Dear bammer nation

Rednilla

This is for all you bammers out there who keep yammering about rammer jammers on your yellow hammers while ramblin' about '15':

See, here's the thing: I understand. You have this massive complex: a need to lord over other people, for whatever reason (maybe you suck at life, manhood issues, etc...don't worry, I'm not one to judge). And there's this big shiny number to latch onto (facts be damned) that makes you feel like you're a winner because you cheer for a winner, so bammer is the clear choice.

Maybe you're even one of the knowledgeable fans, who understands that the 1941 national championship Bama claims is bogus to an absurd degree, seeing as the Tide finished third in the conference and 20th in the AP poll.

And if you know that, you probably know that Bama is responsible for each of the major polls deciding that they needed to wait until after the bowl games to pick their champion, because each of them permanently moved to post-bowl voting one year after seeing their pre-bowl champion, Alabama in both cases, go down in the postseason.

And of course you must remember that time when the Mighty Menstrual Cycle lost, at home, to the eventual conference champs, only to leapfrog the rightful contenders (due to a publicity campaign orchestrated primarily by ESPN) and get a rematch for all the marbles with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

But I'm not one of those Auburn fans who refuses to acknowledge the years when Wade Wallace took UAT out to Pasadena and brought back roses, or anything like that. I just think you should be more consistent, so I always try to be sure of pointing out that Mike Donahue's Tigers didn't lose a single game over the 1913 and 1914 seasons, with the only blemish coming in a scoreless tie during the latter of the years. Both teams, as well as Donahue's 1910 squad, were named NC by retroactive computer polls...just like Bama's first five claimed championships were.

Oh yeah, don't forget 1983, when Auburn faced the fourth most difficult schedule in the history of NCAA football, including a home stretch of five consecutive wins over top 20 opponents (four of whom were in the top 10). AU went into the bowls ranked #3 at 10-1,and #'s 1 and 2 both lost, but #5 Miami, who had beaten #1 in the Orange Bowl, leapfrogged the Tigers because it was a more exciting game than Auburn's defensive struggle with #8 Michigan in the Sugar. The New York Times was one of several of the non-wire polls that named AU national champs that season.

For the record, Miami's one loss came to a team Auburn happened to beat: Florida.

Also, you didn't bother mentioning the 93 season, the first time bammer won it all only to have "little brother" smack back with an undefeated season of its own as an encore. I don't know that I would feel comfortable claiming a championship from that year, but it is at least as legitimate as Bama's '41 claim.

So here's the score: we get that bammer has been awarded more national championships than Auburn. It's just hard to take an institution of higher learning that can't count correctly all that seriously. I mean, come on, if Bama has 15, Auburn has 9. If Auburn has 2, then Bama has 10. We understand that numbers confuse you liberal art types and all, but is it really so hard to be consistent about something as basic as 1, 2, 3?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh, we can count to two. That's how many we've won since your last one.

Your words ring a little hollow considering we own 60% of the national titles handed out in the last 5 years.

Who's we. Did you Play for the Tiiiide? Listen up whistle britches. You don't need to be talking about words ringing hollow when nothing solid or concrete ever comes from any of you guys. Quit trying to puff yourself up. Just admit the truth and move on.

I did admit the truth:

we own 60% of the national titles handed out in the last 5 years

Unless a different team won those titles than Bama, that truth is tough to get around.

The TRUTH is you guys seem to have an obsessed need to inflate your selves when discussing your teams past successes. Maybe it has to do with low self esteem, maybe it's because you feel looked down upon in other areas of your life. You and your Tide nation have the obsessed need to lie about the # of Championships achieved, the inexplicable need to festoon yourself with Alabama Script As or hounds tooth (which by the way was worn more often by Shug Jordan, Bear wore mostly plaid), your constant need to denigrate your rivals, your inflated sense of importance in the world of sports all paint a picture of a fan base that is revolting and repulsive to the rest of the college football world. The truth is that you guys are the single most delusional, obnoxious, rude behaving fans in all of college football. Try being a little more humble. Try to be a little more truthful. Try to feel a little better about other areas of your life. Try to have respect for others accomplishments. Try to be a little less obsessive about Alabama football.

If you do these things then you my friend will be one of those rare Bama fans that is actually pleasant to converse with. And perhaps you might rub off on others and create a different class of Bama fan.

Try to be a little less obsessive about Alabama football.

That's ironic. I was just about to give that advice for Auburn fans.

Try to be a little less obsessive about Alabama football.

That's ironic. I was just about to give that advice for Auburn fans.

Oh, you mean when an Auburn fan NEVER yells War Eagle at two bama fans saying row tahd to each other, but a bammer fan ALWAYS has to yell row tahd at two Auburn fans saying War Eagle to each other?

Gotcha....we are sooooooooo obsessed.....

