Gus on ESPN

RunInRed

Programming heads up ...

Gus Malzahn is working Auburn football, even this early Monday morning, even with a 4:30 a.m. flight to Bristol and ESPN. He'll be all over the network's various platforms today...

L7ya_FKv.png

9XNMkoU.jpg

x0IXFJP.jpg

haLL0Zq.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN "Car Wash" participants: Hugh Freeze, Gus Malzahn, Les Miles, Gary Pinkel, Mark Richt, Mark Stoops & Derek Mason. The rest tomorrow.

Red, can I trade places with you for just one week? I'll even use my wife's D800.

Won't be as good as your shots but maybe close?

Auburn's Gus Malzahn breaking down plays at ESPN

BtFCjBXCQAErMgC.jpg

"Wow, we won like that," says Gus Malzahn at ESPN, remembering beating Alabama on last play of game.

BtFFQxtCAAAjFDt.jpg

Big plays last year, "but we have to make new memories this year," says Gus Malzahn at ESPN

BtFF4HoCAAA9zhI.jpg

@AUGoldMine

ESPN just dumped 40 pieces of Dubble Bubble in front of Gus Malzahn on "Numbers Never Lie" show. He just popped one in his mouth.

@bmarcello

Game time! Forty pieces of bubblegum for Auburn's Gus Malzahn at ESPN's Numbers Never Lie

BtFMpurCYAExJD9.jpg

@AUGoldMine

ESPN just dumped 40 pieces of Dubble Bubble in front of Gus Malzahn on "Numbers Never Lie" show. He just popped one in his mouth.

@bmarcello

All of them started chewing a piece. Gus said it helps him get into a rhythm. Also said he shot "like an 88 or somethin' like that" at Augusta.

Asked to say somehting nice about Bama, he said he really respects "their head coach" and "they're extremely talented."

Gus said the best thing at Alabama is Nick Saban

He doesn't know how to fix the Dallas Cowboys.

Didn't make a prediction on the season said "taking it one practice at a time, one game at a time."

Didn't make a prediction on the SEC said good things about LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, Texas A&M

Said he wants to be more balanced on offense

Said he hasn't decided a punishment for Nick Marshall.

Gus said the best thing at Alabama is Nick Saban

He doesn't know how to fix the Dallas Cowboys.

Didn't make a prediction on the season said "taking it one practice at a time, one game at a time."

Didn't make a prediction on the SEC said good things about LSU, Bama, Ole Miss, MSU, Texas A&M

Said he wants to be more balanced on offense

Said he hasn't decided a punishment for Nick Marshall.

Ya think he left out Arky by mistake?

;)

Keith Niebuhr @247 is saying the schedule is as follows:

11:20 CT- ESPN2, segment "Numbers Never Lie" *

12:20 CT- ESPN2, Sportcenter

12:40 CT- ESPN2, College Football

http://auburn.247spo...-today-29738002

*edit-corrected KN info,changed to ESPN2

I think SportsCenter and CFB Live will both be on ESPN, too (not ESPN2).

Les Miles is a character. They tried to get him to eat grass, but he turned it down. He was coaching those guys on NNL. I think they had a better time with Gus, though.

Gus Malzahn was peppered with a solid series of questions today from Michael Smith, Danny Kanell, and Greg McElroy.

How would you describe your personality?

“Focused. One track mind.”

If you weren’t a football coach, what would you be doing?

“Pumping gas, probably.”

Most interesting thing you did this offseason?

“I played Augusta. I think I shot 88.”

What is your prediction for Auburn this season?

“I don’t make predictions. We’re going to focus just like we did last year. One practice at a time, one game at a time. We’ll see what happens.”

Can you say something nice about Alabama?

“I tell you what. Their head coach, I respect him, and he is one of the best in the business. They are extremely talented and have great talent at every position.”

You grew up a Dallas Cowboys fan. How would you right the ship in Dallas?

“Boy, I tell you what. I’ve got my own issues to deal with. I just like to watch them on TV. I don’t get to watch ‘em too much, but I’m a big fan.”

How about the no-huddle? That what be a good start for them, huh?

“Yeah, that would be good.”

*** Solid.... all the way around.

http://coachingsearc...er-Lie-29741518

On Monday, the Auburn coach reiterated his stance on Nick Marshall from SEC Media Days, adding that an appearance at the event last week is a "reward" and one the second-year quarterback "didn't deserve."

"He understands he made a mistake. He has been remorseful," Malzahn said Monday during an appearance on ESPN's Numbers Never Lie. "Up until that point, he had been a model student, citizen, all of the above, but he made a mistake. He's our quarterback. The quarterback is the face of our program, so he'll have some things he'll have to pay for. I have not decided that for sure right now, but it will be in a short period of time I'll have that figured out."

"The good thing for us is we have Jeremy Johnson, another outstanding quarterback I think will play at the next level," he said. "He played two games last year and was the SEC Offensive Freshman of the Week. We're in good shape there."

http://www.al.com/au...on_on_nick.html

BtFXuXgCIAE7dTZ.jpg

Gus Malzahn loves his receivers this year: "We've got a lot of guys who can make plays in one-on-one situations."

Ready for football? Gus Malzahn: "I wish it started today. I can't wait to get out on that football field."

@bmarcello

Malzahn: " From a coaching standpoint I can't get that last game out of my mind. I think about it every day."

Malzahn reiterates that this is the most talent at WR since he's ben at Auburn. He first said that in Dothan almost 3 months ago.

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn cites Rhett Lashlee working with B on his footwork.

@JoelAEricksonAU

BtFYDCqCIAAbrHJ.jpg

Archived