With liberals pining for a Clinton challenger, ambitious Democrats get in position

Tigermike

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About as funny as making a big deal of Laura Bush's running a stop sign and killing a friend. Or making fun of Bush because he did cocaine.

This business of harping on mistakes from a politician's youth to skewer them is lame IMO, regardless of which side of the fence they are one.

But Clinton had better worry about Warren. I'd vote for her in the primary if I thought she could win. (Being from South Carolina, it doesn't matter who I vote for in the General. :-\ )

homer, accidents are one thing, but EW proactively screwed a real minority out of their place on the Harvard Faculty.

There is a whole different thing with her. I like her ideas, i just cant get over purposefully screwing a minority out of a job.

The EEEEWWWWW factor is strong with this one.

If she would just get real and admit she did it and asked forgiveness, i could easily move on. But that is never gonna happen.

Native-American-Elizabeth-Warren3.jpg

This is awesome. I have seen her affectionately referred to as Senator Faux Squaw but, despite that, I honestly believe she'll beat out Hillary for the Dem nomination. Aside from being altogether unlikable, Hillary is just too hawkish for the bleeding heart crowd. Her biggest problem is that people know too much about and the fact she has never accomplished anything other than win a Senatorial election during which she did nothing. Then was apptd SoS and, once again, accomplished absolutely nothing. I just hope Uncle Joe throws his hat in the ring. He's the dumbest Vice President in history and i have not forgotten Dan Quayle. Biden,makes Quayle look like Bill Nye the Science Guy.Aside from that he's been wrong about EVERY political position he's ever taken.

homer, accidents are one thing, but EW proactively screwed a real minority out of their place on the Harvard Faculty.

There is a whole different thing with her. I like her ideas, i just cant get over purposefully screwing a minority out of a job.

If she would just get real and admit she did it and asked forgiveness, i could easily move on. But that is never gonna happen.

Homer acts like she was 15 when this happened. She is a lying scam artist who is a radical. I agree with a few of her positions, but I can't stand people gaming a system that was designed to help the real Americans of history.

You guys need very little in the way of facts to spew hate:

The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate's heritage didn't come up during the course of her hiring. "It simply played no role in the appointments process," he said. "It was not mentioned and I didn't mention it to the faculty."

The Herald later quoted Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan, saying, "I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned."...

Warren finally accepted a tenured teaching job at Harvard in 1995. An announcement of the professor's hire that year in the Harvard Crimson did not mention her lineage or say that she was the law school's first Native American faculty member.

http://m.washingtonp...a9258_blog.html

"The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate's heritage didn't come up during the course of her hiring. "It simply played no role in the appointments process," he said. "It was not mentioned and I didn't mention it to the faculty."

The Herald later quoted Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan, saying, "I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned.""

"Warren finally accepted a tenured teaching job at Harvard in 1995. An announcement of the professor's hire that year in the Harvard Crimson did not mention her lineage or say that she was the law school's first Native American faculty member."

Hate? Are you serious? Dude, I'm loving it all. I mean what could be more entertaining than watching Uncle Joe, Hillary and Sen Faux Squaw fight it out to see who can pander the most successfully to the far left progressives?

"The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate's heritage didn't come up during the course of her hiring. "It simply played no role in the appointments process," he said. "It was not mentioned and I didn't mention it to the faculty."

The Herald later quoted Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan, saying, "I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned.""

"Warren finally accepted a tenured teaching job at Harvard in 1995. An announcement of the professor's hire that year in the Harvard Crimson did not mention her lineage or say that she was the law school's first Native American faculty member."

Hate? Are you serious? Dude, I'm loving it all. I mean what could be more entertaining than watching Uncle Joe, Hillary and Sen Faux Squaw fight it out to see who can pander the most successfully to the far left progressives?

You love to hate and hate to deal with facts.

Well how about Bush doing cocaine? And getting himself put at the head of the line for a safe NG position?

Frankly, I don't personally hold either of those things against Bush, which is my point. I think Bush is the sort of guy I could easily relate to on a one-on-one basis. He seems very likable to me - as does Laura. As far as I am concerned, making issues from things which happened in our youth is irrelevent when determining what a person can contribute 30 or 40 years later. I am over 60. I understand how people grow. IMO this thing with Warren is trivial.

In March, 1969, I signed up for the draft on my 18th birthday in accordance with the law. I had plans to enroll at Auburn for that summer quarter so I checked the box which gave me the student deferment. (For the record, had I been drafted, I would have gone without questioning it. This was before I figured the whole 'Nam thing out.)

Does that make my action any more or less honorable than Bush's? Should either action disqualify either of us from running for POTUS 30 or 40 years later?

Homer acts like she was 15 when this happened. She is a lying scam artist who is a radical. I agree with a few of her positions, but I can't stand people gaming a system that was designed to help the real Americans of history.

Right. She undoubtedly displaced a full-blooded native American. :rolleyes:

She took advantage of an opportunity just like we all take advantage of opportunities provided by the government. (See tax policy.)

