2014 SEC Media Days

RunInRed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish I could watch. I hate being back at work!! I spent the last 10 days at the beach and I want to go back!!! I have TV in my office but I won't get anything done if it is on.

I wish I could watch. I hate being back at work!! I spent the last 10 days at the beach and I want to go back!!! I have TV in my office but I won't get anything done if it is on.

:lol: Funny. I'd rather be at work than at the beach. :lol: I hate the beach. rude people, horrible traffic, no place to park, and that horrible god awful sand everywhere...no thanks. I'm getting SEC Media days on the DVR today and Wednesday so i can watch when I get home.

You would choose work over Auburn football ? ::gasp:: I'll watch it for you. ;D

:lol: Funny. I'd rather be at work than at the beach. :lol: I hate the beach. rude people, horrible traffic, no place to park, and that horrible god awful sand everywhere...no thanks. I'm getting SEC Media days on the DVR today and Wednesday so i can watch when I get home.

Blasphemy! You are going to the wrong beaches! There are different types. Some are real Sunny Beaches. There are Ugly Beaches, Hot Beaches, Wide Beaches, Calm Beaches, Nude Beaches and some guys like Bad Beaches. To each his own I suppose.

Blasphemy! You are going to the wrong beaches! There are different types. Some are real Sunny Beaches. There are Ugly Beaches, Hot Beaches, Wide Beaches, Calm Beaches, Nude Beaches and some guys like Bad Beaches. To each his own I suppose.

I think you missed it. I'm not going to any beaches. I hate the beach. I live about 25 minutes from Pensacola beach and have probably been there less than 15 times in over 45 years and that includes just a drive by. :lol: Sorry to derail the thread...:lol:

Back to SEC Media days......

Some things to watch for today:

1.) updates on Marshall and Mincy (don't expect this to be more than one or two statements and the phrase "I will not answer any further questions on the matter")

2.) the impact of a returning starting QB

3.) an update on Carl Lawson

4.) how we will manage a brutal schedule

5.) Gus reminding everyone how fast we will be going, disregarding the opinions of the leprechaun and ole Beluga.

WT is the PowerI of beaches....

Guess it's good Gus if first, gets the whole Marshall subject on then off the table. Will be interesting to compare how hard the media goes after Gus for Marshall vs. how hard they go after Saban for the 3 recent arrests. I know Marshall is a bigger target than those 3, but their offenses were worse under the law.

1.) updates on Marshall and Mincy (don't expect this to be more than one or two statements and the phrase "I will not answer any further questions on the matter")

5.) Gus reminding everyone how fast we will be going, disregarding the opinions of the leprechaun and ole Beluga.

Good post.

I think Auburn fans are a lot more worked up about Marshall and Mincy than the media, our coaches or even rival fans are.

Any chance at somebody giving some "greatest hits" of what Coach says? You know, for us guys stuck behind the desk today.

Good post.

I think Auburn fans are a lot more worked up about Marshall and Mincy than the media, our coaches or even rival fans are.

I'd hope alumni would be.

Any chance at somebody giving some "greatest hits" of what Coach says? You know, for us guys stuck behind the desk today.

Almost certainly. Usually RunInRed will start a thread for such matters and aggregate what the beat writers live tweet, but if not I'm sure somebody else will.

Almost certainly. Usually RunInRed will start a thread for such matters and aggregate what the beat writers live tweet, but if not I'm sure somebody else will.

Good gravy. I typed that response in the thread that RunInRed started for this very topic.

So annoying... Charter doesn't include ESPNU in my package. I really need to switch providers.

Or upgrade your package. lol

So annoying... Charter doesn't include ESPNU in my package. I really need to switch providers.

Or upgrade your package. lol

Well, it's not the only variable. In fact it's probably 4th or worse on the list behind having no SEC network, having to call every month because my bill keeps changing, having unresponsive and slow customer service while calling about said bill, and weekly internet outages. There are alternatives here that would solve at least 2 of those problems. Anyway...

CGM just confirmed Lawson had torn ACL hopes to get back by end of season

Avoided discussing Marshall other than to say he lost some privileges and will be dealt with, no specific punishments given

Asked about spread offenses, and says they are getting popular in NFL as well, present challenges for Defenses

Looking forward to opening with SEC opponent, have to be ready to go

Expectations different this season, have to play better this season and have to do it early in season

Did homework before taking in Trey Mathews, recruited him, coach on staff knew family well, and we feel good about him in our program

Peyton Barber is back 100%, got a lot of talent, Thomas and Petway will get a chance too

Pat Miller and Coleman are going to step up and fill Greg Robinson's shoes, replacing #2 overall pick isn't easy. He was often featured in run blocking scheme but feel good about our depth there

Relationship with Brett Beilema is profession, respect him and the job he does

Win at A&M last year was big win at that time. Ranked opponent on the road with a come behind win, and sacking Manzel to end the game, let us believe we could be anyone we play

Archived