Facilities and Recruiting

stealthyfan

Two points on recruiting and facilities.

First - recent new construction (dorm and cafe) are second to none. Points here

Second - stadium improvements for recruiting include a beautiful new field (sod) with improved turf species on the perimeter to keep the field ready for play at all times. This means being striped for recruiting visits which occur all year long. JH is in use much more than in the past. Eric is doing a fantastic job here and on all sports venues. Nods to the coaching staff as well for being approachable and allowing the professionals work their magic.

Part B of the stadium is a tired and worn locker room. I did not realize how small it is. I understand plans are in place to seriously expand and remodel this key area in recruiting - but when, where and what else will be a part of this. Is this part of a larger south end zone expansion. Any inside information folks?

For all the annual offseason talk about expansion and keeping up with the Joneses, i will submit that, from a recruiting standpoint, there are things that can and certainly should be done. Sorry A4E, none involves adding more seats IMO. :) A major facelift to the outer facade and expanding the locker room/recruiting room being the most important.

It's easy to point out the VERY few areas in facilities that we lack in. Here's some perspective, with one of our closest rivals....

@Carvell_AJC: The lack of an indoor practice facility at #UGA was popular topic of discussion among prospects & parents at #Dawg Night becuase of rain.

@Carvell_AJC: Heard parents & prospects complaining about how Auburn, Alabama and even GaTech has pristine indoor practice facilities -- but not UGA

It's easy to point out the VERY few areas in facilities that we lack in. Here's some perspective, with one of our closest rivals....

@Carvell_AJC: The lack of an indoor practice facility at #UGA was popular topic of discussion among prospects & parents at #Dawg Night becuase of rain.

@Carvell_AJC: Heard parents & prospects complaining about how Auburn, Alabama and even GaTech has pristine indoor practice facilities -- but not UGA

Absolutely many areas are on par or above with the "competition".

It is easy to point out the dressing facilities because most pics you see of recruits are taken there so the visibility is high.

Improvements are in the works, but when I have no good info on. If the locker areas can be done independent of other renovations to the south end - it will be sooner.

Looking for any knowledgable poster to comment.

Would love to see us put an even bigger Jumbo-Tron at the OTHER end of the stadium where recruits sitting in the endzone can see it. Where recruits sit in the endzone, they have their backs to screen and miss a lot of the promotional and high energy stuff on the screen.

Archived