Oh, you mean when an Auburn fan NEVER yells War Eagle at two bama fans saying row tahd to each other, but a bammer fan ALWAYS has to yell row tahd at two Auburn fans saying War Eagle to each other?

So you've got data on EVERY "Roll Tide" exchange between Alabama fans where an Auburn fan was present? Every instance where Auburn fans said "War Eagle" to each other when a Bama fan was present? Or are you just talking out of your rear end?

Pretty weak sauce honestly. You can do better Weegle.

Yes, I have been diligently tracking this data for the last decade, and it's very compelling............seriously?

So you've got data on EVERY "Roll Tide" exchange between Alabama fans where an Auburn fan was present? Every instance where Auburn fans said "War Eagle" to each other when a Bama fan was present? Or are you just talking out of your rear end?

BBM...

You would know all about that.

We have Bammers on this site?

. Bg is here AGAIN? I thought she left after the kick six made the munchkin cry...

A few. They make themselves scarce when we beat them.

BamaGrad03 - I can't speak for Weegle, but I can tell you, I drive a well marked Auburn truck and I probably get as many shouts of Roll Tide from Bama fans as I get War Eagle shouts from Auburn fans. so why is that - why do so many bammer fans have to shout roll tide at an Auburn fan? I rarely, if ever, have seen an AU fan initiate a War Eagle at a Bama fan - if they want to be a bama fan, let them. I am just pleased to shout a hardy War Eagle to my fellow Auburn fans and let the tide fans go on. But tide fans just don't seem to be able to let Auburn fans be Auburn fans without trying to impose.

Yesterday at work one I had on one of my AU scrubs.....and of course bammer fans just had to taunt me. One guy was just obnoxious about it, so I felt I had to reply. He said that Tide would get that barner stench out of my scrubs. I told him that his powerful Tahd had an extra second and they still couldn't wash anything out. He just stood there with his mouth hanging open and a sick look on his face and had nothing else to say...lol.

Thank You Coach Ellis Johnson, and Thank You Chris Davis!!

BamaGrad03 - I can't speak for Weegle, but I can tell you, I drive a well marked Auburn truck and I probably get as many shouts of Roll Tide from Bama fans as I get War Eagle shouts from Auburn fans. so why is that - why do so many bammer fans have to shout roll tide at an Auburn fan? I rarely, if ever, have seen an AU fan initiate a War Eagle at a Bama fan - if they want to be a bama fan, let them. I am just pleased to shout a hardy War Eagle to my fellow Auburn fans and let the tide fans go on. But tide fans just don't seem to be able to let Auburn fans be Auburn fans without trying to impose.

It's just low self esteem. It's what happens when your entire self worth is hinged on the results of a football team. uater are the only fan base I've ever encountered that use their little saying (that I'll never say ever) as a taunt to other fan bases. It's just in their DNA for their trashy fan base to taunt opposing fans at every turn. It's just what they do. Unfortunately, avoiding them in this part of the country is virtually impossible.

Unfortunately, avoiding them in this part of the country is virtually impossible.

It's not just relegated to that part of the country. The first week I moved out here to Colorado, I was passed by some redneck literally hanging out the passenger window screaming "roh tahd" at me with my windows up.

I have one AU sticker that simply says "Auburn" on my back windshield.

They're a disease.

It's just low self esteem. It's what happens when your entire self worth is hinged on the results of a football team. uater are the only fan base I've ever encountered that use their little saying (that I'll never say ever) as a taunt to other fan bases. It's just in their DNA for their trashy fan base to taunt opposing fans at every turn. It's just what they do. Unfortunately, avoiding them in this part of the country is virtually impossible.

Either this is a flat out lie, or you've never been to a game where Florida fans were present 'chomping' at people. You've also never been around any Arkansas fans - "woo pig soooooiiieeee" ing everything in sight.

Confirmation bias is fun. So is selective amnesia.

Either this is a flat out lie, or you've never been to a game where Florida fans were present 'chomping' at people. You've also never been around any Arkansas fans - "woo pig soooooiiieeee" ing everything in sight.

So BG03 were those Florida fans and Arky fans at a sporting event? Nobody argues fandom, especially at crowds around sporting events. It's the random of the bammers - like today, driving my truck home, making a left turn at an intersection and suddenly from the truck at the intersection I hear the guy yell, "Hey Buddy, Roll Tide" for no apparent reason other than to prove he was a bammer, simply because I have a Auburn truck. When was the last time you were minding your own business walking/driving somewhere displaying something that shows you to be a Bama fan and have an AU fan just yell "WAR EAGLE" at you.

Damn. Have to dumb it down even more than I thought. The title of the thread is address the uat nation. To make it simple, (stay with me here) its not about other fan bases. Deflecting is the uat way. It's always "because someone else does it". Shallow justification from and for a fan base of a**holes. Such a typical uater response.

Archived