2015 4* Danjel Purifoy Commits to Auburn

kwren34

Danjel Purifoy, a 6-foot-6, four-star small forward from Centerville, committed to Bruce Pearl and the Auburn basketball team Friday evening during the Under Armour Elite 24 dunk contest, which was shown on ESPN3.

http://oanow.com/spo...1a4bcf6878.html

4_2962568.jpg

Danjel Purifoy :starorange: :starorange: :starorange: :starorange:

Hometown (School): Centreville, AL (Bibb County)

Height/Weight: 6-6, 190

Recruiter: --

Commit Date: 8/22/14 | Offered: Yes | Visited: No

Ranking: 247 (5*, #5 SF) | Scout (4*, #12 SF) | Rivals (4*, NR) | ESPN (4*, #11 SF)

One of the top recruits in the state is transfering out of state. According to AURecruiting on twitter; Virginia seems to be the landing spot.

LINK

Football is bad enough, but there seems to be 10X the shady dealings in basketball these days. This guy may be a good one to miss.

I think the AAU coaches fill their heads with BS and the kids are naive enough to believe it.

AAU is like allowing the guy (Willie Lyles?) who "sold" Seastrunk to have a legitimate role without penalty. I am sure the competition and training is good for the players but it definitely tilts the playing field in recruiting. I really believe CBP and CCP have strong enough personalities and will get enough facetime to fight against this. We still need a good showing in the SEC and NIT (Ill reserve saying NCAA).

Football is bad enough, but there seems to be 10X the shady dealings in basketball these days. This guy may be a good one to miss.

I think the AAU coaches fill their heads with BS and the kids are naive enough to believe it.

Yep.....so, moving right along....who are the top players in the state that might meet AU standards and help the team?

Yep.....so, moving right along....who are the top players in the state that might meet AU standards and help the team?

I'm waiting until CBP can recruit to make any big updates. His staff is doing a good job. I'm sure his list of prospects will have some change when he can recruit. He'll do a good job of luring more top prospects.

I agree this guy has caution written all over him but remember Sonny went after Sir Charles when Barkley was exactly like this kid. Somewhere along the line at Auburn, Charles grew up. After an ultimatum or 2 from Sonny. Of course playing along side Moses Malone will make you grow up in a hurry too, but consider that "non participation" for an uber athlete is synonymous with "non participation" for a brainiac bored in Calculus I. Authority issue? Maybe, maybe not.

Go after Danjel and go after him hard. IMHO.

I agree, aucanucktiger. We should go after him hard. If we sign him, we would make a big statement recruiting wise in the state of Alabama and also nationally. If he doesn't pan out, so what. I believe the reward is a lot bigger than the risk IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

As I said before in another thread, Purifoy was kicked off the team for not wanting to participate in team practices. He was a no show for about a week after the Mr basketball banquet so the coach kicked him off. At least that was the story in the paper. He had no choice but to transfer if he wanted to play this year. TIFWIW. I say move on from him but I trust the Auburn staff did their homework on him.

• 5 weeks later...

WDE, I saw we might be getting a commitment from him soon. That would be quite a start to next years recruiting.

Saw this on twitter. Would be interesting if he commits and can't talk with CBP. That would speak volumes about the coaching staff assembled.

Danjel Purifoy, Scout's No. 57 player, will announce his college choice this evening during Elite 24 dunk contest.

— Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels)

247 Crystal Ball projection:

5% - Kentucky

5% - Maryland

90% - Auburn

18/20 predict him to pick Auburn. the 2 that didn't pick him are Kentucky & Maryland biased.

Sweet! A top 50 basketball recruit just committed to AU! When was the last time that happened. Good Times!

Archived