July 19th Weekend Visitors

au_bsci_04

Are there any of these visitors over the weekend on "commitment watch", or most of them waiting. I would love to see a couple of commits over the next few weeks.

Not likely.

Did nate sneak up on you, E? :) wde

Lol. He snuck up on errrbody!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if Malik Talley from Scottsboro was there. He said he ran a 4.4 and was interviewed afterward. First year player about 6'3". His coach is Patrick Nix.

No clue. I can't even find a profile on him from the recruiting services.

Does anyone know if Malik Talley from Scottsboro was there. He said he ran a 4.4 and was interviewed afterward. First year player about 6'3". His coach is Patrick Nix.

Everything I find on him is about Basketball

Keep an eye out on him. Coach Nix has a few players that he thinks are D1 prospects. One of them is Cadillac William's nephew, Dekarlos Billingsly.

Statements like this are why I also say trust the coaches. In the last few posts there have been names like Malik Talley and Dekarlos Billingsly people most of us had never heard about. Maybe they are players maybe not but kids show up we didn't expect. The reason is kids change and new, sometimes better prospects develop. A D-lineman who was at camp last year and impressed the coaches but was just to small so not rated highly has the big growth spurt. A kid that doesn't do the camps and is from a small school, coaches go to a small school game to watch a player the liked in the camps and see this kid. A kid from an area we don't recruit falls in love with Auburn and sends game film to the coaches.

When I say trust the coaches does that mean that every time they will come through of course not but way more often then not they will. Am I worried about this recruiting class. Yes and no on the Offensive side it is blowing me away but like many I am worried about the D-Line and LineBacker. Then I look at the players who will be here next year and I also remember how the coaches always seem to pull a couple we didn't expect and I relax a little. Especially since Senior season hasn't started and I know there will be kids out there who we didn't know about that will move up the charts but I will guarantee our coaches knew about them.

Keep an eye out on him. Coach Nix has a few players that he thinks are D1 prospects. One of them is Cadillac William's nephew, Dekarlos Billingsly.

Statements like this are why I also say trust the coaches. In the last few posts there have been names like Malik Talley and Dekarlos Billingsly people most of us had never heard about. Maybe they are players maybe not but kids show up we didn't expect. The reason is kids change and new, sometimes better prospects develop. A D-lineman who was at camp last year and impressed the coaches but was just to small so not rated highly has the big growth spurt. A kid that doesn't do the camps and is from a small school, coaches go to a small school game to watch a player the liked in the camps and see this kid. A kid from an area we don't recruit falls in love with Auburn and sends game film to the coaches.

When I say trust the coaches does that mean that every time they will come through of course not but way more often then not they will. Am I worried about this recruiting class. Yes and no on the Offensive side it is blowing me away but like many I am worried about the D-Line and LineBacker. Then I look at the players who will be here next year and I also remember how the coaches always seem to pull a couple we didn't expect and I relax a little. Especially since Senior season hasn't started and I know there will be kids out there who we didn't know about that will move up the charts but I will guarantee our coaches knew about them.

Entirely too reasonable, Tex.

Hysteria plays much better on the recruiting board.

;)

;)

Amen.

Put another way: there are over 1 million high school football players in the US. The recruiting services couldn't possibly be evaluating nearly all of them.

;)

Amen.

Put another way: there are over 1 million high school football players in the US. The recruiting services couldn't possibly be evaluating nearly all of them.

Darn you McLoofus you were more succint in one line then I was in many. LOL

;)

Amen.

:lmao:

I like tautology humor.

;)

Amen.

I like tautology humor.

That is totally and completely correct.

;)

Amen.

I like tautology humor.

That is totally and completely correct.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent.

;)

Amen.

Trust me, this is a rare moment, lol. (Also, you covered a lot more ground, particularly the part about our coaches showing a strong acumen for talent evaluation.)

Tautology? There's a word for that? Nice!

Archived