Read and Note Your Opinions Please...

DKW 86

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it."

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth."

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality."

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage."

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them."

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt."

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions."

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work."

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America."

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform."

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!"

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." :thumbsup:

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." :thumbsup: Pollution yes, AGW, Not totally down with it.

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." :thumbsdown: Dont like the idea of some bureaucrat defining Net Neutrality.

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." :thumbsup:

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." :thumbsup:

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." :thumbsup:

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." Define "Equal" Work please. Same Work yes.

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." :thumbsup:

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." Within Legal Limits, not unrestrained illegal immigration.

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" Total Chicken Little moment here...

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." Yes

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." Yes

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." Yes

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." Yes

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." Yes

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." Yes

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." Yes

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." Yes. I'm taking this to refer to the fact that women are still paid less than men for the same job.

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." Yes

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." Yes, well on the concept that it did make it strong at one point in its growth. I believe it hinders us now.

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" Yes

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it."

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth."

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality."

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage."

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them."

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt."

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions."

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work."

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America."

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform."

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!"

Pretty much.

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." Yes

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." Yes

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." Yes

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." Yes

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." Yes

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." Yes

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." Yes

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." Yes. I'm taking this to refer to the fact that women are still paid less than men for the same job.

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." Yes

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." Yes, well on the concept that it did make it strong at one point in its growth. I believe it hinders us now.

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" Yes

:iamwithstupid: (jk :laugh: )

But I do agree.

So where did this come from DK?

http://www.huffingto..._n_5599178.html

Warren focused her message on her familiar theme of economic populism, getting loud applause when she said, "The game is rigged. And the rich and the powerful have lobbyists and lawyers and plenty of friends in Congress. Everybody else, not so much. So the way I see this is we can whine about it, we can whimper about it or we can fight back. I'm fighting back!"

Warren ran through a list of progressive policy positions, asserting that "we believe" in tougher rules for Wall Street; science; net neutrality; raising the minimum wage; a livable wage for fast food workers; making sure students aren't burdened by crushing debt; protecting Social Security, Medicare and pensions; equal pay for equal work; equality; immigration reform and the fact that corporations are not people."

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." Enforcement, yes. But the Fed should be held accountable as well.

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." Protect the environment, yes. Fabricate things to advance an agenda? No!

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." No net neutrality.

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." Do it with increasing economic growth and increasing industrial opportunity for middle class work.

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." Fast food workers should only be in these jobs as a stepping stone for better work and wages. Only managers should expect higher wages. Teenagers and college students need access to these jobs as part of personal growth.

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." Entitled? No! Opportunity? Yes!

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." Protect it, yes! That's what the programs were "supposed" to do.

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." What's your description of equity? I'm all for equal pay for equal work, but your side lies about these stats all the time.

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." True. How about paying back your fraudulent Native American benefits?

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." As long as you follow the law!

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" Corporations are made of people. They deserve protection as well,but the best way to do that is honor contractual agreements and I will never agree to forced purchase of goods or services regardless of women's "rights".

:)

- "We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it."

Agree.

Agree. However, the devil's in the details.

Agree. Big corporations and pipeline owners can be just as big of a tyrant as any government.

I think gradual increases in the minimum wage could be absorbed. Sudden ones could be catastrophic. And there's a Law of Diminishing Returns that kicks in at some point...you can just keep raising the minimum wage and expect to not have consequences such as companies hiring fewer people, cutting hours or hiring mostly part-timers, etc.

In general, I do believe our demand for the cheapest goods possible is a detriment to people getting paid a decent wage. I'm not sure what that line is though.

Agree.

Agree...though I think there are better ways to accomplish this than the current Social Security setup.

Agree. I also believe in accurate statistics that take into account all the relevant factors rather than just spouting the figure that one likes the best to make the problem look more drastic.

I don't believe we're entitled to call whatever relational arrangement we can dream up in our heads "marriage" in the name of equality, but in general I agree with equality in the workplace, housing and so on.

Agree. Part of the reason so many don't go through legal channels is that our immigration system is antiquated, slow and unhelpful. Fix it.

The notion that corporations are "persons" actually goes back to Roman times. It's just seen as the legal embodiment of the people that own it. But regardless, even with the Hobby Lobby decision, women still have a right to their bodies. What they don't have is a right to other people's money to pay for things they want.

YOur all a bunch of dam libtards sociolest! We need to focus on the privite secter not the government. Walmarts is the biggest private employere in the country. We need more success stories like Walmarts.

http://democrats.edw...ort-May2013.pdf

Dimocraps hate Walmarts

Government aint the solution. It's the problem. R. Raygun

We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." The last thing we need is more regulation

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." Earth was hear before us and it ill be hear when wes gone

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." Privite sector will figur this one out

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." you cant change the intrisection of that supply and demand curve by wavin the government majic wan

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." see above, unions dont do nuthin for nobody but unions

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." yay rite, everbodys entitilled, aint nobody entitilled to nothin.

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." I done spent all my money gimme some of yours boo hoo

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." BS, pay is bassed on what you do and how good you do it

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." next thing it ill be pluralastic marrige and nambla

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." send all them ilegall sons a biches back were they come from

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" leaf the privite secter the hell aloan.

