Outrageous predictions

macauburn

Auburn vs undefeated Louisville in first playoff game. Auburn holds Mike Dyer to season low 5 yards per carry. Lawson returns to play and stuffs Dyer on the goal line while preserving a 31 to 34 victory. Auburn proceeds to second round.......??

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dyer was third in yards and carries, but the two RBs ahead of him in those categories have graduated.

Quick note on Dyer: With Teddy Bridgewater gone, Dyer is taking Teddy's #5 jersey...so that'll look familiar.

Kentucky wins the East

Haha! Well if anyone predicted this last year, we all would've said they're nuts:

AU wins the West

Mizzou wins the East

Derek Mason wins 11 games with James Franklin's past recruiting classes and wins the East. Their only loss being Ole Miss.

Derek Mason wins 11 games with James Franklin's past recruiting classes and wins the East. Their only loss being Ole Miss.

Thats great! To be honest with you im rooting for Derek Mason, he seems like a good guy and coach.

Auburn goes undefeated through one of the toughest schedules in CFB and wins the first Playoff Championship. Offense averages over 40 points per game, defense gives up an average of 19.7.

Bama loses 4 games this year.

Auburn sets records for most points and yards in a season.

Auburn goes undefeated through one of the toughest schedules in CFB and wins the first Playoff Championship. Offense averages over 40 points per game, defense gives up an average of 19.7.

I can see that happening for real. And I wasn't joking about Louisville beating Fsu either.I think both will happen.

I can see that happening for real. And I wasn't joking about Louisville beating Fsu either.I think both will happen.

I can see it happening for real, too. But it would be outrageous, IYAM. If we do make those scoring averages (which is unlikely), then I think there is no way we lose a game this season.

I may not be playing the game right, since I was trying to pick something unlikely, but not impossible.

I think FSU will likely be undefeated, so your picking Louisville to beat them falls into that category for me.

Auburn vs undefeated Louisville in first playoff game. Auburn holds Mike Dyer to season low 5 yards per carry. Lawson returns to play and stuffs Dyer on the goal line while preserving a 31 to 34 victory. Auburn proceeds to second round.......??

Yeah, I don't see Louisville making the playoff.

And even more ridiculous to think we would need a 4th quarter goal-line stand to beat them.

Bama loses 4 games this year.

Auburn sets records for most points and yards in a season.

Both of these are possible.

My gut says Bama loses two in the regular season. Why? I think Florida could throw Bama a curve ball, Ole Miss is real this year and gets Bama at home, UT is on the come back and gets Bama at home, and Auburn will be tough. I don't think Bama will lose all four of those, but I don't think they will win them all.

Given the 2013 team beat the 2010 team in YPG, if we crank up the passing, and can continue to have an awesome running game, we could do well this year.

Auburn beats Georgia in the sec championship where they advance to play Alabama in the first round of the playoffs. Making AU play their rivals 4 out 5 games in a row. Then then goes on to play UCLA in the final round after they beat FSU in round 1.

Auburn beats Georgia in the sec championship where they advance to play Alabama in the first round of the playoffs. Making AU play their rivals 4 out 5 games in a row. Then then goes on to play UCLA in the final round after they beat FSU in round 1.

I think you don't understand the playoff format :poke:

And I don't see Dyer starting. Wasn't he 3rd string last year, with very pedestrian numbers?

Dyer was injured last year (sports hernia) and missed a lot of games but he was the top rusher in their Spring game with 100 yards. If he remains injury free, I think he will have a big year for them in this, his NFL year.

I think you don't understand the playoff format :poke:/>

No this makes sense; in this scenario the semi final games were UCLA vs FLA ST and ALA vs AUB. Winners are UCLA and AUB and they face off in NCG.

No this makes sense; in this scenario the semi final games were UCLA vs FLA ST and ALA vs AUB. Winners are UCLA and AUB and they face off in NCG.

It makes sense.. it was just worded very poorly. I like it though! That would throw a ratchet into the playoff machine immediately.

I think Petrino will use Dyer like he used Michael Bush in the season that he caught the NFL's attention.

U heard it here first: Louisville beats Fsu this year.

I think so too. I still think FSU will be #1 heading into the post-season and that the other three teams in the playoff will each have two losses.

It makes sense.. it was just worded very poorly. I like it though! That would throw a ratchet into the playoff machine immediately.

I read it wrong- I thought he meant Auburn would beat Bama, then Florida State, then UCLA. Now I'm reading it correctly... or in his terms :)

Archived