Philip Lutzenkirchen Memorial Service

around4ever

Video:

http://www.nfhsnetwo...m/events/100946

BrlHGHtIAAEwCgn.jpg

MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) — Hundreds of fans and several dozen Auburn coaches and teammates attended Philip Lutzenkirchen's public memorial service, nearly filling the bleachers on one side of his high school stadium.

Tigers coach Gus Malzahn and athletic director Jay Jacobs were among those honoring the popular Auburn player Wednesday night at Lassiter High School.

The 22-year-old Lutzenkirchen, and 22-year-old driver, Joseph Ian Davis died in a one-car crash early Sunday morning. Police suspect alcohol was involved and are awaiting the results of blood tests.

Auburn assistant coaches Rhett Lashlee, Scott Fountain and Travis Williams were among those attending, along with an estimated 30 current and former players.

Many of those attending wore Auburn's orange and blue as requested by the family.

Auburn is also planning to hold a public service for Lutzenkirchen.

http://collegefootba...public-memorial

Coach Gus Malzahn ...

"I am truly honored to be here tonight to celebrate the life of Philip Lutzenkirchen."

"As a coach, you are not supposed to have favorites. Philip made that tough."

"He was a great competitor."

"He was a team player. He was unselfish."

"He respected his teammates and his coaches and for that, they loved him."

"He probably had more friends than any player I have ever coached."

"It always blew my mind that he had the time out of football to develop the relationships he did."

"He always knew when I was down. He would text me at the right time."

"He was humble. He didn't let his fame affect him. He was a star."

"He was the type of man you would want your daughters to marry."

"He didn't just make me a better coach, but a better person"

"Philip, we love you. We miss you. We can't wait to see you in heaven. War Eagle."

"Philip Lutzenkirchen is a bright light in this dark world." - Jay Jacobs

BrlQaUUIcAAvrFH.jpg

Im trying watch it but its lagging quite a bit, I too hope the full video will be on YOUTUBE. If any one finds it first please put a link to it, I am trying to keep up with it but I think my internet is slow.

His Dad is a heck of a man, Chet said it right when he said Lutz was who he was because of his Dad.

Im trying watch it but its lagging quite a bit, I too hope the full video will be on YOUTUBE. If any one finds it first please put a link to it, I am trying to keep up with it but I think my internet is slow.

His Dad is a heck of a man, Chet said it right when he said Lutz was who he was because of his Dad.

It's not your internet, they're just understandably not prepared for the traffic they're getting..

Looks like they're going to do a replay on the streaming site

I was able to get home just after they started. Looks like they'll replay it and I'll probably watch it again as my connection too was lagging. However, it was a wonderful service and it was awesome to see the crowd in orange and blue holding up their candles. God Bless the Lutzenkirchen family.

I saw a young lady wearing a beautiful blue Auburn #43 jersey in the Marietta area today. I was not ready for that, put a lump in my throat. She was a high school classmate....

What a great tribute to a wonderful man! My wife and I were talking while waiting for the service to start streaming and I told her that even though I never had the opportunity to meet Lutz, I felt he was the kind of man that I would want my daughter to marry. Then low and behold, Gus Malzahn said that same thing shortly afterward. Also, at the very end of the service when they showed one of Lutz's last tweets, "I know God is working, so I smile...", I went to save the quote in some notes in my iPhone. Well wouldn't you know that the notes page that was displayed contains my notes on my retirement accounts, which I constantly worry about, so I saved the quote right there at the top in order to remind me that God is working in my life.

Finally, I've followed Auburn football for over 4 decades and I've seen a lot of boys become young men of exceptional character as a result of the football program, but I've always fellt Lutz's character was in a class almost by iteself, such as that of Pat Sullivan. Even going back to when Lutz was an underclassman.

RIP Lutz!

I was lucky enough to stumble across the live feed for Lutz's memorial service. The take away is that he is a true Auburn man, but he learned those values way before he stepped foot on campus. He learned it from amazing parents that taught him what it means to be humble, work hard, love The Lord, respect all yet fear none and to love your neighbor as yourself. The legacy that Lutz wanted for himself was one he built off the field. While we are awake, Most of us will never catch a touchdown pass for Auburn, but We can carry on the legacy of #43 and other leaders that have gone before their time by doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with our God.

I usually don't cry too often about anything, deaths in the family even, but this service tonight had me in tears. Philip is the man that I strive to become. He loved everyone, he loved Auburn, and he loved God. Although I only met him once at Toomer's, he was by far one of the coolest guys I've ever met. I know he is partying it up in heaven right now. 43 forever and War Eagle!

I was there and it was a very moving service. We were told that the stadium holds around 4,000 (It looked bigger than that to us) and the home side was completely full. I would say there was at least 3,000 people were there, most likely more with all the people who were standing and not sitting, plus the family and friends that were on the field. I only saw a few people who were not wearing orange and blue and they were wearing garnet and gold for Lassiter High. Philip's dad did an amazing job speaking. It shows where Philip got his character. His sisters came in arm in arm to a standing ovation and supported each other throughout the service. I like the way they took the time to go and hug and thank each speaker. Coach Lindsey was visibly choked up at times. Coach Malzahn spoke very warmly and you could tell he had a genuine love for Philip. Heck, you could tell they all had a genuine love for him. I cried throughout the whole service, but was glad I went. I hope in some way, the support that they got from friends and strangers like me will help carry them through this difficult time. I just wish I could have met him in person at some time. I will someday seek him out in heaven. Rest in the Peace and Comfort of the Lord, Philip Lutzenkirchen.War Eagle, Big Guy.

I really enjoyed what Chip had to say specifically. Really nice all around and a great tribute to a really great guy. Still can't believe it though. It's tough.

Archived