Libtards is a mentel desiese. You idiots need to stop worrin about people an reallies that business and the biggest army is what make America grate.

you cant help no 47% of people M. Romny

Dubya main, he be da reason fo aw dis problem main, he be tooks my money. Publicans ain't narn but rich crackas dat be racis. Crats be fo us main.

Dubya main, he be da reason fo aw dis problem main, he be tooks my money. Publicans ain't narn but rich crackas dat be racis. Crats be fo us main.

For Weegs it all comes down to race. He's obsessed with it. You too, Blue!

Yes to all, with two caveats:

I don't know if all people are "entitled" to an education (i.e., don't know if it is an "inalienable right"), but I believe it is in our country's best interest that all people get a quality K-12 education. It is also in our best interest that all people have the opportunity for a college education without incurring crushing debt.

I understand the legal argument that the owners/stockholders of corporations are people, but cannot personally make the jump from that to the concept that the corporation, as an entity itself, has all the rights of a person. Likewise, I believe the owners of Hobby Lobby are entitled to exercise their religious beliefs in their personal lives, but cannot make the jump to believing that entitles them to control the rights of 500+ employees or to force their beliefs on said employees.

"cannot make the jump to believing that entitles them to control the rights of 500+ employees or to force their beliefs on said employees." quietfan, couldn't that same argument be made (and was by the court I think) that the government can't force citizens to compromise their beliefs? Just because the Feds want to pass a law assuming one size fits all doesn't mean it does. I don't think they (Hobby Lobby mgt) is forcing their beliefs on anyone. Those employees who want the few medicines can purchase them on their own can't they?

"cannot make the jump to believing that entitles them to control the rights of 500+ employees or to force their beliefs on said employees." quietfan, couldn't that same argument be made (and was by the court I think) that the government can't force citizens to compromise their beliefs? Just because the Feds want to pass a law assuming one size fits all doesn't mean it does. I don't think they (Hobby Lobby mgt) is forcing their beliefs on anyone. Those employees who want the few medicines can purchase them on their own can't they?

I acknowledge your point and, to paraphrase Voltaire, "will defend to the death your right to believe it".

But I think the Supreme Court decision establishes a slippery slope. What's next? Can I refuse to hire someone because of their race if my religious beliefs tell me I shouldn't hire other races? Can I fire someone because they are homosexual or in an interracial marriage if that offends my beliefs? If a couple was married in a faith outside my own, so that my own church does not acknowledge the marriage, are they not entitled to the same spousal benefits as employees of my faith? Can I refuse to hire women if I believe "a woman's place is in the home"? If I am a nudist, can I force my employees to work nude or demand that my customers strip upon entering my store? Should I deny medical benefits to all my workers if I am a Christian Scientist...or deny them medical treatment if they are injured on the job? Do I have the right to say Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Christians, or atheists can't work in my company because I am of another faith?

I understand that some might answer "yes, because it's your private company (property)" and understand that line of reasoning. But speaking for myself, I cannot agree with that answer. And as far as "private property rights" go, it is already well established law that I cannot discriminate in housing rental or sales because of race, creed, ethnicity, or gender, regardless of my beliefs even if I'm trying to rent or sell my own private property.

I don't think the decision opened any of those doors and I don't think that slope is as slippery as some think. Some could try and open some of those doors but we both know the courts wouldn't allow it, and rightfully so.

I don't think the decision opened any of those doors and I don't think that slope is as slippery as some think. Some could try and open some of those doors but we both know the courts wouldn't allow it, and rightfully so.

I understand what you're saying. But I think maybe you have more faith in the courts and/or the people's common sense than I do. To some degree I envy your confidence. ;)

Petty much nope on all accounts.

And therein lies your problem. :-\

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." NO

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." NO

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." NO

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." NO

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." NO

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." NO

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." NO

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." NO

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." NO

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." NO

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" NO

- Raptor

Petty much nope on all accounts.

And therein lies your problem. :-\

"We believe that Wall Street needs stronger rules and tougher enforcement, and we're willing to fight for it." NO

- "We believe in science, and that means that we have a responsibility to protect this Earth." NO

- "We believe that the Internet shouldn't be rigged to benefit big corporations, and that means real net neutrality." NO

- "We believe that no one should work full-time and still live in poverty, and that means raising the minimum wage." NO

- "We believe that fast-food workers deserve a livable wage, and that means that when they take to the picket line, we are proud to fight alongside them." NO

- "We believe that students are entitled to get an education without being crushed by debt." NO

- "We believe that after a lifetime of work, people are entitled to retire with dignity, and that means protecting Social Security, Medicare, and pensions." NO

- "We believe—I can't believe I have to say this in 2014—we believe in equal pay for equal work." NO

- "We believe that equal means equal, and that's true in marriage, it's true in the workplace, it's true in all of America." NO

- "We believe that immigration has made this country strong and vibrant, and that means reform." NO

- "And we believe that corporations are not people, that women have a right to their bodies. We will overturn Hobby Lobby and we will fight for it. We will fight for it!" NO

- Raptor

+1 homer...

Archived