Who (besides Auburn) will be in the final four?

WFE12

Oklahoma

FSU

and one of OSU/MSU/Oregon/Stanford/UAT

How awesome would it be if (1) UAT is ranked #1 or 2 and loses to AU in a close game (2) AU wins SECCG (3) OSU/FSU/Oklahoma win out. Would make for a craptastic debate for the #4 team and help accelerate an 8 team playoff model! Not to mention maybe they would do the right thing and scrap the playoff panel in favor of letting the old BCS formula determine the teams.

so im guessing u don't want to say au because of a jinx?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oklahoma

FSU

How awesome would it be if (1) UAT is ranked #1 or 2 and loses to AU in a close game (2) AU wins SECCG (3) OSU/FSU/Oklahoma win out. Would make for a craptastic debate for the #4 team and help accelerate an 8 team playoff model! Not to mention maybe they would do the right thing and scrap the playoff panel in favor of letting the old BCS formula determine the teams.

Who (besides Auburn)... - I have no superstitions towards saying we will make playoffs. Honestly, it's not even a stretch to say such.

I don't think FSU makes it this year, they'll stub their toes against either Clemson, UF, Miami or Notre Dame and in the pansy ACC there are not enough quality games to recover ground lost. Okie is getting overhyped by beating overhyped Bama in the Sugar. So...

1. Oregon (good team, only a couple tough games)

2. Ohio State (with their joke schedule and media hype, as long as Michigan's down they'll always be a final 4 favorite).

3. Winner of AU/Bama

4. Winner of UGA/S. Carolina

fwiw, an Oregon vs Auburn replay of 2010 is almost too good to ponder.

Oklahoma

FSU

Who (besides Auburn)... - I have no superstitions towards saying we will make playoffs. Honestly, it's not even a stretch to say such.

oh lol sorry about that,so used to the others still putting aub in their posts...

I will almost bet my house, you will not see two SEC teams in the final four. Nor will you see two from any conference. The creation of this committee almost guaranties that. Contrary to what has been said the new system "IS" about money, so it will be important to have the largest TV footprint, so teams will represent all of the USA. WDE

This. Playoffs are here only because of the 2011 BCS season finale. As long as this 'playoff' exists in its current incarnation, I go negative on this committee ever selecting a two-fer.

When the field expands in years to come, then of course the chances would be far greater.

A small part of me is skeptical ..the schedule is just so brutal, i think we lose 2,even with losing two, yall think we get in?

yeah the schedule is the sole reason why im a bit skeptical, if we had bammer's schedule we would be a shoe-in

A small part of me is skeptical ..the schedule is just so brutal, i think we lose 2,even with losing two, yall think we get in?

Not under normal standards, no. You'd need probably more than a handful of teams to drop 2 games, and we'd probably have to drop some very early games that are still relatively good teams, I.E LSU, Ole Miss

Can't believe all this "schedule to tough", blah, blah, blah. In case u guys haven't noticed, AU is back. Whatever happened to the phrase "I believe in Auburn and love it"? Well I can tell u it never left my heart, some others maybe, and by what I'm hearing and reading, most of it sounds like Paul and his espn cronies has gotten a lot of u thinking that way also, smh. Dare I say, War Eagle?

Can't believe all this "schedule to tough", blah, blah, blah. In case u guys haven't noticed, AU is back. Whatever happened to the phrase "I believe in Auburn and love it"? Well I can tell u it never left my heart, some others maybe, and by what I'm hearing and reading, most of it sounds like Paul and his espn cronies has gotten a lot of u thinking that way also, smh. Dare I say, War Eagle?

As I said before this may be the hardest schedule of the modern era of college football. Excuse me for thinking that Auburn might drop a game (they could still make the CFB easily with one loss as long as it's before Alabama)

I think the KState game might be a barn burner. The one game that worries me is the South Crackalacky game. If we get through that game unbeaten, we just might run the table.

im jus sayin they could lose two games, that's still saying they'll win 10 games.....im a realist, i'm very confident in the team

Not under normal standards, no. You'd need probably more than a handful of teams to drop 2 games, and we'd probably have to drop some very early games that are still relatively good teams, I.E LSU, Ole Miss

this is just not fair man,after what happened in the last game we played and imma leave it that.....i've been,just like all the players im sure, wanting vengeance, it's hard enough to try be on par with what we did last season with everybody coming for our heads,but now there's this schedule in the way smh

As I said before this may be the hardest schedule of the modern era of college football. Excuse me for thinking that Auburn might drop a game (they could still make the CFB easily with one loss as long as it's before Alabama)

thank you

I think the KState game might be a barn burner. The one game that worries me is the South Crackalacky game. If we get through that game unbeaten, we just might run the table.

why them....after that...at ole miss and at georgia, i think both will be doing pretty good that's somethin to worry about

thank you

No apologies from me, but I think this offense will be too much to handle for ANY team we face this year. If the D steps up we will go 15-0 with the NATTY!!!

thank you

No apologies from me, but I think this offense will be too much to handle for ANY team we face this year. If the D steps up we will go 15-0 with the NATTY!!!

I think we averaged scoring 39.5 PPG last season. If we can meet or exceed that (43 PPG would be fitting) and if the D can hold opponents under 20 PPG, I think we win every game.

Probably FSU, Ohio, and maybe another SEC team... SEC is that good. We will dominate the playoff system!

wont be two sec teams this year,maybe next but definitely not this year

I would love to see us beat uat which would knocked them out of being in the 4 team playoff.

I'd love to beat them no matter what.

Schedule - I think I read somewhere (and it does fit) that it is possible for AU to face 5 of 6 of their last regular season opponents as a Top 25 team. (Also 7 of last 8 and 8 total ranked teams) That is why so many are worried about the schedule. But I BELIEVE and think we can get there. When we win the SEC West, then we get another top ranked team and would have to face 2 Top 4 teams in the playoffs to win it all. That is one tough schedule. But Gus and the boys can handle it!

Archived