Right. She undoubtedly displaced a full-blooded native American. :rolleyes:/>

She took advantage of an opportunity just like we all take advantage of opportunities provided by the government. (See tax policy.)

Let me get this straight. Her telling a big whopping lie about her ancestry was just taking advantage of an opportunity?

No. She committed fraud. See crimes....

Let me get this straight. Her telling a big whopping lie about her ancestry was just taking advantage of an opportunity?

Frankly, I don't know the details. A lot of us have a smidgeon of Native American blood even if we can't document it.

But even assuming she had none, yes, she took advantage of an opportunity, by definition. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Frankly, I don't know the details. A lot of us have a smidgeon of Native American blood even if we can't document it.

But even assuming she had none, yes, she took advantage of an opportunity, by definition. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Its very easy to find out now. She could have had this test run anonymously for $99 during her campaign and then announced the results.

https://www.23andme.com/ancestry/

Perhaps she did and the results indicated she is 100% European

The Herald has twice quoted Charles Fried, the head of the Harvard appointing committee that recommended Warren for her position in 1995, saying that the Democratic candidate's heritage didn't come up during the course of her hiring. "It simply played no role in the appointments process," he said. "It was not mentioned and I didn't mention it to the faculty."

The Herald later quoted Fried, a former U.S. Solicitor General under President Ronald Reagan, saying, "I can state categorically that the subject of her Native American ancestry never once was mentioned."...

Warren finally accepted a tenured teaching job at Harvard in 1995. An announcement of the professor's hire that year in the Harvard Crimson did not mention her lineage or say that she was the law school's first Native American faculty member.

I am calling BS on this. The entire article is about how Warren is "positively" proclaiming a lie that not even her own family will stand behind. Why would you do that? Why would you purposefully smear your own name in a nationwide hoax? Why would you heap all this scorn on top of yourself if it werent to benefit yourself? She has lied for decades. Prior to applying for these teaching jobs there was no claim of being a Native American. Only when she applied for Professorships did it ever come up. Think about that truth for a minute. Warren was going thru the process of being hired. You know, we just hired a young black lady in my department and guess what? We never discussed her lineage. We/She didnt have to. She is hands down the best candidate we could find (PERIOD.) Therein is the admission. Warren felt that she would not get the job on merit alone. These are the facts.
A Boston Globe profile of the Democratic candidate’s teaching career noted that her “law degree from Rutgers University made her THE ONLY TENURED Harvard Law School professor trained at an American public law school.”

''

Really? Here's a fact for ya. I love America and I honestly believe progressives are trying to turn it into a 3rd world nation. Sadly, they're succeeding at an alarming rate while phony's like BHO hoodwink people like you into believing their ambitions are whats best for the country and you not only believe him, you defend the rankest corruption and govt ineptitude I have ever seen.

A lot of mental gymnastics and rationalization going on for you to come to that.

I am calling BS on this. The entire article is about how Warren is "positively" proclaiming a lie that not even her own family will stand behind. Why would you do that? Why would you purposefully smear your own name in a nationwide hoax? Why would you heap all this scorn on top of yourself if it werent to benefit yourself? She has lied for decades. Prior to applying for these teaching jobs there was no claim of being a Native American. Only when she applied for Professorships did it ever come up. Think about that truth for a minute. Warren was going thru the process of being hired. You know, we just hired a young black lady in my department and guess what? We never discussed her lineage. We/She didnt have to. She is hands down the best candidate we could find (PERIOD.) Therein is the admission. Warren felt that she would not get the job on merit alone. These are the facts.
A Boston Globe profile of the Democratic candidate’s teaching career noted that her “law degree from Rutgers University made her THE ONLY TENURED Harvard Law School professor trained at an American public law school.”

You have zero evidence she received her job based on claimed lineage. ZERO. I give you evidence to the contrary and you just dismiss it. All rant, no facts.

A lot of mental gymnastics and rationalization going on for you to come to that.

Maybe so, but I'll be damned if I would let something like that deprive the country of a good president. Not saying for sure she would be good president, I haven't spent much time "studying" her. But at some point you just have to concede that none of us is perfect and it's not realistic to expect it from anyone. I would apply the same standard if it were a Republican candidate we are talking about.

All I know at the present is she is one of the very few politicians who are challenging the financial interests in this country, which is one of my priorities.

Dems would love to nominate a woman for president. They could play the gender card the same way they have the race card with Obama.

Well, judging from their pathetic attempt to play the "gender" card with Palin, it's apparently not in the GOP's skill set. They even had a ready-made "black" card with Colin Powell, but he's just too sensible for them. ;D

I don't recall anyone trying to play the gender card with Palin and you miss the point as always. Dems and Obama have made it so that any criticism of him is portrayed as being racist, thereby silencing critics. Now some people on the democrat side made a point to criticize her for having a baby that was going to have developmental problems. Her policies are open for discussion as are Obamas. She never attempted to use the fact that she is a woman to shield herself from criticism. Can we say that Obama and his buddy Eric Holder have not used their race to try make people afraid to criticize? Nope.

Archived