Any updates on Trovon Reed

JwgreDeux

Haven't heard much about him lately, any updates. With his size and athleticism I think he could be a big surprise for us this season.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's doin well. Workin hard this summer... He'll definitely have a role in 2014.

***D coaches like his athleticism. He has the right mindset for a defender. He's chippy, and trash-talks a little (aka he's passionate).

Maybe a Travarious (sp?) situation again. That worked out well for all then, maybe lightning strikes again.

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen a bit of speculation about Trovon's impact on the defense this season, I thought some might like to take a look at this article by PM, which includes lots of quotes from Trovon about his own expectations (including winning the Thorpe Award).

:Sing:

Having seen a bit of speculation about Trovon's impact on the defense this season, I thought some might like to take a look at this article by PM, which includes lots of quotes from Trovon about his own expectations (including winning the Thorpe Award).

That's exactly what you want to hear from your cornerbacks. I love it. Also, the Player Workouts thread suggests that Trovon hasn't been missing any workouts. Really hope he makes the most of his senior season.

That's exactly what you want to hear from your cornerbacks. I love it. Also, the Player Workouts thread suggests that Trovon hasn't been missing any workouts. Really hope he makes the most of his senior season.

Yeah, I'm excited for him. I hope he balls out.

I'd really like to see Trovon break out this season, but you have to remember back to when Frazier was doing well this time last year. It was because he knew the offense, and knew where the receivers were running. He was able to jump routes in practice, but it didn't translate to the field.

I have cautious optimism for Trovon.

Trovon will only surprise me if he does not do well. He along with Justin Garrett are my picks for new impacts on d!

I'd really like to see Trovon break out this season, but you have to remember back to when Frazier was doing well this time last year. It was because he knew the offense, and knew where the receivers were running. He was able to jump routes in practice, but it didn't translate to the field.

Yeah this is definitely in the back of my head, but I feel Kiehl was just born to play QB and should've transferred anyway. Trovon is a better athlete I feel

Yeah this is definitely in the back of my head, but I feel Kiehl was just born to play QB and should've transferred anyway. Trovon is a better athlete I feel

KF was recruited as a safety by a lot of schools. I think the real issue is that it's hard to switch to the other side of the ball after not playing there for so many years. You have to pick back up the skills, and learn the defense, AND do both of those better than anyone else at that same position. He'll be competing against kids who have payed CB for an entire year in EJ's system. I like TReed, I wish he would have switched last year, he'd probably be an undisputed starter going into the fall.

I think anyone counting on Reed as a starter is probably setting their sights too high. From what I saw in the spring game, however, anyone discounting his chance of winning a job is probably underselling his talent level. Especially with Mincy likely in the doghouse (even if he never gets suspended), fall camp will have plenty of reps available. Reed looked shockingly solid at CB.

He also fits the physical bill that Ellis has recruited. He's taller and rangier and stronger than an average CB, which is what we want. At 6'0" and 190 lbs., he'll look a lot like Kal Bessent (6'1" 190), Stephen Roberts (6'1" 180), Nicholas Ruffin (6'0" 175), Joe Turner (6'2" 190), and Tony Bridges (6'2" 185). He's going to play a role. I hope he's competing for a starting spot and pushing the guys currently listed ahead of him, but he can help this team on special teams as well.

Call me crazy but I think trovon, before it's all said and done, will be a better corner than................mincy!

I can see this happening. Though, Mincy did look like he had improved play in the NCG. He was pretty much covering the team's #1 receiver through the majority of games last year if I remember correctly, so I'll cut him a little slack. I think there could easily be more rotation at corner this season.

I know Kiehl was recruited as a DB but he always wanted to play QB, and I can tell that 2012 + the amount of competition and his place in it definitely shook up his decision, and I'm sure he wanted to help Auburn in a way that actually mattered, not as a 3rd string backup @ QB.

I know Kiehl was recruited as a DB but he always wanted to play QB, and I can tell that 2012 + the amount of competition and his place in it definitely shook up his decision, and I'm sure he wanted to help Auburn in a way that actually mattered, not as a 3rd string backup @ QB.

kiehl never really got what he wanted to do in his head and focused on it. when he switched to defense he admitted he had thought about it since the previous spring(which says a lot about his focus on the qb race) . then midway through fall camp he switches with little time to adjust. i think kiehl was talented enough to play several positions had he set his mind and 100% of his heart on it. He never did and it might not be all his fault. Trovon was a good corner in HS. he made the switch in January, i think, He has focused, trained, studied, practiced, lived.... the cornerback position for 8 months now. He and Kiehl are not that comparable.

Where did KF end up transferring to?

Some really small school in Arkansas.

That I believe his brother already plays for.

There's an article floating around out there in the interwebs. I'm just too lazy to google and link it.

That I believe his brother already plays for.

There's an article floating around out there in the interwebs. I'm just too lazy to google and link it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kiehl+Frazier+transfer

Trovon Reed is still eligible? Man I feel like we signed that guy a lifetime ago. Seemed like Chizik's first recruit or so. Nice kid maybe, but he will make no impact on the field. A 5th year senior who hasn't made a difference before is not going to make a difference all of a sudden.

Trovon Reed is still eligible? Man I feel like we signed that guy a lifetime ago. Seemed like Chizik's first recruit or so. Nice kid maybe, but he will make no impact on the field. A 5th year senior who hasn't made a difference before is not going to make a difference all of a sudden.

Trovon said hello.........

10560954_1456739091250601_1379381511_n.jpg

This is from RR in the player workout thread.

:rolleyes: ^^^^ This guy^^^^

Archived