyDdjO

Since we don't have a thread on him but he is listed as 1 of our top 2 targets on the board, do we have any kind of shot at him? He's a big time player

@Allie_Davison: Huge news for the No. 1 TE in the country. No longer a FSU commit. https://t.co/3rszOyDdjO

Since we don't have a thread on him but he is listed as 1 of our top 2 targets on the board, do we have any kind of shot at him? He's a big time player

We are still recruiting him but UGA is the team to beat.

I noticed Nauta appeared on your board a week ago (maybe longer) as a high priority 5* WR. Did you know something was in the works? I thought he was a firm FSU commit. Is that the selling point UGA and AU are using (pure receiver, big WR type) instead of HB/TE position which is more of a blocking position. I'd never seen Nauta listed as a WR before. Interesting....

I know he's a UGA lean, but there were a ton of retweets from AU people when he decommited. So that is why I asked the question WEAU

Very, very slim chance we get him. We should be happy with Landon. Kid is talented and really big. He will be great for AU.

Very, very slim chance we get him. We should be happy with Landon. Kid is talented and really big. He will be great for AU.

I agree Landon is a beast but Nauta is extremely good

Like a billion CBs for him to UGA today.

UGA already has two TE commits for the class. But you don't turn down a 5* stud like Nauta. They only have one small WR commit so far so WEagle may be on to something listing Nauta as a WR.

• 3 weeks later...

I have noticed that some of our recruits have had their stars increased. (I am talking about a 3 star recruit that is committed to Auburn and now has some 4 star ratings) I would guess that a lot of these young men will have their star ratings significantly increased from where they are now.

By the way, I saw a cougar about 2 miles from where I reside. My father-in-law was with me, and saw it as well. I am not one of these that takes a cell phone with him 24/7. Where I live, you cannot get cell coverage due to the remote area. This is a blessing most of the time. I get annoyed with people that cannot even go take a dump without having their cell phone in their hand, and a swath of toilet paper in the other. I cannot drive anymore due to my health condition and the ton of meds I have to take everyday just to have some relief and have a decent life. My lovely, and I do mean lovely wife, does all of the driving. She is a great driver. I spend most of my time outdoors as much as possible. Life is good in the mountains of weI do have a nice Club Cart golf cart that serves me well. I play golf about 3-4 times per week. If you ever come to the southern part of the Blue Ridge Mountains where I live, come on over and I will treat you to a round or two of some of the best golf course in the mountains of western, North Carolina!

Promise me that you will never play my little course without me!

That's quite an offer Doc. We should all be so lucky as to play a round of golf with an Auburn man of your character...

• 3 weeks later...

Mikey, care to go ahead and preemptively explain that Burton's departure doesn't open up a new scholly slot for the 2016 (or '17) class? :)

I suppose I could, but that would spoil the fun of explaining it all later.

Mikey, care to go ahead and preemptively explain that Burton's departure doesn't open up a new scholly slot for the 2016 (or '17) class? :)

I suppose I could, but that would spoil the fun of explaining it all later.

Understood.

Side note, looks like Greg Little's visiting next month.

• 4 weeks later...

I see a lot of early enrollees in this class. My question is: By being an early enrollee, these young men will start school this January. I wish all of our recruits could be early enrollees so that they could have a spring camp underneath their belts of which would give them an edge compared to the recruits that start in Fall camp.

I see a lot of early enrollees in this class. My question is: By being an early enrollee, these young men will start school this January. I wish all of our recruits could be early enrollees so that they could have a spring camp underneath their belts of which would give them an edge compared to the recruits that start in Fall camp.

Agreed. Where is the question? Generally, I wish we could sign all five stars.

Watch out for Florida on Barrett, Stove and Newkirk and Alabama on Davidson. Auburn gotta finish strong for the rest of season.

The way Georgia has lost their last 2 games, it isn't helping their cause with these 4 * and 5 * recruits. I hope Gus move Garner to TE coach and bring in Rocker to coach the DL.

Archived