Top 5 Loudest Games at JHS

caleb1633

89 vs uat. Nothing I have witnessed even comes close.

And nothing ever will. I've been to almost all the games mentioned. The stadium MOVED in '89.

04 LSU...I've been to a ton, that takes the cake for me in terms of constant, ridiculous noise the entire game.

I'll add that 06 UF was indeed loud, but nothing comes close to 04 LSU in my memory

The 04 LSU game is the loudest I've heard from the inside (couldn't distinguish words out of the mouth of the guy next to me). The 07 Florida game has to be up there, too, because I could hear the stadium from my apartment across from the College St Wal-Mart. And drowning out Rammer Jammer after the 09 Iron Bowl was awesome...

06 Flordia game? 07 was in the swamp

That must have been the year then...whenever Tre picked up the blocked punt and flipped into the end zone.

Can only reference games I have attended:

1. '89 Iron Bowl

2 . '13 Iron Bowl

3a. '89 FLA

3b. '87 FLA (Holloween night and we were scary good!!!)

4.'90 FSU

5a. '13 UGA

5b. '06 LSU (Hardest hitting game I ever saw)

This is the time I was around too. 1, 3a and 4. Against FSU scoring late we started going their war chant. That's the loudest I ever heard it.

Then scoring late against fl to go up 10-7. It was so sudden. It was crazy. Emmit smith cried, ha.

89 vs uat. Nothing I have witnessed even comes close.

And nothing ever will. I've been to almost all the games mentioned. The stadium MOVED in '89.

I was there too. That was one of the best sporting atmospheres I've ever been in.

Based on games that I've been too I would say:

1. 2006 Florida

2. 2013 UAT

3. 2013 UGA

4. 2004 LSU

5. 2004 UGA

2009 West Virginia was one of the craziest games I've been too, and the student section rocked that day!

Based only on games I've been attended:

1. 2013 Iron Bowl - The Kick 6 produced the loudest single moment of any game I've attended. If JHS still had the noise meters, I have no doubt they would have exploded.

2. 1989 Iron Bowl - First time at JHS and we didn't disappoint. Fans were great.

3. 2013 UGA - Prayer in Jordan-Hare produced the second loudest single moment of any game I've attended.

4. 1993 UF - Jackson's 90+ yard Pick 6 turned the game around. Had UF scored again at that point, the game would have probably been lost.

5. 1993 Iron Bowl - The best team on radio finished off the turds for a very unexpected undefeated season.

WDE

Can only reference games I have attended:

1. '89 Iron Bowl

2 . '13 Iron Bowl

3a. '89 FLA

3b. '87 FLA (Holloween night and we were scary good!!!)

4.'90 FSU

5a. '13 UGA

5b. '06 LSU (Hardest hitting game I ever saw)

The 87 UF game is the only time at a cfb game that my ears "bottomed out" and the sound turned into a static like noise.

I can only go with the ones I've attended. So...

1. 2006 Florida (the noise level at one point literally hurt my ears, and I'm not that sensitive to noise)

2. 1993 Alabama

3. 1993 Florida

4. 2002 UGA

5. 2004 UGA

Just an observation here: it appears that the people that were at the 1989 UAT game rate it as number 1. I don't recall anyone rating it less than no. 1.

Loudest games I have witnessed personally just to add to the list that I'm surprised I haven't read more people mention:

2010 UGA

2004 LSU

2005 Bama (Sack Brodie) - actually that game had more laughter that loudness

Just an observation here: it appears that the people that were at the 1989 UAT game rate it as number 1. I don't recall anyone rating it less than no. 1.

Probably a good reason for that, too.

I was at the West Virginia "sing in the storm" game, and it was awesome. My son was put on top of the big AU masonary marker at Toomers after the UF game by the cheerleaders in 93. I was at the sack Brodie game and the 2006 UF game. Trust me. My ears rang for two days after we beat Bama in '89. No comparison.

My ears rang for two days after we beat Bama in '89. No comparison.

When I was a student, that was how I measured how loud a game was. There was one game where I could still hear faint ringing on Wednesday morning, four days later. I think it was the 1989 Florida game (Slack to Wasden).

The loudest road game I went to was The Earthquake Game.

Archived