DIRECTV / SEC Network getting closer to a deal ...

RunInRed

FWIW, Cox is including the SEC Network in their package that is roughly $60-70 a month. I don't know if other providers will be similar, but Cox is offering the Network in what is essentially their "Basic +" package (which is their most popular).

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN wants the providers to put the SEC Network in the same package that has ESPNU. Although, that will be part of the negotiations, as well as, the price, most will probably see it on that tier in the southeast.

Anyone hearing anything about Charter cable?

Getting closer, at least according to NBC. Looks like DISH Network getting the SEC Network has pressured Direct TV.

Reports: SEC Network closing in on Comcast and DirecTV deals

Posted by Kevin McGuire on July 17, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi2mdk0nzg0mwjlmmjjzje2njq4nzexmmezmdgymgzl.jpeg?w=250

The SEC Network was already set to have a pretty impressive launch, but it appears the brand new network could be lining up quite the grand debut. According to two different reports from outlets known for covering the media landscape, the SEC Network could be close to announcing deals to be carried by Comcast and DirecTV.

First there is a report from Awful Announcing sharing a promotional flier reportedly sent by Comcast that teases the upcoming launch of the SEC’s brand new network. The SEC Network recently announced a deal with COX Communications. Getting the SEC Network on the nation’s leading cable provider is a big enough victory for a new network, but it appears to get better.

As stated in a separate report by Outkick the Coverage, a deal with DirecTV could be near as well. This really comes as good news for DirecTV subscribers in the SEC’s footprint because for the longest time it appeared the two sides could be far part from working out a deal. The SEC Network’s recent addition of DISH to the launch line-up started getting a number of DirecTV subscribers ready to make a significant jump. That may no longer need to be the case, which is surely good news for DirecTV of course. DirecTV carries the Big Ten Network but not the Pac-12 Network (yet, at least).

The reported deals have yet to be formally announced of course, but with a little under a month until the SEC Network officially goes live on the air it may not be much longer before these deals are signed off on and made available to customers.

Some additional information on this topic, it is my understanding that DirecTV's contract with the family of ESPN networks expires at the end of July, and that the negotiations aren't just about the SEC network, but involve the entire family of ESPN networks. So a deal is expected as of August 1st.

Some additional information on this topic, it is my understanding that DirecTV's contract with the family of ESPN networks expires at the end of July, and that the negotiations aren't just about the SEC network, but involve the entire family of ESPN networks. So a deal is expected as of August 1st.

Cool!

^^^makes sense. Too many would mass exodus to another provider. Fairly simple concept.

Cool!

This would also include negotiations to make espn's mobile content available via DirecTV, i.e. watch espn app content etc...

I wish I lived in Orlando and worked with Disney to el make a lot more dreams come true.Working for Disney has to be the best job in the world.

I wish I lived in Orlando and worked with Disney to el make a lot more dreams come true.Working for Disney has to be the best job in the world.

We went to WDW back in June. Working there is now all my oldest talks about. She had wanted to be a vet. Now she wants to work in the Animal Kingdom. :glare:

Random post is random.

Sorry. Getting stuck at work after midnight on late call backs tends make me LOLSORANDOM.

I wish they just put on some old games right now

You introduce the channel, you might as well play something other than a rotating logo

Channel begins Aug 14.....They haven't introduced anything.

You introduce the channel, you might as well play something other than a rotating logo

Well the channel is there and there's a place holder there. They have the licensing to show a ton of SEC classics, they might as well until August 14th.

Well the channel is there and there's a place holder there. They have the licensing to show a ton of SEC classics, they might as well until August 14th.

You have a place holder. That's your provider's choice. I do not even know what channel it will be on with my provider. The SEC Network's licensing deal does not start until August 14. You'll just have to wait until then.

It doesn't work that way. There's this thing called FCC REGULATIONS that have to be adhered too. Putting a place holder there is something that was done by your cable/satellite provider. It has nothing to do with the actual network. Like it or not, we all have to wait till August 14 when its officially on the air and LEGALLY on the air.

Does anyone know if Riviera fall under Time Warner Cable or Bright House networks?

I always wondered this, and with B/R reporting that SEC Network just signed a deal with the two, I'm thinking it is

For anyone living in Baldwin county, Riviera Cable will have the SEC network in the basic plus package and also in HD. Rivera can't advertise this because the contract negotiation with ESPN is still ongoing but will be completed by the end of this month. If you know anyone with RU Cable, let them know. Channel 76 for basic plus (reprogram your TV, there is a place holder there for now(also there is a new movie channel on 77)) and 706 in HD.

I may be able to get RU were I'm moving. How do u like there service and how do they compare? I have mediacom now and can't wait to drop em

Archived