2015 4* WR/ATH Kirk Merritt (Oregon signee)

ellitor

http://auburn.247spo...igers--30556443

Four-star offensive athlete Kirk Merritt of Destrehan (La.) spoke with Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn and co-offensive coordinator Dameyune Craig on Sunday night.

A source tells AUC that Merritt told the Tigers he probably will officially visit Auburn for either the LSU or South Carolina home games.

The 5-foot-11, 206 Merritt is the No. 144 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite.

Auburn is recruiting Merritt to play receiver.

Kirk was special at HS All Star events this summer. He will be very good in college.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's probably our top target at this point, unless he goes somewhere else, at which point he likely wasn't even a take.

Christian Kirk is AU's top target at WR at this point. Merritt is right behind. 2a. Either one is a take and AU would be done at WR.

He's probably our top target at this point, unless he goes somewhere else, at which point he likely wasn't even a take.

Nope. He's a take. Not sure why you're targeting my posts the past week but whatever.

Consider the source and move on. :bananadance:

WDE - is there any chance that we drop Jason Smith after his trial this fall if he is found guilty? If so, would we then take 2 more WR's?

I don't think so and I hope not. Jason is a great kid who just screwed up. Met him several times. No sir, yes sir type kid. He is also a stud football player.

WDE - is there any chance that we drop Jason Smith after his trial this fall if he is found guilty? If so, would we then take 2 more WR's?

I don't think so and I hope not. Jason is a great kid who just screwed up. Met him several times. No sir, yes sir type kid. He is also a stud football player.

And I also think his deal will get worked out.

Nice to hear from you again, WDE.

;)

I totally agree and want Jason to wear O&B.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just watched Kirk's Senior highlights on HUDL and someone is going to get a very special player here. He is very strong, blocks well, and is very fast with good hands. He is a potential game braking type of talent.

i just watched again.

this guy is a threat, period. he has RB moves and physicality but with the speed and hands of a great WR. this guy is a potent weapon. imagine him in the backfield: takes hand offs and goes the distance, doesn't get the ball on the zone read then goes out on a flare or wheel route.

this is just crazy.

I'm sure with Burt on commit watch, there has been less recruiting going on with Kirk and Merritt. Kirk looks to be leaning UCLA now.

AU has not backed off at all. In fact it looks like they have picked up on other WRs looking to add more than just Burt.

On CK, UCLA may now be in the thick of things after his OV there this past week but there is no indication yet that they jumped TAMU, AU, & Zona St who were the leaders before his UCLA visit.

Where is he from? I don't understand why he is shying away. Oregon, I understand because of their offense, but UCLA has been up and down A&M has been struggling ever since they the meat of their conference schedule. I hope the tigers take care of business early and give this young man something to think about.

Where is he from? I don't understand why he is shying away. Oregon, I understand because of their offense, but UCLA has been up and down A&M has been struggling ever since they the meat of their conference schedule. I hope the tigers take care of business early and give this young man something to think about.

Kirk Merritt is from Louisiana and Christian Kirk is from Arizona. Oregon is involved with KM's recruitment. UCLA is involved with CK's. KM is shying away as you put it because frankly he had better OVs to TAMU and Oregon. Auburn is likely 3rd for both prospects.

Kirk Merritt is from Louisiana and Christian Kirk is from Arizona. Oregon is involved with KM's recruitment. UCLA is involved with CK's. KM is shying away as you put it because frankly he had better OVs to TAMU and Oregon. Auburn is likely 3rd for both prospects.

It sounds like he might weigh facilities very heavily in his decision. Oregon will always have the shiniest and newest, and TAMU's are pretty sexy these days, too.

It sounds like he might weigh facilities very heavily in his decision. Oregon will always have the shiniest and newest, and TAMU's are pretty sexy these days, too.

That's not Oregon's main appeal for KM. He sees himself as a WR and RB. He likes the thought of simultaneously used in both roles as Oregon has done with one of its top WRs every year for the past 5 years or so.

That's not Oregon's main appeal for KM. He sees himself as a WR and RB. He likes the thought of simultaneously used in both roles as Oregon has done with one of its top WRs every year for the past 5 years or so.

Good stuff, ellitor, thanks for passing that along. Makes sense, given the observations in this thread about his talents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived